Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

netflix has 4k?

how good is a 4k tv show compared to HD?

:nerd:

4K Nature videos are :smokin

But how often am I just gonna chill and watch nature clips?

I'm getting my TV on Halloween, so I'll let ya know then how netflix 4k looks.

netflix has 4k?

how good is a 4k tv show compared to HD?

:nerd:

4K Nature videos are :smokin

But how often am I just gonna chill and watch nature clips?

I'm getting my TV on Halloween, so I'll let ya know then how netflix 4k looks.

Yea, i only saw a 4k in action at best buy and it was just like nature and city scene. id like to see differences between HD tv show and 4k tv show. Id consider buying one if it was very noticable. would be awesome for NBA games but i assume thats not happening for quite awhile

I don't see how 4k would improve your tv show watching experience.

I tried to get my friend to check out the wire months ago.

"Since it's not in HD, I won't watch it."
indifferent.gif

Now the wire is being remastered.

Dude texted me, "I'm so glad the wire is in HD now. I can't wait to check it out."

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Ended up getting the XBR55X850B yesterday. I like it. Picture quality so far seems to be really good, PS4 looks great on it too. Watched Days of Futures Past today on it, and it held up well.

We just recently started getting Vizio TVs at our major retailers in Canada, I always tend to go the Samsung route, but I'm wondering what you guys think. I like the design of their M-Series, and the prices.

We just recently started getting Vizio TVs at our major retailers in Canada, I always tend to go the Samsung route, but I'm wondering what you guys think. I like the design of their M-Series, and the prices.
im eyeing a samsung and vizio M series now. Vizio reviews in their models just have so many complaints .. theres def more good than bad but for samsung just seems like their godod to bad ratio is a lot better than vizio

What im looking at are:

Samsung 65" - UN65H6350AFXZA
Samsung 60" - UN60H6350AFXZA
Sony 60" - KDLL60W630B
Vizio 60" - M6021-B3 or M602l-B3

A lot of complaints show up more than good reviews because who's going to take the time to say something? Someone who satisfied or someone with a problem? Those numbers aren't accurate. Bestbuy has a great return policy along with other place like them. Don't be afraid to just take them things back over and over till you're satisfied

I've heard mixed reviews. I think I'll stay with og flat. Plus for games I think it might mess things up

A lot of complaints show up more than good reviews because who's going to take the time to say something? Someone who satisfied or someone with a problem? Those numbers aren't accurate. Bestbuy has a great return policy along with other place like them. Don't be afraid to just take them things back over and over till you're satisfied
Right I know what you mean a lot of happy people dont go back to give reviews. But there are quite a number of good ones for the Samsung. And yeah i know best buy is good about returning things which is where i plan on buying mine from ... BUT i live 2 hours from best buy so 1. they arent delivering i have to go get it unless i wanna pay $1 per mile here and back 2. if something is wrong i'll have to weigh my options on returning/exchanging within their policy. I will for sure purchase protection plans though
Are the Curved TVs good? I was thinking of one
I've heard mixed reviews. I think I'll stay with og flat. Plus for games I think it might mess things up
Curve tv's are amazing on display (because they have the right content to show off the tv) ... but the correct content for them wont be widely available for another couple years at least. you may come across some here in there that will capture the true value you pay for one. But its a tv of the future

same goes for the 4k Ultra TV's

I got the Vizio 50" M-Series from bestbuy during black Friday for $500 plus I had a $70 gift card so 430 before taxes. Best deal I saw around. Upgrading from a TV that only had 720p was huge. Its a great TV with good apps.

Any recommendations on calibrating? I've never done it before

Im going in to Target & Costco tonight to just look at the display models of vizio and samsung. Will either order an M series or the sumsung tonight afterwards n then make the long drive to best buy

I got the Vizio 50" M-Series from bestbuy during black Friday for $500 plus I had a $70 gift card so 430 before taxes. Best deal I saw around. Upgrading from a TV that only had 720p was huge. Its a great TV with good apps.

Any recommendations on calibrating? I've never done it before

auto bright: off
backlight: 82
brightness: 67
contrast: 74
color: 40
tint: -2
sharpness 14
color temp: cool
black detail: off
smart dimming: off
smooth motion effect: low when watching sports, otherwise off
reduce signal noise: off
reduce block noise: off
film mode: auto

give that a try. i bought the same tv last year during black friday, never regretted the purchase :smokin

how do you get mp4 to play on the tv? i stick the usb in there and it doesnt detect the media.

i have the vizio e420

auto bright: off
backlight: 82
brightness: 67
contrast: 74
color: 40
tint: -2
sharpness 14
color temp: cool
black detail: off
smart dimming: off
smooth motion effect: low when watching sports, otherwise off
reduce signal noise: off
reduce block noise: off
film mode: auto

give that a try. i bought the same tv last year during black friday, never regretted the purchase :smokin

awesome man thanks! repped! do you know if you can make a custom setting or did you just edit one of the presets?

awesome man thanks! repped! do you know if you can make a custom setting or did you just edit one of the presets?

if you change one of the presets it automatically saves it as a custom, so just fiddle with one of the presets to calibrate it and it'll save as Custom 1, Custom 2, and so on.

Alright so i went in costco and saw all 3 tv's that i have been eyeing. 

I want to go with the Vizio M Series or the Samsung. Only thing is that on display the Vizio screen was noticeably darker than the Samsung. But the same Vizio model on the other side (5" smaller) wasnt that dark. It was nice and vibrant like the Samsung.

Yall think that was just the setting they had the tv on? 

I went in to Target to look at their models as well they didnt have the exact ones i wanted but they also didnt have the TVs model numbers listed, but they Vizio's didnt look anything dark like they did in Costco.

Anyway here's links to the 2. Im thinking Vizio cause its $400 cheaper but the Samsung pic quality in the store just looked amazing

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/4888017.p?id=1219104863162&skuId=4888017

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m...lack/5724002.p?id=1219153733578&skuId=5724002

how do you get mp4 to play on the tv? i stick the usb in there and it doesnt detect the media.

i have the vizio e420

Try putting it in a different USB slot or unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Sometimes my Samsung doesn't recognize my flash drive immediately.

Last edited:
Alright so i went in costco and saw all 3 tv's that i have been eyeing. 

I want to go with the Vizio M Series or the Samsung. Only thing is that on display the Vizio screen was noticeably darker than the Samsung. But the same Vizio model on the other side (5" smaller) wasnt that dark. It was nice and vibrant like the Samsung.

Yall think that was just the setting they had the tv on? 

I went in to Target to look at their models as well they didnt have the exact ones i wanted but they also didnt have the TVs model numbers listed, but they Vizio's didnt look anything dark like they did in Costco.

Anyway here's links to the 2. Im thinking Vizio cause its $400 cheaper but the Samsung pic quality in the store just looked amazing

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/4888017.p?id=1219104863162&skuId=4888017

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m...lack/5724002.p?id=1219153733578&skuId=5724002

yes, there's different picture settings. M series is a STEAL trust me.

i have the vizio e420
If you can't play it directly off your TV, you can try to play the USB stick via your DVD/blu ray player or games console.

Last edited:

i have the vizio e420

Try putting it in a different USB slot or unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Sometimes my Samsung doesn't recognize my flash drive immediately.

i have the vizio e420

If you can't play it directly off your TV, you can try to play the USB stick via your DVD/blu ray player or games console.

i only got one usb on the tv. i can play it through the ps3 with no probs. just cant play directly from stick. do you have to format it some way or download a player to the stick?

Back
Top Bottom