Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Seriously thought I had more. Well I guess JB better release all the metallics then

And I thought I was doing something with my 5 pairs. Nice collection man.

not sure why ppl are surprised about royals having tumbled leather. once we saw '16 breds i pretty much knew royals and, most likely shadows, would get the same treatment. which is exactly why, at that moment, i copped a pair of ds '13 royals from sole supremacy. again, i'm one of the few that likes '13 breds and royals better than the remastered, tumbled pairs. i'll still be copping '17 royals, just as i did '16 breds, but i def. like the smooth leather alot better.

These Royals will end up like SJ and Bred OG 1. Folks complain about this and that but will be the first ones camping out. That tumbled leather looks and feels insane. Plus it hold better against creasing and other imperfections.

To all of you complainers please don't try to buy them. We could do without the web traffic on release day. Sleep on these like you did with the Storm Blues. Thank you to all!

not sure why ppl are surprised about royals having tumbled leather. once we saw '16 breds i pretty much knew royals and, most likely shadows, would get the same treatment. which is exactly why, at that moment, i copped a pair of ds '13 royals from sole supremacy. again, i'm one of the few that likes '13 breds and royals better than the remastered, tumbled pairs. i'll still be copping '17 royals, just as i did '16 breds, but i def. like the smooth leather alot better.
Well, if it is true that they're tumbled then I wouldn't have guessed from them since the 2016 version is actually a retro of the 2011 version. My theory (if anyone said the same thing then our theory) is that Nike/Jordan Brand wants the trinity to have the same leather type.

Last edited:
they are just making subtle changes to each shoe when they retro. whether it be the distressed leather or changing the shades of color slightly. they always do that. it just gives them another reason to retro the shoe in the future. make that money JB 
pimp.gif

they are just making subtle changes to each shoe when they retro. whether it be the distressed leather or changing the shades of color slightly. they always do that. it just gives them another reason to retro the shoe in the future. make that money JB 
pimp.gif
Exactly... I'm still going to cop these and the next release even though I hate the tumbled look and sheen on og's. But we can only hope JB will make them properly as they did with the chi's, bt's, metallics one day.

Exactly... I'm still going to cop these and the next release even though I hate the tumbled look and sheen on og's. But we can only hope JB will make them properly as they did with the chi's, bt's, metallics one day.
these are great to me if you really wanna have the closet pair just buy the 2013s and skip this release 

pimp.gif
If that was the case don't you think they would put tumbled leather on the other 1s in 2016? I think my theory of only the trinity being tumbled is plausible. Plus Jordan Brand doesn't change the shoe that much. 

If that was the case don't you think they would put tumbled leather on the other 1s in 2016? I think my theory of only the trinity being tumbled is plausible. Plus Jordan Brand doesn't change the shoe that much. 
not really those aren't as popular and JB knows that

whe

Well, if it is true that they're tumbled then I wouldn't have guessed from them since the 2016 version is actually a retro of the 2011 version. My theory (if anyone said the same thing then our theory) is that Nike/Jordan Brand wants the trinity to have the same leather type.

where was it ever confirmed that '16s were a retro of '11s? it wasn't. i think ppl just assumed and ran with that theory strictly based on the "banned" name attached to the '16s and the tumbled leather. the truth is '16s are just a remastered, re-retro version of breds, period. if '16s were a retro of '11s, i figure '16s would also have the "X" on the heel.

whe
where was it ever confirmed that '16s were a retro of '11s? it wasn't. i think ppl just assumed and ran with that theory strictly based on the "banned" name attached to the '16s and the tumbled leather. the truth is '16s are just a remastered, re-retro version of breds, period. if '16s were a retro of '11s, i figure '16s would also have the "X" on the heel.
this. i also think when the rumors first surfaced everyone thought it was the retro of the 2011 banned release because everyone kept attaching the name to the shoe and JB had the lil banned campaign with it 

whe
They took the X and added on the inside of the shoe along with the correct date.

they are just making subtle changes to each shoe when they retro. whether it be the distressed leather or changing the shades of color slightly. they always do that. it just gives them another reason to retro the shoe in the future. make that money JB :pimp:

u just disproved your own theory. if the "trinity" all have tumbled leather, then that confirms '16 breds are NOT a retro of '11s.

Printing on the inside collar was like the 2011 banned..

whe

They took the X and added on the inside of the shoe along with the correct date.

true. good points. i guess we'll have to wait and see what the final product looks like. i'm just glad they didn't try some foolery like tumbling the leather on the BTs.

u just disproved your own theory. if the "trinity" all have tumbled leather, then that confirms '16 breds are NOT a retro of '11s.

Technically they are apart of the trinity given the colorway.

technically, at least in my mind, the trinity is actually breds, chi, and BTs. not sure how/why royals and shadows were ever included in the "trinity." but i guess that's a whole nother debate.

Last edited:
technically, at least in my mind, the trinity is actually breds, chi, and BTs. not sure how/why royals and shadows were ever included in the "trinity." but i guess that's a whole nother debate.
Yeah, that the Red (Bulls) trinity but some people believe the trinity is the Black, *Insert Color Here*, and White original colorways.

Back
Top Bottom