Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
for real man, i say pass and then see pics and see myself camping, i think it depends on my work bonus, not that i can tafford them anyway but extra money is better:smokin

LOL just for bringing them up
sales comission and fantasy football championship winnings will come in handy if i try to double up on these breds

Sigh I hate calling most shoes bred. When I call these banned they just assume the one with the x but why can't that just be a different look release of the same shoe. I'm not about to call the banneds from that pack chicago because it was in the bulls vs celtics pack you know? This is the cw that was "banned" so no matter what release it is that's what I'm calling it. Same goes with the flu games IMO but that's just my take on the bred/banned thing

so these arent  black/red dunk hi's? 

these are basically just modified black and red dunks, so black/red dunk hi's work imo :D

really though, i hate when people call these banneds...these were never banned...it was a red/black pair of air ships. marketing at its finest.

Last edited:
I feel like these deserve a nickname. I hate bred and even though banned is "politically incorrect" I like the name for the black/red 1's. Like the black/blue 1's have the royal nickname not only because of its bold shade of blue but I feel like the sneaker is held in high regard. A nickname that just came info it's own. I feel like the only people who dislike the banned nickname are those with the 2011 "Banned's". They don't want their pairs to just be lumped up with all the other retro releases of the black/red :lol:

....I don't blame them :wow:

I know it was the air ships that were banned that's why I put it in parentheses but still it was marketed as banned when they came out why change it now because of one release. Any other nicknames I would be fine with is dealing with a slam dunk contest

so these arent  black/red dunk hi's? 

these are basically just modified black and red dunks Air Hoyas, which were basically just modified Dunks, so black/red dunk hi's work imo :D

really though, i hate when people call these banneds...these were never banned...it was a red/black pair of air ships. marketing at its finest.

Slight fix.

Last edited:
I called them Retro 1 OG black/red banned from the league.........Lol everything that comes in a red/black color way will be called breds.  Anyway i dont know if these will be limited, so i paid the 309 on sneakerhead to secure a pair. On release day i will try on NDC and if i get them sneakerhead will be getting theres back immediately..

Last edited:
While everyone is hunting for Gammas and other shoes, I bought these for a nice price.

Ugh I hate the "Banned" name. No one called them that until 3 years ago. They are the black and red 1s, simple as that

I've heard banned way prior to the outlet release it's bred that took off and I rarely ever heard called for any shoe.

I remember the banned/bred arguement in here a couple months ago. People will call them whatever they want no matter what.
Even though they're really called the black and red royals.

This is the same shoe that was banned by the NBA commissioner., the same shoe but a retro that Mike was fined for every time he played in them and nike covered the tab.

This colorway was banned correct?

first released in 1985, in a red and black colorway to match the uniform of the Chicago Bulls, the team for which Michael Jordan  played. This red and black color-way was later outlawed by NBA Commissioner David Stern  for not having any white on them. Michael Jordan would wear the shoes anyway, and each time he stepped on the court he would be fined five thousand dollars. Nike used this as a promotional tool in advertisements hinting that the shoes gave an unfair competitive advantage and that whoever wore them had a certain edginess associated with outlaw activities. 

So Call them OUTLAWED instead of BANNED.......who cares i want these bad.... one of my favorite pairs

Last edited:
[@]tai5020cap read some of the earlier post it's almost basically confirmed that this isn't the shoe that was band it was the Nike Air Ship he wore. Jordan only laced these up for the dunk contest and not sure if he was fined or not

O ok cool thank for the info on that.......well these are the ones i know and like...... im cool with the nike air logo on the tonque

Love taking in new knowledge.....now i can argue with someone like i knew this all along...lol

Last edited:
I do that all the time lol that's why I love NT you learn a lot.

10 Nike Air 1s this year.

Knicks
Royal
Black toe
Shadow
Celtics
Highlight reel
XQT (think that's what it's called)
Black Gold PL
Laney
Banned/ Bred

Back