Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

i thought there was a restock at ndc but that was a false alarm oh well. still looking for them chicago cw size 11

Got my pair today!

Some observations compared to my Baron 1s:

- They run a bit small. I have US 9.5 Baron 1s, but ordered a US 10.5 pair of these 2013 retros, and the Baron 1s feel equally tight around my foot (which is why I decided to go up 1 full size, so hopefully it's just a matter of break in...)

- They are much more comfortable than my Baron 1s: padding around the ankle is thicker and fuller, the cushioning around the toe box feels good and the leather tongue isn't as flimsy as the one on the Baron 1s.

- My Baron 1s started creasing on the toe cap on the first day, making it very painful to walk in them. (It truly hurt, as if someone pushed hard on your toes with a sharp object.) It took me several days to minimize the creasing on them to an acceptable level using various tricks and wearing multiple layers of socks, making my feet feel very swampy and the Baron 1s plain horrible to look at. These 2013 retros crease nicely without hurting my feet, kudos Nike!

- The finish of the shoe is crap. There is glue residue to be seen, roughly cut edges, even misaligned portions on the shoe. The pair I received has enough differences between the left and right shoe that it's easy to spot the differences in craftsmanship (or lack thereof). I really did not expect this from a shoe that cost me 120€.

- Although I've never seen the 1994s in person and I'm too young to understand the "OG tag" stuff, I have to admit that the pink Jumpman tag with "AIR" looks out of place. I think a varsity red or black tag would've been better than pink.

- Breathability of the shoe is really bad. For some reason I think my Baron 1s are better at keeping my feet dry, but 15 minutes in the 2013 retros and my feet felt a bit swampy.

- I don't have a problem with the stiff leather—it seems to me this shoe has the potential to become more appealing over time, with natural creasing here and there to give it a nice worn look. Some of the pictures of the 1994s that I've found online look like the shoes have been through hell and are 100% beaten. Not my thing to be honest...

Overall I can't say I'm that happy with these shoes, although they would make very nice beaters. I'm actually considering returning this and just order Air Jordan Alpha 1 iDs with a similar design. The Alpha 1s look worse in my opinion, but have more perforations so I'm hoping to find some insight to whether they actually have better breathability than these 2013 retros. Too bad the Alpha 1s cost 100€ more than this shoe on European NDC, so I'm not 100% sold on that shoe either. (Are they any more comfortable though?)

Thanks and peace!

Remember when I posted a while back that the Black/Red 1s are Retroing too?

Guess what: I've heard that they are this year's Black Friday release. Makes sense in a way, we have been getting Black/Red kicks for the past two years now

got mine, but the sole didn't match up with the midsole? if you run your hand over the side of the sole/midsole, they don't sit flush. anybody else have this problem? i got two pairs, both with the same problem. :x.

Ok I want these now ....time to start looking for a size 10
nerd.gif
Ditto

Heres the alterations I did to my pair. My auto customizing skills helped, but this is easy for anyone to do. Carefully repainted the Jumpman when I found the right hue, then switch to the Nike Air tag. You can find em off vintage Nikes off eBay.

great job!! did you get to find the Original White insole
Great job! was wondering if you swapped the Jumpman insoles also with the original White insole with the red Nike Air print?

ok so here it is, i havent taken the jumpman tag off but that is the easy part so....enjoy and if you want to know how to do it please pm me and ill tell everyone or if you want i will post how i did it in here as well. say good bye to that jumpman on the heel:

ok so here it is, i havent taken the jumpman tag off but that is the easy part so....enjoy and if you want to know how to do it please pm me and ill tell everyone or if you want i will post how i did it in here as well. say good bye to that jumpman on the heel:

WOW, great job man. Props to you! 

Last edited:

looks great.

just post it here in the thread, i think that would be best for everyone as well as you.

Every time you mentioned Baron, I thought of league of legends. I dont know..
Got my pair today!

Some observations compared to my Baron 1s:

- They run a bit small. I have US 9.5 Baron 1s, but ordered a US 10.5 pair of these 2013 retros, and the Baron 1s feel equally tight around my foot (which is why I decided to go up 1 full size, so hopefully it's just a matter of break in...)

- They are much more comfortable than my Baron 1s: padding around the ankle is thicker and fuller, the cushioning around the toe box feels good and the leather tongue isn't as flimsy as the one on the Baron 1s.

- My Baron 1s started creasing on the toe cap on the first day, making it very painful to walk in them. (It truly hurt, as if someone pushed hard on your toes with a sharp object.) It took me several days to minimize the creasing on them to an acceptable level using various tricks and wearing multiple layers of socks, making my feet feel very swampy and the Baron 1s plain horrible to look at. These 2013 retros crease nicely without hurting my feet, kudos Nike!

- The finish of the shoe is crap. There is glue residue to be seen, roughly cut edges, even misaligned portions on the shoe. The pair I received has enough differences between the left and right shoe that it's easy to spot the differences in craftsmanship (or lack thereof). I really did not expect this from a shoe that cost me 120€.

- Although I've never seen the 1994s in person and I'm too young to understand the "OG tag" stuff, I have to admit that the pink Jumpman tag with "AIR" looks out of place. I think a varsity red or black tag would've been better than pink.

- Breathability of the shoe is really bad. For some reason I think my Baron 1s are better at keeping my feet dry, but 15 minutes in the 2013 retros and my feet felt a bit swampy.

- I don't have a problem with the stiff leather—it seems to me this shoe has the potential to become more appealing over time, with natural creasing here and there to give it a nice worn look. Some of the pictures of the 1994s that I've found online look like the shoes have been through hell and are 100% beaten. Not my thing to be honest...

Overall I can't say I'm that happy with these shoes, although they would make very nice beaters. I'm actually considering returning this and just order Air Jordan Alpha 1 iDs with a similar design. The Alpha 1s look worse in my opinion, but have more perforations so I'm hoping to find some insight to whether they actually have better breathability than these 2013 retros. Too bad the Alpha 1s cost 100€ more than this shoe on European NDC, so I'm not 100% sold on that shoe either. (Are they any more comfortable though?)

Thanks and peace!

How do these fit? I see a lot of 10.5 sizes on craigslist but none in a 10...

I see what Nike is doing now.... if I am going to ever stand in line again for some kicks there better be a "nike air" on the sneaker now.
mad.gif

Went to my local footlocker and had 1 pair left and it was in my size couldn't pass on this classic shoe even without the nike air :smokin

ok so here is the tutorial, it will be quite easy for you since i did all the trial by error things on these lol. first thig is to get a razorblad (straight edge) or any kind of cutting tool actually and cut off the jumpman ( i used a razorblade and using the long side of the blade i slowly moved the blade side to side long ways to cut into the jumpman so that you actually have a slight indention where the jumpman is on the back, not too deep but just a little lower than the leather around it) then i had some quick drying hole filler and put enough of the hole filler in the jumpman portion of the indention, then i took some cardboard that is flexible enough to take the shape of the heel of the shoe and wiped the excess off (just like filling a hole in drywall) then i made sure that the jumpmans filling is flush with the rest of the heel and when everything lined up and was flush and the filler was dry i went back and painted the filler with red paint from turtle feathers (now i noticed that the standard red from turtle feathers is minutely off from the red on the shoe so i actually painted the intire heel portion with the red and you cant tell since its barely off but just the jumpman painted is noticeable) if you takle this project just take your time and even if it doesnt look great the first time just stick with it and you can always take the paint back off and try again. Good luck to all who are going to try this and it actually isnt that hard once i figured out the best way to do every step after doing it the hard way first lmao.:D

thanks for the tutorial bro! I might have to pass on this though. Not sure I can pull it off as good as yours
and I might regret it if I F up. GOOD JOB tho!

ok so here is the tutorial, it will be quite easy for you since i did all the trial by error things on these lol. first thig is to get a razorblad (straight edge) or any kind of cutting tool actually and cut off the jumpman ( i used a razorblade and using the long side of the blade i slowly moved the blade side to side long ways to cut into the jumpman so that you actually have a slight indention where the jumpman is on the back, not too deep but just a little lower than the leather around it) then i had some quick drying hole filler and put enough of the hole filler in the jumpman portion of the indention, then i took some cardboard that is flexible enough to take the shape of the heel of the shoe and wiped the excess off (just like filling a hole in drywall) then i made sure that the jumpmans filling is flush with the rest of the heel and when everything lined up and was flush and the filler was dry i went back and painted the filler with red paint from turtle feathers (now i noticed that the standard red from turtle feathers is minutely off from the red on the shoe so i actually painted the intire heel portion with the red and you cant tell since its barely off but just the jumpman painted is noticeable) if you takle this project just take your time and even if it doesnt look great the first time just stick with it and you can always take the paint back off and try again. Good luck to all who are going to try this and it actually isnt that hard once i figured out the best way to do every step after doing it the hard way first lmao.:D

Seriously, man, you should just offer to do this for people for a fee. You'd probably have a nice amount of people willing to pay you to do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom