OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

As good of an actress Claire Danes may be, there is only but so many times we as an audience can see the slutty crazy Carrie act. This storyline with Ayan comes across as Brody lite at least from my perspective.

you guys think claire danes is a good actress?? 
laugh.gif

One thing did bother me is that ol' dude that was the ex station chief was talking to Dennis at the bar, Dennis mentioned he felt trapped by the huge cloud & then ol' girl from ISI interrupted their convo. He then said to Dennis that she's probably at the bar working as they speak & then he never gets Dennis to finish what he was saying... Like hello, you're a seasoned CIA operative that was even a station chief... Red flags didn't pop up in your head to make him finish what he was saying?!?!?!
mean.gif
i dont think he was ex station chief, i think he was supposed to get the job but carrie twisted lockhart's arm at the last minute

as far as getting the ambassadors husband to finish what he was saying, he probably just figured he could always ask about it later.

i think once he saw he the ISI chick he thought it best not to continue the conversation in her presence.  

with her arriving like that (and his comment about her probably working right now)

the way the ambassador was talking about him when he dropped him off

i dont think itll be too long before he puts 2 and 2 together.

Not sure what to make of the ex-station chief yet... He definitely knew something was up, but probably didn't expect it was linked to Dennis.  

Actually, I thought he was the same actor as BB's Gale... 
laugh.gif

hand2handking hand2handking was right... As was I on a technicality... Ol dude did get the job & had the rug pulled out under him when Carrie got the nod.

:lol: @ the Ambassador constantly reminding Dennis he plagiarized & that he's a loser...

Last edited:
I know everyone hates Carrie in here but how can you deny Claire Danes is a good actress (at least in this role)? I mean she's won Emmy's for this role & yes I know Hollywood awards aren't always awarded to the most "deserving" but I feel she won them rightfully so.

@Hand2HandKing was right... As was I on a technicality... Ol dude did get the job & had the rug pulled out under him when Carrie got the nod.

laugh.gif
@ the Ambassador constantly reminding Dennis he plagiarized & that he's a loser...
always make me chuckle

and Carrie is a good actress......I hate her cause she plays the role so well 
laugh.gif
 .....she reminds me of a crazy bi polar person, all the way down to the crazy look in her eye 

I know everyone hates Carrie in here but how can you deny Claire Danes is a good actress (at least in this role)? I mean she's won Emmy's for this role & yes I know Hollywood awards aren't always awarded to the most "deserving" but I feel she won them rightfully so.
This is a similar situation to ppl hating the tv wife on a show. A lot of dudes still can't accept that Carrie is the main character of this show for better or worse.

She was amazing first season. Even when the writing lacked she still pulls this off seamlessly. Can't hate on that. If anything dudes hating on Carrie and disliking almost everything she does is a testament to how amazing Claire has been these last few years.

Claire Danes is just super cheesy and unbelievable as a CIA station chief, but hey that's my opinion.  I could care less whether or not she wins awards, i just don't think that she is a very talented actress, and nothing will change my mind at this point.

Claire Danes is just super cheesy and unbelievable as a CIA station chief, but hey that's my opinion.  I could care less whether or not she wins awards, i just don't think that she is a very talented actress, and nothing will change my mind at this point.
It's understandable if you just don't like her as an actress but how can you say she doesn't play the part of a CIA station chief right? Do you know any CIA station chiefs in real life to make that assessment?

Last edited:
It's understandable if you just don't like her as an actress but how can you say she doesn't play the part of a CIA station chief right? Do you know any CIA station chiefs in real life to make that assessment?
Cant say that i do, does that mean that i have to believe whatever Homeland gives me?  I just don't think shes a good actress - i think she is cheesy as ****, its my opinion.  

Cant say that i do, does that mean that i have to believe whatever Homeland gives me?  I just don't think shes a good actress - i think she is cheesy as ****, its my opinion.  
Like I said I respect your opinion of you not liking her as an actress but to say she doesn't play the role of a CIA station chief right w/o anything to back it up (even other instances of actors who played that role) is just you being biased. Don't even know how you can watch a show where you hate the main actress lol... I can understand if it were a movie but if I had to watch a show week in & week out w/ Channing Tatum (for example) as the lead role, I'd probably shoot myself.

Last edited:
Like I said I respect your opinion of you not liking her as an actress but to say she doesn't play the role of a CIA station chief right w/o anything to back it up (even other instances of actors who played those roles) is just you being biased.
you are right, shes a once in a generation actress..

I have never seen anything else claire danes has done, so how could i be biased against her?

Last edited:
you are right, shes a once in a generation actress..

I have never seen anything else claire danes has done, so how could i be biased against her?
Lol you're COMPLETELY missing what I'm saying & I doubt even me highlighting it at this point would help you so...

/discussion.

I think you should be asking if she's a believable station chief/CIA operative for tv. Going off other shows like 24 for example, I'd say yes she is.

Now you thinking she's cheesy seems to be more about the character than how the character does her job or how the actress performs in the role.

I think you should be asking if she's a believable station chief/CIA operative for tv. Going off other shows like 24 for example, I'd say yes she is.

Now you thinking she's cheesy seems to be more about the character than how the character does her job or how the actress performs in the role.
I can agree with what you are saying, she is basically a product of the cheesy show, writing, etc..  I have never watched 24, but i guess i just expect more out of premium network shows.  Overall, homeland doesnt really impress me.

i think i missed it, but that professor .. so he was stealing documents off his wife's desk, but who was he passing it to? The ISI? Was he Sandy's source?

Last edited:
Ok but Sandy was giving him information too right? Wasn't the source giving him the locations of the people on the kill list? I don't get how that works.

From my understanding Sandy was getting his kill list locations from ISI. In return, he was providing them w/ the info the professor was stealing from his wife's desk (someone correct me if I'm wrong). What I don't get is why the professor was even helping Sandy in the first place?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom