OFFICIAL January 2010 Website/Outlet/Store Report Thread Vol. What will 2010 Bring?

Originally Posted by RETALETHERAPY

An employee at Riverhead said he'd call me back because he has to verify the price of Vacaville

They told me to have the outlet call them. Hopefully he'll follow through for you.

marshalls in picktown ohio has the jumpman pro low black and red 59.99 jordan elements white and patent black 59.99. talked to a dude that works there he saidjordan 2k9 both colors were still sitting in the back along with a few other nikes they also had a bunch of adidas from 20-25 bucks (shelltoes, standsmith,etc)

the jordan elements look like a really solid shoe, thinking about getting it, anyone know if they're a good balling shoe?

Originally Posted by DrJayIV

I come home to a fedex door tag from the Nike Outlet in Lebanon and it says shipper requires signature from adult over 21. Why would I need to be 21 to order sneakers? I need help here NT Fam what do I do now?

Same thing happened to me, but take a look at the sticker & there should be a section to sign & give the driver permission to drop the package offwithout a sig.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by moorevisual

Originally Posted by 3thaman

We're headed for the day when outlets won't ship, I can feel it.

i see where your coming from, but that would be a terrible business move. all retail businesses are driven by one motive - to make money. that's why it drives me crazy why some of these nikestore/outlet employees, even managers, are sooooo lazy and rude. managers, employees, and stores get bonuses and incentives based on one thing - SALES ($$). at the end of the day, it's all about the numbers. it boggles my mind why these people are giving callers false information, or saying their "not equipped" to handle phone orders, or putting time restrictions on phone orders; they're only hurting themselves in the long run.

i have an extensive retail sales and management background, and i personally oversaw the web/phone order side of a very successful mom and pops sportswear store for nearly 5 years. my boss would have had my head on a platter if i'd done what some of these stores are doing. we were trained that everytime that phone rings, that's the cash register ringing a sale. if it meant we had to stay 2hrs after close to get all of our orders rung in, guess what, we did it. we had sales sometimes when we did $60-70K in a day! we would leave exhausted, but that's what we're there for.

I see what you are saying but like Hazel, I believe it was Hazel, I've been buying from outlets since the early 90's Specifically the 2 at Pigeon forge. What you have to understand is all that is happening today is that shoes are just being sold at a faster rate compared to the days before the internet. If it was a good shoe it is still going to sell, it might take a month but it would still sellout. Take the penny II's at $59 they've been hunted down for the last couple of weeks but even without the internet they'd still be gone within a couple of months. I guess what I'm trying to get at is eventually employees and even worse managers will eventually get tired of the hassle of dealing with phone calls and orders and do all they can to get it stopped. I can see why they'd just lie and say they are out of a popular shoe when you know it will sell in the store and you don't have to deal with the phone orders and shipping. I know I wish you F'ers had never found out about PF.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I mean no disrespect but you stay complaining about people ordering from pigeon forge. Most of the good stuff that hit are cleaned out bulk buyers and not to mention they are shady as hell when it comes to phone orders. You have to call 4-5 times so you can get a employee that isn't lazy and willing to take your order. I remember one time I called them 10 ore more times and they would say they have my size and come back and say no it's sold out. Finally after several calls I had a lady pick up and what you know they had multiple pairs in my size. It's not 90's anymore, we have something called the internet where information is shared and makes a lot of our lives a lot easier. Don't me mad at us for getting stuff, step up your networking skills because I remember florida getting tons of heat but it would be bought by locals before anyone even knew. If they can do it, so can you.
wink.gif

You pretty much prove my point, they don't want to deal with the trouble of phone orders and the people in this thread usually don't get to the shoeanyway due to lurking bulk buyers. And hey I don't own the place so don't blame me for the service. To be honest if I made minimum wage doing what theydo I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle this thread causes, I mean within 10 minutes they could have 100 calls because of something posted on here. Asfar as me complaining I really can care less what makes it to the outlets, if I can get it great if not so be it, I actually have more to do than hassle 16 yrolds over the phone about price matching. Half of the people on here are like dogs following a pack, buying shoes just to get in on a deal. Alot of you wastemoney just trying to up your numbers and in a couple of years will look back and regret it. Oh well, spent too long on this topic and I'm not trying to getsomething started with you I just wonder what happened to the true collector that buys shoes because they mean something to them. I could get Jay jones,Rockdeep, jmadidas and others to hype up a purple turd dunk and make it sell out in minutes due to the hypebeast.

Eh don't listen to me I'm drinking beer and watching semi-pro and football at the same time so I'm in ramble mode.
laugh.gif

I'd rather spend my time on ebay anyway thats my outlet.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

the jordan elements look like a really solid shoe, thinking about getting it, anyone know if they're a good balling shoe?
they are more comfy than mostof what they had come out in a long time.

stopped into vacaville today.

only had size 9.5 and bellow in the AM1 $37.99

they also had scattered sizes in the all red and all blue NFW Hypermax $69.99

378830-161
Nike Air Max 1 QS
white / sport red / neutral grey
few pairs left 845-928-8838 WoodBury Commons
I 2X Checked and they will price match jus mention Vacaville $37.97

3thaman & moorevisual NIKE wont discontinue shipping
1/2 of the Outlets have separate staff that handle PHONE Orders
PLEASE BELIEVE xilegacy is right cuz NIKE wants product moved ASAP

GOODLUCK too All that are lookin too cop BUT dont settle for $69.99 call around and ask

3thaman & moorevisual NIKE wont discontinue shipping
1/2 of the Outlets have separate staff that handle PHONE Orders
It's not about what NIKE wants, It's what these workers are tired of doing. When I worked at Wal-Mart in highschool they wanted ridinglawnmowers sold too, but if you called me in lawn and garden you were SOL, we were sold out because I knew I was going to have to load the damn thing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RETALETHERAPY

An employee at Riverhead said he'd call me back because he has to verify the price of Vacaville

I'm sure you'll have no problem...most of the employees were shocked when the manager told them to charge $39.99

So is it Nike's policy to pricematch other outlet's prices on shoes? Or is it just manager's discretion?

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

So is it Nike's policy to pricematch other outlet's prices on shoes? Or is it just manager's discretion?

Not quite sure...probably depends on whether or not the manager is in a good mood...when I had asked for a price match, he took down the style # and saidhe'd be right back and asked which outlet was the price match

price matches can only be done outlet to outlet

it cannot be done clearance store to an outlet, or nike retail(niketown's) to an outlet.

Originally Posted by koreaJ23

price matches can only be done outlet to outlet

it cannot be done clearance store to an outlet, or nike retail(niketown's) to an outlet.
^Very accurate info. More and more outlets are price matching other outlets now adays. I think it is a great thing they are doing. I meanc'mon it's NIKE.

WE need too Keep All Outlets with Sloppy/Lazy or Kniving employees in Check & Reward those that give Good service...

Originally Posted by jaytthelegend

BTW for you guys looking for the price match on the QS 87's I would advide you to keep trying. Just got a spot to match the Vacaville $37.97 price for 4 pairs. 2 for me, one for my brother and one for a buddy. Can't wait for them to come in. Do they come without a box top?

Come on bro, people have been given info out left and right.

If it weren't for this thread you wouldn't be getting them for $37 and you would won't say where the "spot" is located?

Recycle the info

update for Arundel Mills:
Jordan 2009s scattered sized for 100 it says on the hash wall

Hyperize Samples (many were dirty) from 44.99 - 59.99
colorways i saw were
mainly white/silver
mainly purple/white
mainly max orange/white
I REPEAT... THEY WERE DIRTY AND SOME HAD YELLOWED MIDSOLES...

truth was spoken by 3thaman and homie above me. If u got blessed with info, pay that ishh forward; one good turn deserves another....
wink.gif

3 was on point about people just following a deal I use to lurk in here tough before the CDPs hit in Florida for $99
eek.gif
and it was like a ghost town I can name ten or twelve people who were the onlyones posting day to day, week to week, month to month.
nerd.gif

My money was, and still pretty much is
embarassed.gif
low so I'm not alwaysable to take advantage of a steal/deal but I'll say this.
I've had one pair of AM1 in my over ten years of collecting. I will not grab a 2nd pair cuz NT is beastin on them for $37.97
eyes.gif

If they were goin that hard they wouldn't have flooded all these outlets and damn sure wouldn't have hit for as low as $37.97
tongue.gif

So to all u fools thinkin you're gonna be King Kong reseller off some $40 AM1, do a little history assignment and peep game that MSRP was like $90-100 andthese are READILY AVAILABLE. So how much are y'all thinkin you're gonna clear after u pay to ship, so on and so forth ?
indifferent.gif

I find myself in here writin essays with no outlet info to post but it's disconcerting that even the outlet thread isn't safe from the hype wave in2010

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Agent0024

truth was spoken by 3thaman and homie above me. If u got blessed with info, pay that ishh forward; one good turn deserves another....
wink.gif

3 was on point about people just following a deal I use to lurk in here tough before the CDPs hit in Florida for $99
eek.gif
and it was like a ghost town I can name ten or twelve people who were the only ones posting day to day, week to week, month to month.
nerd.gif

My money was, and still pretty much is
embarassed.gif
low so I'm not always able to take advantage of a steal/deal but I'll say this.
I've had one pair of AM1 in my over ten years of collecting. I will not grab a 2nd pair cuz NT is beastin on them for $37.97
eyes.gif

If they were goin that hard they wouldn't have flooded all these outlets and damn sure wouldn't have hit for as low as $37.97
tongue.gif

So to all u fools thinkin you're gonna be King Kong reseller off some $40 AM1, do a little history assignment and peep game that MSRP was like $90-100 and these are READILY AVAILABLE. So how much are y'all thinkin you're gonna clear after u pay to ship, so on and so forth ?
indifferent.gif

I find myself in here writin essays with no outlet info to post but it's disconcerting that even the outlet thread isn't safe from the hype wave in 2010

frown.gif

Yep they would have pissed their pants when these hit the outlets, you can still see the outlet price tag on the pair on the right. Got 3 pair with noproblems.

336291017.jpg

Don't know why I took a pic of this pair seperate.
323190036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom