Official Coachella 2014 Thread & FAQs : OUTKAST, Arcade Fire, Muse April 11-13, April 18-20

Saw Disclosure in NYC. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

The details they add for their tracks live is dope, great visuals and the women they bring out are A1.

arcade fire is amazing
eek.gif

best performance of the weekend
Still sad I couldn't go...  
ohwell.gif

Just watched their full performance on youtube tho 
smokin.gif

Hoping to catch them on tour some time this summer.

Watched the Drake appearance. Was surprised at how well he sounded, nice flow.

No thread derail, but he's probably the most underrated live artist in Hip-Hop today. Would say music, but I haven't been to enough shows to justify that phrase.

From the singing, to the raps, to the live elements he puts in the music when he performs, dude legit sounds as good (sometimes better) live than he does on the record. Would buy a live album from dude easily.

After listening to "Quack" a few times, I'm gonna try my best to get up front for the Ducksauce set. Too ill.

No thread derail, but he's probably the most underrated live artist in Hip-Hop today. Would say music, but I haven't been to enough shows to justify that phrase.

From the singing, to the raps, to the live elements he puts in the music when he performs, dude legit sounds as good (sometimes better) live than he does on the record. Would buy a live album from dude easily.

Na I've been to more rap shows than I can count and I would only put Drake behind Ye when it comes to top performers.

It's even more impressive because Drake was really bad around So Far Gone/Thank Me Later era but now he's close to mastery level. He's got great crowd control, never forgets lyrics, and just has the confidence and energy you would expect of a guy in his position right now.

Which is why I wanna see him headline Coachella, but ill try to make it out to the UK to see him at Wireless which might be even better.

Hell of a weekend. Missed some acts I wanted to see but had no less fun due to it. My body is dead though :lol: Definitely want to go back next year.

Got back late last night...at work today. Super tired right now. Best set of the weekend for me was Chromeo. So Sick!

After listening to "Quack" a few times, I'm gonna try my best to get up front for the Ducksauce set. Too ill.

I was pretty close to the front for their set. Production was crazy! That bald chick that was dancing :smokin

Last edited:
Hell of a weekend. Missed some acts I wanted to see but had no less fun due to it. My body is dead though :lol: Definitely want to go back next year.

What tips would you have for someone going- how do you charge your phone and I also heard about the wind and sand?

What tips would you have for someone going- how do you charge your phone and I also heard about the wind and sand?

We used car chargers at our camp site. For the dust storm have a bandanna for your nose/mouth and snow goggles so it doesn't get in your eyes. Make sure you stake down your ez covers/tents properly too. An ez cover flew off and it destroyed my friends windshield during the storm so he had to wait until 1 in the afternoon for a guy to come fix it on Monday. Lots of people lost stuff from the wind/got things damaged.

Last edited:
Just scooped up our villa :pimp: :pimp:

Anyone know what hotels will have the pool parties? As well as any other parties going on outside of the venue and/or at hotels?

I copped a couple of these "Phone Charging Battery Sticks" thinking we would be camping, although they still might be useful considering it's not like we will be in the room too often. I got mine off of Amazon a couple weeks ago but they should have them at a store like Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. Theyre about $10-15 and should charge your phone fully twice, or for a little more money you can get one that has more energy capacity that can charge a battery a lot more times than the small "Battery Sticks". Definitely worth it if youre camping because there is nothing worse than having a dead phone when you can get separated from your group fairly easy, not to mention those charging stations are ridiculously packed at just about any time of day/night. Also, having specific meet up points incase anyone gets separated/lost is a good idea as well

Edit-- and MajinZuub MajinZuub nailed it in regards to the wind/sand storms, although sunglasses (or those hipster see through lenses if it's at night and you dont want to be wearing dark shades or snow goggles)

Last edited:
Honestly my least fun coachella. Way too overcrowded this year. I feel they're just gonna push the limit till it gets way out of control.

Plus I was just tired most of the time. Day too got too ****** up and ended up coming to around 7am on the hood of a car. It sounds fun but kinda scary.

Other than the fatigue, I missed hella acts. I'm over it. Too much drama with the group too.

Honestly my least fun coachella. Way too overcrowded this year. I feel they're just gonna push the limit till it gets way out of control.

Plus I was just tired most of the time. Day too got too ****** up and ended up coming to around 7am on the hood of a car. It sounds fun but kinda scary.

Other than the fatigue, I missed hella acts. I'm over it. Too much drama with the group too.

This. I've been going since 2010. 2011 wasn't too packed. 2012 I went weekend 2 and it wasn't too packed. 2013 and this year was pretty unbearable. We left sleigh bells early to catch empire of the sun and it was so packed we couldn't even get in the structure. Had a terrible view and just left. Really debating on buying Presale next month.

This. I've been going since 2010. 2011 wasn't too packed. 2012 I went weekend 2 and it wasn't too packed. 2013 and this year was pretty unbearable. We left sleigh bells early to catch empire of the sun and it was so packed we couldn't even get in the structure. Had a terrible view and just left. Really debating on buying Presale next month.

Would you say there's a difference in how large the crowd was between weekend 1 and 2? I was there last sunday and it was rediculously packed. I'm hoping for a smaller crowd this coming weekend. Weekend 2 last year was pretty bearable, except for that Sahara tent, which was always full.

I can't wait to see Flume and Chromeo. 3 more shifts at work and I'm back in the desert!

Yeah people tend to say weekend 2 is less packed. Maybe that's what I should do. But it's gonna be hotter and I still think the hassle isn't worth it anymore. Treasure island is te best festival now that I think about it. Took it for granted how streamlined it is.

Thank god week two is gonna be in the low 90's. My friend has gone for week two for 4 years straight, and says it's always better than week 1. Weather and crowd wise.

Thank god week two is gonna be in the low 90's. My friend has gone for week two for 4 years straight, and says it's always better than week 1. Weather and crowd wise.

?

Coachella only started doing the second weekend in 2012.

Last edited:
My bad, we were pretty buzzed last night during the convo

I told myself I wasn't gonna drink until Friday :smh:

Last edited:
weekend 1 changed my life.

disappointed in myself for going to another universe most of the time and not remembering the weekend tho.

don't be that dude!

Are they streaming weekend 2 as well? I need to relive some of these sets and catch ones I missed. 

Back
Top Bottom