Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

yes, there's different picture settings. M series is a STEAL trust me.

I can attest to this since I recevtly copped the M-Series 50" for my place. Most places like bestbuy and costco dont have the TVs properly set when on display. After running with some custom settings on my M-series I couldn't be any happier and I saved a ton during blackfriday. Not saying samsungs aren't nice because they are top of the line, but the M-series is a great TV

I can attest to this since I recevtly copped the M-Series 50" for my place. Most places like bestbuy and costco dont have the TVs properly set when on display. After running with some custom settings on my M-series I couldn't be any happier and I saved a ton during blackfriday. Not saying samsungs aren't nice because they are top of the line, but the M-series is a great TV
Nice .. I went ahead and got the M series a few hours ago. Get to make the long 2 hour drive to pick it up Saturday. day cant come soon enough :smile:

Wish we would have been on top of it and made a decision while they were on sale for BF and CM but oh well we were going to buy the samsung then and it was the same price as this M series is now so doesnt really make a diff. But that $300 less would have been nice if we knew we were getting this

Been a long time since ive bought an e-gadget myself, last few have been gifts so im excited lol.

Nice .. I went ahead and got the M series a few hours ago. Get to make the long 2 hour drive to pick it up Saturday. day cant come soon enough :smile:

Wish we would have been on top of it and made a decision while they were on sale for BF and CM but oh well we were going to buy the samsung then and it was the same price as this M series is now so doesnt really make a diff. But that $300 less would have been nice if we knew we were getting this

Been a long time since ive bought an e-gadget myself, last few have been gifts so im excited lol.

Nice man. I think you couldn't have gone wrong regardless which set you chose. Here is the link I used to find some calibrated settings for my set. I went with the 2nd set of calibrations lower into the page. I think these should apply to most M-Series Vizios.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_1...2i-b3-picture-settings/?tag=contentMain;posts

Last edited:
Copped a 42 sharp led tv from best buy. Anyone else cop one of these before.

Got my M-Series .. straight out the box it was pretty dim but thats cuz the auto brighntess was on. Turned that off and instantly much better.

Havent really done any adjustments yet but i def want to get the best picture possible just not sure how lol.

Hooked up with the surround sound and its great SO FAR ... went from like a 2007/8 50" to a 2013? 65" :wow: crazy difference

Got my M-Series .. straight out the box it was pretty dim but thats cuz the auto brighntess was on. Turned that off and instantly much better.

Havent really done any adjustments yet but i def want to get the best picture possible just not sure how lol.

Hooked up with the surround sound and its great SO FAR ... went from like a 2007/8 50" to a 2013? 65" :wow: crazy difference

Yea Vizios presets aren't the best. I would say that they're best setting is calibrated dark. But I just turn up the brightness etc up a bit to your preference. But really the goal I think is to get the colors are true to life as possible, mainly the reds and blacks it seems like are usually off for most TVs.

I think there are forums, but I just used other peoples presets with the similar TVs and am pretty happy with the results. Congrats btw! :smokin It does make a huge difference with some of these new more spec'd out sets when you come from an old TV.

thanks

yeah ive been viewing some others settings in forums but havent found anything i liked yet. The one from cnet i havent tried yet but ive been seeing folks say its def not the same when using 60" settings on a 65" 

I need a cheap 32 inch (or slightly smaller) for the kids bedroom. Where's the best place to cop?

My sony just crapped out on me. only had it 4 years. i ordered a new inverter  board for it but if that doesn't work its done.

^ Those deals are usually before the game, but you might be able to find some closeout deals cause some models are made specifically to sell for the Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom