Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

You're both right and no one is "barking up the wrong tree" here.

What AirXav is trying to say is that there are "real authentics" and "fake authentics". That's a true statement, even if it's an oxymoron.

However, when dealing with ebay sellers, it's good to buy from those that state something like: "100% Authentic or triple your money back!"
The seller of the Jordan Bullets jersey didn't mention that, nor did he write "Nike" on the title or description.
But look at his other items. He's clearly a thrift shopper and probably not into jerseys. The seller is not a bad guy in my opinion.

To the buyer: Apologize and simply tell him the jersey he has is counterfeit and you would like to cancel the transaction.

From now on, look at what you're buying before you bid!

real authentics and fake authentics? i know there are classification of jersey, pro cut, game worn, retail authentic etc etc. all i was saying in my initial statement is that it was obvious that the jersey was fake and that the seller didnt even accurately describe what the jersey was. its obvious from the pics that it was a poor attempt at a authentic nike jersey. i also offered an opinion on what the buyer should do in order to not get burned. that was all. i didnt even think it warranted an outside response at all. especially when the response was so off topic.

the goal of the original post was to state the obviousness of it being a fake and to offer advice on how to deal w/ the transaction. verbiage of what it was classified as real authentic, fake authentic, really real fake swingman, pro cut real authentic replica or whatever other silly names one could come up with was never the point anyway.

Last edited:
real authentics and fake authentics? i know there are classification of jersey, pro cut, game worn, retail authentic etc etc. all i was saying in my initial statement is that it was obvious that the jersey was fake and that the seller didnt even accurately describe what the jersey was. its obvious from the pics that it was a poor attempt at a authentic nike jersey. i also offered an opinion on what the buyer should do in order to not get burned. that was all. i didnt even think it warranted an outside response at all. especially when the response was so off topic.

the goal of the original post was to state the obviousness of it being a fake and to offer advice on how to deal w/ the transaction. verbiage of what it was classified as real authentic, fake authentic, really real fake swingman, pro cut real authentic replica or whatever other silly names one could come up with was never the point anyway.
My "off topic" response was aimed towards the guy that bought the MJ bullets jersey.

He might be a beginner, so I was giving him tips.

My first sentence was to show you how condescending you sound. The jersey is an obvious fake to you. You said it five times. We got it.

My "off topic" response was aimed towards the guy that bought the MJ bullets jersey.
He might be a beginner, so I was giving him tips.
My first sentence was to show you how condescending you sound. The jersey is an obvious fake to you. You said it five times. We got it.

I was speaking about the other gentleman that post.

Condescending? Usually that's a statement reserved for oral communication. I only reiterated my belief because the other guy kept saying stuff about the difference between fake this and fake that. If you look back at my original post it was an attempt to help the dude as well. If you took my post as condescending, that's your opinion.

You obviously don't want to understand the whole thing.
So move on.

Last edited:
You obviously don't want to understand the whole thing.
So move on.

obviously you dont understand that my original post was to give advice to dude about his transaction, not to debate classifications of fake or real jerseys, so...

move on indeed

Last edited:
Advice always welcome when true. And precise.

let me ask you something...

i see you are in france, here in the US we basically have 3 classifications of jerseys that can be purchased over the counter. authentic, swingman and replica. other than that, game issue jerseys, pro cut jerseys etc etc can be found.

so, real authentic vs fake authentic? what do you mean. to me, authentic means legitimate real licensed copy of what the player wears on court. what does authentic mean to you?

i thought it was clear that the jersey was an attempt to pass as a nike authentic jersey (a retail licensed copy of what the player uses on court). the only reason i stated that the seller didnt mention anything about the jersey being authentic is because i feel like he/she was using a plausible deniability tactic. dont classify it, so that when the buyer realizes its a fake, i can use the lack of classification as a defense.

the questions that i am asking are with all due respect. since you say i dont understand, and you arent grasping what it is i am trying to say...help me to understand?

This will be my only post on the eBay fake/authentic...everybody who has been going back and forth take what you want from it. I see both sides from RD34 to Mamba and Xav. IMO in these instances obviously we all know that WE (jersey heads in this thread) have many classifications. I agree with them and the definitions given. However we also know that a large number of sellers AND buyers are less informed than us and GENERALLY speaking the terms used can be much more broad and vague...more of a general population categorization if you will. So Dawg, to me, was coming at it from a very simple, black/white area in order to help the original guy not get screwed. Everyone offered helpful info at the end of the day, and like I said I agree with everything said from everyone. It just gets tricky sometimes with eBay/Paypal when trying to prove cases with TOO much specific lingo. KISS....keep it simple stupid.

How does he get away with that?? I've bought stuff from him before....
Ebay doesn't care unfortunately. Speak your mind with your dollar and don't bid on his auctions. They will always end at $300+, $400, $500+ from one of his shill bidding accounts anyway.

Thanks guys.

Hoping the sizing will be right, hoping to make it my first Champion Jersey
Ok... if it's your size, cool.

The tag can be easily fixed or left alone.

However.... sz 56 t-macs can be found for $100 (you just have to wait for the right seller)

Nevertheless, awesome jersey, especially for your first Champion.

Thanks guys.

Hoping the sizing will be right, hoping to make it my first Champion Jersey

Ok... if it's your size, cool.
The tag can be easily fixed or left alone.
However.... sz 56 t-macs can be found for $100 (you just have to wait for the right seller)
Nevertheless, awesome jersey, especially for your first Champion.

I'm normally a 2xl in T-shirts and stuff but I read in her that Champions tend to run small

Back
Top Bottom