...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Question: Im with tmobile now and I have a 8900. My trackball doesnt work any more. Will they replace the phone or will I have to pay for another phone?

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I don't know what version you're running homey...check settings>about to find out.

The latest "official" OS is 5.0.0.442

Mines is 5.0.0.33
and it says there is no available updates...
frown.gif
Won't be an OTA update, you'll need to install it yourself.

From Crackberry.com:

* Download Software https://www.blackberry.co...B1B352E9D1AAA2225DD6BB16

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common filesesearch in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

Ok, so I'm on the  now and I can only reply via quick reply. Does anyone know if you can enter html to change the text color using quick reply? Also, I'm running Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 (straight piff) but I can't copy+paste using it and if I need to copy or select text I have to switch to the default browser. Anyone else have the same problem?

Never mind about the copy/paste issue. In OM5, hold down the trackball/pad and a "select text" box will pop up and you can select what you need to. Hold the ball/pad again and the paste button pops up again. Still curious about text color via quick reply though...

And as far as apps go, Call Blocker Professional is like a god-send to finally weed crazy people/bill collectors/telemarketers out. QuickPull is another go-to as well.

playmaker86 wrote:

Question: Im with tmobile now and I have a 8900. My trackball doesnt work any more. Will they replace
the phone or will I have to pay for another phone?

^ I got mine replaced with no problem when this happened to me.

hurry up if you trying to get a new phone because they are about to start replacing trackballs.

Originally Posted by K8S

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by K8S

I'm about to get a Bold 9700. Anything to let me know?
smile.gif

Btw, how's the gps function on that thing? Do I need to pay to have a GPS program? Also, which one is the best? I'm located in Singapore if that matters.

Peace!
I use Google Maps for my GPS and it's good and free as well.  I liked it better than the default gps, but I haven't tried anything else.
Thanks for the reply. Oh. Does it allow you to enter where you want to go and provide you with directions on how to get there?
Peace!

I use the OG navigation on my Bold 9700. I think it is better than Google Maps. It gives voice directions. Basically the same as my old Garmin GPS. Im pretty sure I pay 9.99 a month for it.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

to switch from iphone to bb....hmmmmmm
definitely make the switch!!! Ive had both and the BlackBerry Bold 9700 I have now is 100 times better than the iPhone

Originally Posted by rwpolvent6

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

to switch from iphone to bb....hmmmmmm
definitely make the switch!!! Ive had both and the BlackBerry Bold 9700 I have now is 100 times better than the iPhone

im leaning to BB. if i switched id go with the tour 2 and vzw though...i know the 9700 is supposed to better

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Just got the BB 9700 for T-Mobile...for those who have this phone, have you had any issues with dropped calls?

Idk what service ur on, but I was havin some
issues wit that until I put my 9700 on 2G only.
Its been stable ever since.
Isn't 2G slooooooow? I really copped the joint because of 3G and how T Mobile has one of the fastest 3G networks out
ohwell.gif
Wut? I find that hard to believe

Its true.

Our network is working in some places on HSDPA. And there aren't as many 3G subscribers hogging bandwith as the other carriers. So the network is faster.

When I tether my BB to my laptop on 3G I clock up to 75 kbps sometimes when I'm downloading things.

My-T.

Thats cool but try getting a signal in the first place...

Verizon > *
I always have a signal going up and down the east coast, and in LA I had a signal.

My-T.

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

sooo... Trackball or TrackPad? need to know if i should get the Tour 2 or stick with the first one...
The 9700 was my first BB, but from using my mom's and friend's, I can say the trackpad is far better than the trackball.  I'm sure more experienced BB users would agree as well.

quick question about Opera Mini 5 beta 2

no doubt its the best browser to peruse NT on but my only problem lies when i wanna add a reply via mobile...no text box pops up..the emoticons all pop up but there's no spot for me to type so i end up having to use the quick reply at the bottom & i hate that

anyone know what settings i should be using on my phone or on my NT account so i can get a text box?

thanks

^I have that theme, its good but it lags a little compared to the OG precision zen...then again i do have a rack of apps on my phone so i dunno.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

^I have that theme, its good but it lags a little compared to the OG precision zen...then again i do have a rack of apps on my phone so i dunno.

I didn't notice a lag on my side but, I did critique the phone to where I want it. Downloading logmaid and disabling the event log helped quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom