Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

Man 120hz is pure garbage. Yes its good for sports, but anything else its disgusting. 120hz was marketed very well because it made people think their LCD wascrap now because of this "new 120hz" technology. Try watching a movie with 120hz, it makes any movie look like a damn fake soap opera or being on theset when they are filming. Seriously go to your store and check out how fake movies look with 120hz. The reason behind this is the frames per second with 120hzis going faster to what a movie's frames per second intended it to be.

BEST TV ON THE PLANET: Pioneer KURO ELITE Plasmas. NO contest. No LCD can match it. Say whatever you want to say, but the KURO > your fav. TV.

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

BEST TV ON THE PLANET: Pioneer KURO ELITE Plasmas. NO contest. No LCD can match it. Say whatever you want to say, but the KURO > your fav. TV.

Agreed. I wish they weren't so expensive.

1080p is more noticable if you sit closer to the TV. Anyone who says you need a 40"+ tv to enjoy 1080p is crazy. You can notice 1080p on a 32" tvjust as bigger tv.

All LCD's look blurry if they are not running in their native resolution, ie if you have a 1080p and are running 720p content, then it's gonna lookblurrier than the 1080p. Not sure about plasma tvs though.

I also believe there was a Vizio 32" plasma once.:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...00000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8477433

And btw: Oled> all :smile:

Yes the Pioneer KURO is the best but the ones that are 1080p are
eek.gif
inprice

Originally Posted by nnarum

Agreed. I wish they weren't so expensive.
Finally enjoying my PDP-6010 in the living room watching Ratatouille after finally setting it up
smokin.gif

Pioneer, for $3000 FTW
roll.gif

Here's the setup in my living room (Samsung 50" Plasma)....I tried to also get a good close up so you could see the clarity but I'm nophotographer:

If I had $2900 I would buy KURO PDP-5010FD
I just picked one up day before yesterday @ Best Buy, 2999. I haven't had a chance to toy with the settings and so the colors are way off,but the pic still looks good. I can't wait to break it in and have it calibrated, it's gonna be amazing.

Man 120hz is pure garbage. Yes its good for sports, but anything else its disgusting. 120hz was marketed very well because it made people think their LCD was crap now because of this "new 120hz" technology. Try watching a movie with 120hz, it makes any movie look like a damn fake soap opera or being on the set when they are filming. Seriously go to your store and check out how fake movies look with 120hz. The reason behind this is the frames per second with 120hz is going faster to what a movie's frames per second intended it to be.

Uhh its not entirely due to the 120hz, 120hz helps enables that feature. The movement is actually 24hz, aka 1080/24p, with 24 frames per seconds. Hollywooduses 24fps to film their movies, so figure. The feature that works when 120hz is enabled is called motionflow, amp, film stablization depending on the brand.You can definitely turn it off so you can watch movies you normally do. I got a set that does it, and I won't watch movies without it. I honestly love thatfeature, it takes some getting used to, but once it does you won't look back. It gives it that extra 3-d pop and just looks more realistic IMO and it is mydefinition of "HD". I got a Toshiba 42xv540u(LCD) and I love it, the only thing I need to do is to calibrate it right and I wish it had blacker blacklevels. Plasma's def have better black levels and colors, I would have bought one if it had the 120hz and Film Stabilization feature that my Toshiba does.And to whoever said OLED's>all, he's right lol. OLED's are the future of flat panel sets, they are very expensive right now though, its $2,000for a 7 inch screen(Sony)
eek.gif
sick.gif

Man 120hz is pure garbage. Yes its good for sports, but anything else its disgusting. 120hz was marketed very well because it made people think their LCD was crap now because of this "new 120hz" technology. Try watching a movie with 120hz, it makes any movie look like a damn fake soap opera or being on the set when they are filming. Seriously go to your store and check out how fake movies look with 120hz. The reason behind this is the frames per second with 120hz is going faster to what a movie's frames per second intended it to be.

Uhh its not entirely due to the 120hz, 120hz helps enables that feature. The movement is actually 24hz, aka 1080/24p, with 24 frames per seconds. Hollywood uses 24fps to film their movies, so figure. The feature that works when 120hz is enabled is called motionflow, amp, film stablization depending on the brand. You can definitely turn it off so you can watch movies you normally do. I got a set that does it, and I won't watch movies without it. I honestly love that feature, it takes some getting used to, but once it does you won't look back. It gives it that extra 3-d pop and just looks more realistic IMO and it is my definition of "HD"
I was bout to say the same thing. That motionflow gives it a very realistic look, like you're watching a movie before it's been edited. I think I sat in the same spot at BB for 30 minutes straight watchin Pirates...on a the A650 that had motionflow enabled. I want that TV JUST forthat effect. lol

Question though, will it only look like that when watching True HD content such as Blu-Ray or HD DVD, or does it look like that when watchin HD channels on tvtoo?

- Preciate it.

it looks like that when watching any type of HD feed. at my store, we have 2 120hz sets running native bluray, and another running DirecTVHD, !+#+ is gorgeous

I don't live in the US, so I can't comment on broadcast HD quality... but how does it look when compared to something on BD? a good transfer BD ofcourse...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I don't live in the US, so I can't comment on broadcast HD quality... but how does it look when compared to something on BD? a good transfer BD of course...

BD > Broadcast anytime. A pure HD source is always the best. Cable/Satellite compress some channels so they don't look as crisp as BD would.

Originally Posted by nnarum

I don't live in the US, so I can't comment on broadcast HD quality... but how does it look when compared to something on BD? a good transfer BD of course...

BD > Broadcast anytime. A pure HD source is always the best. Cable/Satellite compress some channels so they don't look as crisp as BD would.
very true. Im currently uploading the best pics im capable of taking of the new 6010 with my lack of knowledge of my SLR. I took pics of HD broadcasts,and of Card on BD. gimme a few minutes

^ Very nice Cinco
pimp.gif

What did you do with your Sharp you had? Still have it?

Thanks dude

Yeah I still got it, its in my room though. This hot puppy is sitting in the living room, had to upgrade from our 2002 Sony 53" HD (component) rearprojection
laugh.gif

And finally, heres the HD Broadcast pics on the elite

Please note, the NFL pictures are darker because I was using a different shutter speed trying to get a good picture of the feed in action without blur

broadcast HD looks pretty good... but damn, your Pioneer looks stunning... 1080p? specs pls

^gimme your sharp 350 pick up Ill bring some thai food too and thai tea on the side think about it

Some shots of BD on PS3. Samsung LNS2652D.

29dybnc.jpg

2exsosh.jpg

33y3sxg.jpg

oa8wsw.jpg

eyes.gif
Some of the colors look messed up.

broadcast HD looks pretty good... but damn, your Pioneer looks stunning... 1080p? specs pls
Yeah dude it looks amazing, I cant WAIT til the next UCL starts up and I can enjoy it on this beast
smokin.gif

1080p yes

specs are here :
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TZBYHO/?tag=niketalk0e-20
^gimme your sharp 350 pick up Ill bring some thai food too and thai tea on the side think about it

laugh.gif
youre crazy. dude at work yesterday they were selling a 32" Sony Bravia for THREE HUNDRED, store display. you lost my friend
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom