Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

Play the different skill games
I did a bunch of those last night for like an hour... Was getting better but when I got in a game even vs bums where I could split their defense down inside the box and get a shot off I either air mailed it to the stands or missed the net completely left/right.

Honestly the best way to get better is to do a career mode and just play the computer and move up the difficulty ranks. Once you can win very consistently on professional difficulty (I'd say here and there on world class but most people don't have that patience) then you're ready to go online.

I bought fifa 06 summer 07, played the **** out of career, and when fifa 07 dropped a few months later I got good enough that I was ranked around 200th in the world at my peak.

Last edited:
When playing FIFA, you don't always have to keep moving forward especially when your already in a scoring position, if you hold forward while a pass is coming, most likely the defender is coming to snatch the ball as soon as you get it.  LT to defend the ball, see what side defender is coming at you from and turn away from them, or a quick 1-2 pass are the best ways to get some space for shots without using skill moves.

The best way i learned how to keep the ball is by playing against CPU on legendary.  Try stealing the ball from them, and then try to do what they do.  The CPU's possession game is no joke

Last edited:
Make sure shooting, passing and everything is set to assisted until you get better. You'll just need some practice to be consistent with shooting. Change auto switching to manual. Learn a few skill moves in the arena(roulette, scoop turn, berba spin). Use LB+A when passing between forwards and look for the passer to make runs. A lot of people online will spam LB+Y and crosses so try to keep your defenders in place. When defending near the box, use LT, let go of sprint, and just stay in front the of opponent.

Is everyone online like a clone of one another in the bad divisions? I swear it's just stupid over-aggressive double teams and trying to run up the wings to cross, or the lob pass guy.

And this isn't a sore loser rant, I haven't lost a match yet (just the one where my bro was in as a guest.) There's no way that **** can actually be fun for someone to even play and it's a disgrace to an awesome sport and the class teams they do it with :lol:

Also, the scripting is reeeeal. 45th min my keeper makes a routine catch and then stumbles and falls outside of the box conceding a free kick the dude scores on. In my career mode there were also sooo many wacky 45th min goals.

Last edited:
defenders are just ******ed when it comes to the half/full time and especially right after kick offs.

Since starting my International season as Germany, its funny when people pick argentina, brazil or spain and play the cross game, no way any of those forwards should be able to score a header.

Idk I think I'm done with this game for a while. At this point I'm just looking forward to doing pro clubs for the first time on fifa 15 which is when I'll cop a ps4.

Til then I'm gunna finish my backlog of story mode games on the 360/ps3 gen.

Last edited:
Idk I think I'm done with this game for a while. At this point I'm just looking forward to doing pro clubs for the first time on fifa 15 which is when I'll cop a ps4.

This is literally exactly what I'm doing too. I'm done wasting time with this broken *** game. I originally had planned getting a ps4 with fifa 15 when it comes out but if they don't fix things then I'm done, which sucks since I've purchased annually since 09. But oh well, I have tons of other games I never got around to

This is literally exactly what I'm doing too. I'm done wasting time with this broken *** game. I originally had planned getting a ps4 with fifa 15 when it comes out but if they don't fix things then I'm done, which sucks since I've purchased annually since 09. But oh well, I have tons of other games I never got around to
go with NHL next year that is normally my main game but since they didn't do a PS4 game this year I mained FIFA. 

the brokenness combined with the lack of players that don't cheat/cheese and are fun to play against ruins it. there's a dilution due to all the new players which I'm happy about, i think its dope more people want to play the game. But at the expense of doing whatever it takes to win they're learn to play like ****.

which is another reason why it's better to play and learn against the CPU. nobody likes losing all the time and getting stuck in a division so i don't blame them for resorting to cheesing since thats what the other players are doing. if you're picking up your style of playing from other bums you're losing to then you're not going to learn to play in an enjoyable and authentic creative way.

^^^ I'll add you when I get off work today, Flyeed. We can run a couple games before you hit the switch on FIFA 14

the brokenness combined with the lack of players that don't cheat/cheese and are fun to play against ruins it. there's a dilution due to all the new players which I'm happy about, i think its dope more people want to play the game. But at the expense of doing whatever it takes to win they're learn to play like ****.

which is another reason why it's better to play and learn against the CPU. nobody likes losing all the time and getting stuck in a division so i don't blame them for resorting to cheesing since thats what the other players are doing. if you're picking up your style of playing from other bums you're losing to then you're not going to learn to play in an enjoyable and authentic creative way.
Like the game we played, you absolutely kicked my *** :lol: but you did it fair and square so I wasn't eem mad

I'm getting really tired of FUT as well. I swear people only beat me because they either have speed and just kick lob through balls or because they have a better team. They don't beat me because they're better very often. They just beat me because I play with an American team. So annoying.

I'm getting really tired of FUT as well. I swear people only beat me because they either have speed and just kick lob through balls or because they have a better team. They don't beat me because they're better very often. They just beat me because I play with an American team. So annoying.
can you set it so you're matched with people with similar team star levels?

So I played UT for the first time.

Got this scrub Italy/Ligue 1 team.

First match = Spanish/La Liga, in forms, TOTS, expensive rares I'm like c'mon bruh.

Dude sucked tho. Lost 0-1 and he scored pretty late.

I'm so trash at this game. 
roll.gif
 Decided to play one online last night... Used Chelsea and got smoked 0-5.

Dude just made lob passes over my defense to a streaking Ibrahimovic all game.

can you set it so you're matched with people with similar team star levels?

Not in ultimate team. It is really annoying. So I am in D4 now (used to bounce between 1 and 2) and because I have an American team, I will play some guy that has like D6 skill level but has like 4 TOTS blue cards and he will beat me. It is super frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom