Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by primetime21

I got this from realgm -Rockets offer Bulls Lee, Hill and Future 1st for Asik, Korver , 28 and 30 (Bulls thinking is Lee, Chase, Hill, Future 1st for Asik, Korver, Lucas and 30)

-Bulls offer Nets Watson, 28 and 30 for Morrow and 27

-Bulls and Pistons talk Boozer: No details as of yet

-Bulls and Wizards talk Boozer: No details as of yet
-neither of the rocket trades work on ESPN trade Machine. but the rockets do have some trade expections so maybe they work that way. im not a fan of hill but if you trade asik you need to get a bigman back. im not sure how good asik will ever be but if teams are going to overvaule him right now then i say trade him and try to get something good back.

-waston for morrow works and i would do that trade ASAP.

-you already know if the pistons or wizards trade for boozer we are going to take back some of there bad contracts back also. like getting blatchie back from washington or the likes of RIP,ben gordon or charlie V back from Detroit.

-im not trading deng for iggy. this time last year i would have done that trade but right now hell no.

- im not high on JR. Smith like the rest of you. as quick as he will shoot u into a game he will shoot you out of it. and may get you 30 one night and also give up 30. samething with Jamal crawford. i mean most of yall compained when we had ben gordon chucking and take shots away from Drose. how would jamal or JR be any different?

-i say we go after Stephen jackson 

- in the draft i want brooks but looks like he will be gone when we pick. proably take a forgin player if no SG drop and sale the 30th pick.     

iuno cause every since melo left jr has improved dramatically off/def. he is less erratic, more discipline player. i still think hamilton or prince would be great.

Why Trade for Morrow now? We could have had him last off-season for 3 years and 12 Million we should have been made that move

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Here's my dream based on rumors I've heard.

1. Boozer, Deng and Draft Picks for Dwight Howard and Bum.

2. Call Philly, Iggy for Noah.

3. Win Championship.
so

pooh
iggy
said bum / FA
gibson
d-12

??
I still see a floor spreading problem with this lineup, unless we get someone awesome at the 3. 
Depends on who the bum is. What if the bum is Turk or Arenas? If you move deng and boozer for d12 there is a lot of money to be made up. Either way I envisioned us being able to slide Iggy to the three in that scenario.

Are you fellas satisfied with CJ as the backup point? Or do we need someone else to groom, such as Nolan Smith from the draft?

CJ can score, but sometimes he struggles with handling the ball.

^ Nolan is NOT a PG... He struggled with that horribly in his only season in that position.

He's not a distributor in the least. So if we're going for a PG we better hope that Darius Morris is available.

Originally Posted by CAto312

^Cake, what are your thoughts on Shelvin Mack? He seems like a short, combo guard to me

He is exactly who you say he is
laugh.gif

I thought he was an undersized 2 in college, but it can work there see Nolan Smith.  But like I said it can work THERE... I don't want that in the NBA.  Don't get me wrong he was able to score, he can shoot it, can put it on the floor but when they put a longer defender on him he wasn't effective and that says something to me about the way his game will translate on the next level.

Shelvin Mack = D Wade with no quickness.

Really hoping against hope the Bulls turn this into something, but I doubt it.

I'm predicting a g/f type and a european big man we won't see for two years. GAR/PAX OUT!

Originally Posted by Remi23

I Swear Wesley Matthews would be the perfect fit.
I think it was Simmons who said that the Bulls should've been the first team to make an offer to Matthews last summer. 

Originally Posted by Remi23

I Swear Wesley Matthews would be the perfect fit.
I think it was Simmons who said that the Bulls should've been the first team to make an offer to Matthews last summer. 
I swear they should have. What was the FO thinking? Morrow Or Matthews would have been ideal Stupid +!* FO

By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter

8:33 p.m. CDT, June 20, 2011
Shoot.

Bulls fans uttered that phrase — or something similar — often during the Eastern Conference finals loss to the Heat, mostly because the team didn't have enough players that effectively did so.

And while it's unfair to expect a late first-round addition to solve all of the team's perimeter shooting needs, general manager Gar Forman has pointed to this area as the team's main offseason priority. Thus, unless the Bulls revive trade-deadline talks with the Grizzlies about O.J. Mayo or pursue Vince Carter whenever the Suns buy him out and the collective bargaining agreement talk dust settles, look for the Bulls to draft a shooter.

The proverbial best player available will fall into the Bulls' lone second-round pick at No. 43, with Duke small forward Kyle Singler, Duke combo guard Nolan Smith, Marquette swingman Jimmy Butler, Iowa State point guard Diante Garrett and international player Bojan Bogdanovic all possibilities there.

As for picks Nos. 28 and 30 in the first round, here, in alphabetical order, are some legitimate candidates. All have either worked out for or been scouted extensively by the Bulls.

Davis Bertans, 6-10 forward, Latvia

This stretch-the-floor big man is most frequently compared to Austin Daye. At just 211 pounds, he needs to add weight and strength. But his range and high release overcome his below-average quickness. He also could be stashed in Europe until his current contract expires, not putting a guaranteed rookie contract on the Bulls' books until after a new collective bargaining agreement is established.

Justin Harper, 6-10 forward, Richmond

Like Bertans, this stretch-the-floor forward is considered a project who is drawing comparisons to Channing Frye. His 44.8 percent shooting from 3-point range can't be ignored, and scouts agree his range stretches to the NBA 3-point distance. He would need to add weight, but he's also considered a strong shot blocker who could contribute defensively.

Charles Jenkins, 6-3 guard, Hofstra

This combo guard played four years in college, which is typically attractive to Bulls management. He isn't a great athlete but can handle the ball and is a great shooter. In his senior season, he shot 42 percent from the shorter 3-point distance in college. A scout said he's a smart, tough player who doesn't shy away from contact at 216 pounds.

Travis Leslie, 6-4 guard, Georgia

Some mock drafts have this athlete dropping to the second round. His 49 percent shooting came from a strong driving and midrange game, not the perimeter. So while he wouldn't solve the Bulls' lack of 3-point threats, he would offer positional size and length (6-foot-10 wingspan) and jumping ability. He also has a bit of competitive cockiness.

Shelvin Mack, 6-3 guard, Butler

This is another long-term college player who helped lead the Bulldogs to back-to-back NCAA runner-up finishes in his three seasons. Though he isn't a knock-down shooter, he's a streaky shooter who delivered big plays. He's strong, can defend and posted a 39-inch vertical at the Chicago predraft camp. He's a combo guard who is expected to bring intelligence and intangibles.

kcjohnson@tribune.com

Twitter @kcjhoop

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2011, Chicago Tribune
ct-spt-0621-bulls-chicago--20110620

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I dont care if we win 70 games or 40 games next season, if we dont win a title its meaningless.
Boozer, and randon shooting guard is not going to get it done.

Nah. I 'd rather lose in the ECF than miss the playoffs every year.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Bulls GM plans to keep picks[/h2]

By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- The Chicago Bulls have two first-round selections (Nos. 28 and 30) in Thursday night's NBA draft and general manager Gar Forman expects the team to make both picks and keep the players on the roster. Forman believes there will still be talent for the Bulls to find late in the first round.

"Obviously, like always, we've spent a lot of time studying this draft and studying the players," Forman said on Tuesday morning. "Any draft, we've spent years studying guys. And not only on the floor, but getting a lot of background information which is very important to how we make selections. Our feeling is, really at the back end of the draft, that there's going to be some good players there for us. You never know how a draft will fall. When we broke it down, I think there were 20 players or something in there that we feel will definitely be gone, and then of that next group of players that we're looking at, we think we'll get two guys that will be serviceable players, that will fit with us."

Despite the prevailing feeling amongst fans and media that the Bulls need to upgrade at the 2-guard position, Forman said the Bulls will most likely pick the proverbial "best player available" when it comes time to make a selection.

[h4]More On The Bulls[/h4]

"I've always been a huge believer that you draft the best player available," Forman said. "Every team in the league has certain needs and when you look at needs in my mind, there's three ways to fill them -- it's not just the draft. You've got free agency, you've got trades and you've got the draft. And I think when you're higher up in the draft, which we've been at times in the past, that if you have guys that are tiered closely together that you may go for need. I think when you're drafting as late as we're drafting that we're not necessarily going to go for need. We'll go for two guys that we think fit the culture that we've created and that can be part of our rotation, if not immediately, and we would hope immediately, but if not immediately, then somewhere down the road and trying to build some depth."

Many names have been thrown around for the Bulls. In his latest mock draft, ESPN.com's Chad Ford has the Bulls taking Richmond power forward Justin Harper at No. 28 and UCLA swingman Tyler Honeycutt at No. 30.

Forman essentially admitted that it is unlikely the Bulls would make a big move on draft night, but he didn't rule out the possibility, noting that he continues to work the phones, looking for upgrades to the roster.

"You never know what's out there," he said. "Where we're at today ... I think we're headed in the right direction. I think we've made a lot of progress and taken some real steps as far as getting where we want to go. And we're certainly not in a situation where we're looking to rebuild or make drastic changes, unless we thought it was an opportunity that definitely makes us better. We like the nucleus of this team and again, it's a young team that we feel still can grow together moving forward. You never say never to anything, but we do feel that this team's really got a chance to continue to improve and it's our job to improve this team, keep the nucleus together for the most part, and then make some improvements to try and address some needs."

The Bulls are hoping some of those needs are filled on Thursday night.

The Bulls also have a second-round pick, 43rd overall. Ford projects the Bulls do grab a No. 2 guard in Purdue's E'Twaun Moore.

Forman said the Bulls have interviewed and worked out approximately 40-50 players over the past few weeks.

"Some people may say, 'Well, why do you bring so many guys in for two spots late in the first round?' But to us it gives us a chance to start to get a baseline as to who guys are that may come up in the future, whether it's via trade or free agency, three, four or five years down the line," Forman said. "This process that starts when kids are very young really never ends until they're out of the league. The more information we can get on guys the better."

Despite the optimism, Forman understands that picking so low in the first round, as well as having the pick in the second round, is always a crapshoot.

"It's hard," he said. "You go back and study the draft over the years, with those late picks at 28 and 30, more times than not it's not going to be an impact guy. ... We hope we can get a guy that can make an impact, but even if he doesn't we want to get somebody that fits us, that we can get in our building, working with our coaches on a daily basis. And that we think in two or three years, if nothing else, would have a chance to be rotation guys for us."

No matter whom the Bulls decide to select on Thursday, it's clear that Forman feels confident with the direction of his team.

"It was really positive how our team came together," he said. "With that said, we're not adverse to making changes if we feel that it makes our team better. That's something that we're looking into all the time. ... We're not just trying to accumulate talent, we're trying to build a team. And we're trying to make sure that the pieces fit together. Do we have needs? We still do have needs. Most teams do. And that's our job to try to address those. But at the same time, I don't see drastic changes on the horizon. We've got a team that we think can be competitive for years to come."

since sjax was considered a target

The Sacramento Kings will add John Salmons to their roster and move back to the 10th pick in the NBA Draft in part of a three-team trade that involves the Kings, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Charlotte Bobcats, originally reported by Yahoo! sports.

Milwaukee will acquire Stephen Jackson, Beno Udrih, Shaun Livingston.

Charlotte will acquire the Kings' 7th pick in this year's draft and Corey Maggette.

Read more: Report: Kings part of three-way draft-day trade
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

So Mirotic (sp) and Jimmy Butler...cool. As long as they didn't pick Singler I'm a-ok.

I wonder what the next step is....and if our Euro will play next season or will be stashed.

So Mirotic (sp) and Jimmy Butler...cool. As long as they didn't pick Singler I'm a-ok.

I wonder what the next step is....and if our Euro will play next season or will be stashed.
i think it's probably best if he stays over there for a while.  He wont get any time with our current front court.  Hopefully when he comes over he will be ready to produce.

I like the Jimmy Butler pick tho
pimp.gif

sounding like 4 years until Nikola comes to the L. They can wait. Just like Asik but with much mire game
Jimmy is going to be a tough kid for this team.

Like the draft for our Bulls

The coverage of this draft by ESPN has been a complete joke. Would of liked to of seen Brooks instead of Mirotic but Butler should be ok.

I like the Butler pick. Mirotic on the other hand is absolutely stupid considering Marshon Brooks was on the board. I don't like it all. We're not gonna be able to buy him out of his contract so he can't contribute immediately. I'm assuming he is Boozer's replacement. But Brooks is the BPA and fills a need. I don't get it.

Guess that means we're going for a FA SG.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I like the Butler pick. Mirotic on the other hand is absolutely stupid considering Marshon Brooks was on the board. I don't like it all. We're not gonna be able to buy him out of his contract so he can't contribute immediately. I'm assuming he is Boozer's replacement. But Brooks is the BPA and fills a need. I don't get it.

im with you on this, i would have like to see us get a SG but i gotta trust our front office.  I just dont have a lot of faith in the european system where we have to leave him over there for a while.  We hit a lick with Asik but you im surprised we didnt take a chance with Brooks

Originally Posted by illmatic34

91815142748856aa90834c29dcd86b3b9b4cbf5_r.gif

Back
Top Bottom