Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

Damn, I guess I'm the only one impressed, lol.. As trash as I was before I've played against quite a few players using RM and have won using a lower ranked team. In my opinion, it's more skill than the team. Eardrumoligist has beaten me about 94% of our games and he'll pick teams I've never seen anyone else play with.

Breh im in D3 or d4 currently and have reached D2. I know about skill. And i know about cheese. Itsnot fun playing those ppl. Yes i could sit 8 guys back n the final 25 and trap the wings but again its jus not fun. If you dont have ANY diversity to ur game u deserve to lose period. Taking adavantage of cpu defenders is hella lame. I could have all 6'4 80+ header guys and still have bale or cr7 sneak to the back post

I see what you mean. I guess it's difficult for me to understand the cheesing since I don't fully understand the game. I had no idea if I kept using the lob through that was bad until I read it here.

Can you list a few examples of what you mean by diversity?

Ur young n the game bro youll learn.i been playin since 08-09. Dude with the winning streak said hes been playin since05. Diversity meaning mix it up. Sometimes ill aggressively run and skill move at defenders. Sometimes ill triangle through mid. Sometimes ill switch the pkay with my middies(lob to the opposite side of field)sometimes ill play give n go. Sometimes i cross. Some times i early cross.

You really do need years of experience to be able to grasp the right amount of power needed for every shot pass n this game. You also hafta see the fiel and see thi gs before they happen but be careful sometimes the cpu will penalize you for aggresive overplay even if ur in the right spot and know whats coming

Knowing what to do and when is the tricky part.

Last edited:
I see what you mean. I guess it's difficult for me to understand the cheesing since I don't fully understand the game. I had no idea if I kept using the lob through that was bad until I read it here.

what he means is people who can't build up play at all and just lob it down field all game or pass it to the wing, sprint all the way down, cross, repeat.
I played this person online who literally every single time he got the ball, I mean literally every time, he would kick it out to the wing, then just sprint down field and cross it in to the box. EVERY SINGLE TIME

i lot of the reason i was getting beat with those bale, c.ronaldo, reus, ribery, etc. sprints down he wings is because while they're at full sprint, my defenders aren't.  Gotta switch to the defender and hold sprint for them.  Also been spamming O to clear the ball with through balls, lobbed or ground (terrible idea), because if my defenders whiff the ball, its basically a 1on1 with my keeper.  A lot of the time I bring the keeper out then bring him back to bait a lobbed shot.

Also i don't play many Real Madrid, im assuming due to picking Liverpool, a 4.5 star team, which widens the teams i do play.  I play a LOT of BVB, PSG, Milan.  I like the variety.  My boy uses City, and i watched him play literally 5 Real in a row.

Last edited:
i lot of the reason i was getting beat with those bale, c.ronaldo, reus, ribery, etc. sprints down he wings is because while they're at full sprint, my defenders aren't.  Gotta switch to the defender and hold sprint for them.  Also been spamming O to clear the ball with through balls, lobbed or ground (terrible idea), because if my defenders whiff the ball, its basically a 1on1 with my keeper.  A lot of the time I bring the keeper out then bring him back to bait a lobbed shot.

Also i don't play many Real Madrid, im assuming due to picking Liverpool, a 4.5 star team, which widens the teams i do play.  I play a LOT of BVB, PSG, Milan.  I like the variety.  My boy uses City, and i watched him play literally 5 Real in a row.
I wish there was a way where I could use say 4 star team and vs someone who is using a 5 star team.

Last edited:
you're a great player with a great team... congrats..
seems like the majority of your posts are about you bragging about how good you are,
like dude said do you want a pat on the back or something?

.. tired of playing against barca/real and in the rain 90% of the time

Meh, if u wanna take it that way then do it. I've given very thorough responses giving tips when people ask a question, and I've been discussing the same aspects of the game everyone else does (problems with the game, problems with opponents, lineups, formations, and progress.) None of my friends play FIFA, and there happens to be a pretty good thread to discuss my favorite game on the message board I'm always on.

Whatever, I guess it works the same way I'd prob get a little rustled if a millionaire was in a thread I was a regular in about discussing finances :lol:

Edit: And so what if I brag a little, if I just played 10 hours worth of video game and haven't lost, or it takes me 3 seasons of playing career mode and making the right transfers to win my first cup then maybe it's human nature to want someone other than yourself to know.

Last edited:
I normally don't have too many problems with Real, just have numbers back and hope you dont get caught with CR7/Bale 1 vs 1 with slow CBs :lol: .

I only cross if a player is wide open or has a clear height advantage(and I still hardly win those headers :lol: ) . Majority of the times I'll just cut in and find that 3 vs 2.

Guys, I've mastered the Italy national team, most underrated team in the game. Their defenders are all crazy strong and have ignorant jumping stats, and the midfielders have great vision and crosses, and the forwards are great finishers. Play one match with them, you guys won't regret it

You have Balotelli as your avy, your opinion seems a little biased.  ALso the new online squad update for Germany takes Mario Gomez out, literally the only striker is Klose, hes a beast, but i need subs

You have Balotelli as your avy, your opinion seems a little biased.  ALso the new online squad update for Germany takes Mario Gomez out, literally the only striker is Klose, hes a beast, but i need subs
Haha I have Balotelli as my avi because he's so ignorant it's funny, and Germany is still a great squad, but Gomez is a clinical finisher from outside the box, and now Germany is lacking a long distance shooter, but Schweinsteiger can take that place if you are playing offensively. Kind of feel bad that Bayern sold Gomez to Fiorentina though he didn't deserve that.

what he means is people who can't build up play at all and just lob it down field all game or pass it to the wing, sprint all the way down, cross, repeat.
I played this person online who literally every single time he got the ball, I mean literally every time, he would kick it out to the wing, then just sprint down field and cross it in to the box. EVERY SINGLE TIME

You just described me some moths ago, lol.. I still kinda hate going thru the middle of The field. Dudes attack me with high pressure and I always give the ball up. M I've been trying some give and go lately.

flyeed, not gonna lie, thats pretty awesome to have that long of a streak.  Even if i tried just using RM, i'm confident i'd get a few Ls.  They're a great team all around, and if you're a great FIFA player, they're a huge problem.

I dont really care so much about my record anymore, i'm pretty much at .500 not including draws. 

Whatever, I guess it works the same way I'd prob get a little rustled if a millionaire was in a thread I was a regular in about discussing finances :lol:

Edit: And so what if I brag a little, if I just played 10 hours worth of video game and haven't lost, or it takes me 3 seasons of playing career mode and making the right transfers to win my first cup then maybe it's human nature to want someone other than yourself to know.

:lol: nobody is jealous of you doggy.. like i said, congrats.
funny how dudes take criticism as a form of jealousy, like do you expect constant unanimous praise from everyone or something?

if bragging about your fifa accomplishments to a bunch of strangers on NT makes you feel better then by all means do you my g..
good luck on that winning streak :lol:

This looks like a fun game mode. Maybe some of you that have never played ultimate team can get into it since there's no market.

i spent 100k on packs yesterday and i didn't even get one player that was worth over 1k :x

i now saw that yaya toure goes for less than 80k on ps4, definitely would have bought him if i knew he was that cheap now. i'm still just trying to get regular cards and all these people online have in forms TOTS, TOTY, etc.

Last edited:
i spent 100k on packs yesterday and i didn't even get one player that was worth over 1k :x

i now saw that yaya toure goes for less than 80k on ps4, definitely would have bought him if i knew he was that cheap now. i'm still just trying to get regular cards and all these people online have in forms TOTS, TOTY, etc.

on PS3
88 Suarez IF RW Sturridge and Yaya are all 60K
Reus is 30K The hybrid that can be made :nthat:

Yeah all of these players are becoming super cheap because everybody is coming up with TOTS, IF's and TOTY's. Are they not going to do MLS TOTS?

I am super excited about this update coming Wednesday for the World Cup. Seems like it's going to a lot of fun, and I need something new with FUT right now.

Best team to start a career with... Go (no PSV)

Havent done a career since 2012.

Thinkin Lyon atm... Dat budget :x

Back
Top Bottom