Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If anyone try’s to tell you that any shoe is better than the remastered version, they’re full of ****. That 2013 vs 2016 black toe convo a few pages back was cringey and I don’t understand homeboys agenda pushing the 2013s

Just to reiterate, every single remastered version is better than their previous model without exception: bred, royal, shadows,black toes, etc. it’s not debateable

Cringy? Did you make the ****in shoes?

Agenda?

Who are you?

Do you have both? I have every single 2013 and also their remastered version.

My point is there is no reason to pay $500+ for a sneaker that isn't that great. The recent black toe wasn't a high quality sneaker. So if you can get the 2013 cheaper I would.

If you need clarification and don't understand my point you can ask, instead of crying over my opinion.

And dudes will whine about millimeter in height, but not talk about a sneaker being tumbled that shouldn't be and is off in it's color.

I guess you dudes will wait until the next remaster to whine about the tumbled leather and say the 2016's are trash.

Same cycle.

Even though the remastered versions are undeniably more comfortable, I got rid of my remastered Royal and Shadow and re-copped the 2013 versions. I prefer the 13's blue and the way they stack on my pants vs. the 17's. As far as Shadows, I would have keep the 18's even though I have the 13's if they didn't crease something fierce after one wear. Stress creases are cool because it gives the leather that aged look but once the leather dents and folds and no longer goes back to its original shape, that doesn't look good at all to me.

And dudes will whine about millimeter in height, but not talk about a sneaker being tumbled that shouldn't be and is off in it's color.

I guess you dudes will wait until the next remaster to whine about the tumbled leather and say the 2016's are trash.

Same cycle.

This. If they release another run of 1s that have slightly "better" materials etc etc years from now people will straight up sh*t on the previous models as if they weren't putting all these up in high regard quality talk is mad dumb and pointless. Most people don't even know what they're talking about. Just enjoy the shoe and the fact that they've given us OG colorways that don't feel and look like these and plethora of other monstrosities
Air-Jordan-1-High-holiday-2009.jpg s-l1600.jpg
but with Gentry back idk. We may get these back anodized pairs and everything else

sharing a very close up photo of the spider-man , and if you are asking if you should double up, i suggest yes
but if you have chicago already then i think you dont need an extra spider-man ,
i doubled up because i dont have a chicago

do you think a white lace on the spiderman will work?

the WHITE leather is super buttery , the RED leather is almost the same , the BLACK leather is my gripe, it's almost perfect except for that

file-48.jpeg

**** man

I honestly love my 2013 breds. Wouldn’t give them up for anything.

Yeah they’re wild’n. Whoever can’t appreciate the 2013 run clearly wasn’t in to shoes until just recently or just couldn’t get their hands on a pair in 2013. So now that the remastered versions are out, it’s become the cool thing to slander the 2013s. Easy to slander a shoe that you couldn’t copp back in ‘13 even you wanted to. They were so limited at that time. And by the way 2013 Royals ARE better than the remastered version IMO. Oh well to each his own. Love my 2013s as well.

I told people don't sleep on the Spidermans

I’m sleep. Even if I didn’t have 2 pairs of Chi’s I still wouldn’t want any parts of the “Spider-Man” 1s. At the end of the day they’re just not Chi’s and just a tad too gimmicky and immature for me. I loved spider man growing up as a kid just as much as the next but you won’t catch me still rocking my Spider-Man undies lol. Each his own.

Yeah they’re wild’n. Whoever can’t appreciate the 2013 run clearly wasn’t in to shoes until just recently or just couldn’t get their hands on a pair in 2013. So now that the remastered versions are out, it’s become the cool thing to slander the 2013s. Easy to slander a shoe that you couldn’t copp back in ‘13 even you wanted to. They were so limited at that time. And by the way 2013 Royals ARE better than the remastered version IMO. Oh well to each his own. Love my 2013s as well.

Exactly, people just repeat what others say now up here in order to show how knowledgeable they are and fit in.

Nobody was saying naw b, don't pay $500 for those royals they're trash. Don't pay $700.

Suddenly after SBB everyone became leather experts.

I still wear all of my 2013's. Dude UNDS the 2013 shadows a couple of pages back. They look garbage to people now :lol:

Are the soles yellowed, or is that just the pic? Also were they not covered in glitter? I’m torn between unds’ing my 2013, or selling them off. The whole shoe is literally covered in glitter. Not just small patches like my remastered pairs.

Do you wipe them off or do you just sit there and let them continue to be covered in glitter like that?

Exactly, people just repeat what others say now up here in order to show how knowledgeable they are and fit in.
sound like you're projecting

Nobody was saying naw b, don't pay $500 for those royals they're trash. Don't pay $700.
thats because the remastered mold/quality hadnt been introduced for people to know better. People dropping 700+ on 1s regularly still. Quality has never been a factor in resale, we all know this

I still wear all of my 2013's. Dude UNDS the 2013 shadows a couple of pages back. They look garbage to people now :lol:
no one said they LOOK garbage - i said they ARE garbage in comparison to the remastered version. You must've been top of your class

09 shadows have suede. Banneds are basically mids with nice leather.

and inb4 "new fan" "hypebeast" "dont know **** about sneakers" --- dont even bother responding if you werent around during the talk.to/niketalk days because i probably dont care for your opinion

Last edited:
Black toe quality is not great on any version. But chicago’s are no better either. Let not act like these were great quality 1s. It does look awesome tho. Think the shadow 2018 and hyper royal were better. By far.

You got ‘15 Chi’s? Because the quality was undeniable good on those. Unless you don’t consider soft leather all around to be good quality then I guess I understand where you’re coming from.

The only 1s I've kept from the 2013-14 run are shadows, barons, and black/whites. Honestly my only major gripe with 2013s is the squatty shape(which I paid no attention to until the remastered program remasters are superior in my book) and the fact that the toeboxes are slightly narrower with more unforgiving materials so they would hurt my pinky toes after extended amounts of wear. They aren't impeccable by any means and I do prefer the remasters but they arent super bad. I definitely wouldn't say that any of the 2013's are better feeling wise to their remastered counterparts. Not because of any kind of tumble but because of the factors I've stated. If you wear any of em heavily enough theyll all break in and give that soft tumbled feeling that people are championing all of a sudden. Remasters just break in easier and all have a better feeling and softness out the box that the previous line wasn't hitting on average.

Last edited:
Payed retail for both remastered and ‘13 black/red and also royals.

‘13 trash in terms of stiffness and quality of leather.

Some of y’all need to stop acting like y’all sewed and painted the ‘13s yourselves. People can like what they like. I didn’t like them. But lucky for us JB will continue to rerelease until we find versions we are happy w.

Hell I enjoyed the ‘01 retros and those get hella criticism

You got ‘15 Chi’s? Because the quality was undeniable good on those. Unless you don’t consider soft leather all around to be good quality then I guess I understand where you’re coming from.
No mine are not that great tbh. Black toe and chicago same quality. Stiff. The bred toes 18 shadow 18 hyper royals all better.

No mine are not that great tbh. Black toe and chicago same quality. Stiff. The bred toes 18 shadow 18 hyper royals all better.

There’s nothing stiff about the leather on either of those shoes. Bred toes in comparison are most definitely NOT softer than Chicago’s. That’s the first time I heard that one lol.

Back
Top Bottom