Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

Originally Posted by i3allistic

tigerdirect got the logitech 550 universal remote for $50, pretty nice remote, u can program anything into that sucka...

eek.gif
Bruh
pimp.gif
, Good Lookin Out

36a25a3e75403abd03dcf6faed00509caeb6a7e.JPG

I just couldnt bring myself to spendin 2oo+ on a TV remote but this will do.

i need to hurry up and grow about 2-3 years older so i can get my own pad and get my setup done.
i hate being in college
laugh.gif

ehh maybe tomorrow I'll take more pics and perhaps learn the sproper settings on my digicam, but these will do for now:

a2c152e940a40dcdd72c3ff9f1b09e46b2e8263.jpg

17in Magnavox LCD

9c115fe240a909ca698844eaa9b6f7579862bec.jpg

the old Panny 42 plasma I cant remember but Im pretty sure thats an old Boxing VHS tape I was watching

Date Taken: 2006:12:09 07:52:46 =
eek.gif
Yikes

1f62570e84421a7a0b6c7eb91ff3fbfe1557764.jpg

NCAA' 08 on the LG 42in

How many "official HDTV" threads have we ran through now...

But hey, anything to help inform the uninformed.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

How many "official HDTV" threads have we ran through now...

But hey, anything to help inform the uninformed.

theres been a ton of "which HDTV should i buy???!!?!?" type threads but i think this one will stick around... stuffs always changing with thiscrap, plus... that Vizio 47" thread that nnarum started like almost 4 months ago keeps showing up on the first page every couple days...
anyways...heres mine, 32" Samsung that I got in January '07

a7415ee9529bc6e54c92fba0dc24d29671ae1fb.jpg

70915de25095c9e95bac8fcadd503bb46e8e8cd.jpg

e5d35300edc45fd79742cbeee94aee81f5fa6d0.jpg

Ill probably be getting the Samsung LN46A650

46" 1080p 120 Hz... this thing is pure crack... if its not til fall that i get a new one ill see wahtever is comparable to this TV cause stuff changesso fast and ill want to have my Emp discount in full effect
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

right now i could get this TV for $1500
pimp.gif

31jN7rbI5hL.jpg

42' Magnavox in my living room. Have a 26" in my bedroom, no Pics though.

img1692dx7.jpg

Plasma blows LCD out of the water.
Not really, new lcds are right there with plasma. Expect for Panasonic TH-50Z800U and Pioneer PDP5080HD according to reviews those are betterthan all LCDS. Other than those 2 I havent seen a plasma that blows lcd out the water.

Originally Posted by jacksonvilleNC

Plasma blows LCD out of the water.
Not really, new lcds are right there with plasma. Expect for Panasonic TH-50Z800U and Panasonic PDP5080HD according to reviews those are better than all LCDS. Other than those 2 I havent seen a plasma that blows lcd out the water.

The Plasma technology is actually better. It's similar to the tube TV. Faster response time without an artificial feature like 120hz, better colors,and a better viewing angle. See Pioneer for awesome Plasmas.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

right now I could get this tv for $1500
pimp.gif
WHERE?!?! If I can't get the 52in A650 I'll definitely take that one for the bedroom! That's a STEAL on that tv.

- Preciate it.

I took a PT job at best buy... Employee discount at cost + 5% ftw
laugh.gif

i wish i could share the love...

120hz FTW!!! I wish i could get one
frown.gif
I have a old panasonic plasma 42" but it was brand new last year

Got a Zenith 52" projection in the living room from a few years back.

Just copped a Sony Bravia 32" for my bedroom a few months back.

I missed out on getting a 50" Pioneer for $1000 with the service plan included
smh.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
. Manager told me it would be available all week and then thenext day I go to buy it and he said they changed their minds
mad.gif
. I was like this
frown.gif
therest of the day
laugh.gif
. Sorry, felt like I needed to tell someone
embarassed.gif

Well I just got the steal of a lifetime. I just picked up the LN52a650 for a whopping $2089!!! This reason is that I called Circuit City an they had 1 left andI said to hold it. As I got to the store I see them pulling it out of the box and about to put it on display!!! I immediately run over and say I had it onhold. After about #0 minutes of speaking to the manager they tried to locate one in the Bay Area and CC had them. since technically they took it out of the boxthey had to sell it to me for the open box price!!!! Love the TV. so clear and bright! A definite must buy!!!

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
dude, 120hz is a HUGE difference. They look so much sharper, vibrant, and brighter.

Eh... It's a feature that produces an artificial "in-between" image... IMO I think it's garbage. But to each their own.
As video editor Geoff Morrison's piece explains, part of the blur perception comes from the fact that, on standard LCDs, frames are frozen on the screen for 1/60th of a second, and then abruptly shift to the next frame. This is called "sample and hold." Other technologies like plasma and DLP don't hold the frame for that whole 1/60th of a second, but pulse from one frame to the next, with some healthy downtime. The obvious solution is to double the frame rate to 120Hz.

One 120Hz method simulates the other TV technologies by introducing that downtime. Between each bright frame is a frame that's totally black or very dim (as shown above). The rapid succession of bright and dark frames, 120 times per second, looks smooth to the eye, and keeps some of the LCD's issues hidden in the darkness. This technique is the best, according to Morrison. Alas, it is dying out.

120Hz_interpolated.jpg

If you're worried about image blur, get a plasma or DLP. I don't really notice blur on my LCD's which are not 120hz.

Back
Top Bottom