**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Just finished listening to it for the first time, definitely something you have to get used to. Very Aquemini-ish.

Since I only listen to an album mainly on face-value, this is basically just first-thoughts. Right now, the outro with Pac was my favorite part of the album. Very deep stuff.

There's people who aren't going to like it, and people who won't like it RIGHT NOW. If you're into a more soul / funk sound, then you'll definitely dig this album. It sounds like it could be the child of D'angelo - Black Messiah and the Roots - Things Fall Apart.

People that are fxing w/ turnt up / trap rap aren't going to feel this sort of vibe. It's all a matter of preference. It's still very early in 2015 and if more soulful / funky stuff comes out, then people will revisit and enjoy this album.

5 spins in and I'm loving it more each time.

i just listened to the album , its a good album

But a lot of people will not like it because it lacks a lot of upbeat/aggressive songs that made GKMC what it was

Its a very thought provoking album which will also turn a lot of people off

People that are fxing w/ turnt up / trap rap aren't going to feel this sort of vibe. It's all a matter of preference. It's still very early in 2015 and if more soulful / funky stuff comes out, then people will revisit and enjoy this album.

5 spins in and I'm loving it more each time.

Because if you don't like this...it MUST mean you only listen to "turnt up" music huh?

Because if you don't like this...it MUST mean you only listen to "turnt up" music huh?

I could've replaced turnt music with rock / indie / electro / etc. You're missing the point. It's a matter of preference and what you're currently listening to.

View media item 1449115
View media item 1449116
^^^
anyone able to decipher the dots to the right????

View media item 1449117
View media item 1449118
View media item 1449119
View media item 1449120
View media item 1449121
View media item 1449122

I'm really loving the soundscape of this album. This is ******** on GKMC (which I really liked)....

This album is so authentic and next level.​

There are so many layers and complexities to the whole project.​

You can call it slurpin' if you want, but there is something about a genuine project that the people can relate to that sets it apart from a world full of fluff.​

You can tell the music and raps took time to organically marinate into something special, not anything rushed.​

Should definitely win album of the year, but we know how those things go.​
From who, the board of governers at the Grammys? Psh, they will curve this album :smh:

Last edited:
Man y'all hyping this up like it's Illmatic or something....chill :lol:
Well, while Illmatic was great album, this is just better to me IMO. I can relate to this album, it has that west coast vibe too, I grew up here in LA, my tape deck was nothing but Pac, Dre, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Outlaws, NWA, Warren G, Nate Dogg etc. , the stories behind the music, I get it. I can't really relate to some of the stuff on Illmatic, but I can feel were Nas is coming from.

ufdup.png
3 for 3

This **** is got damn smooth.

Sonically this **** is beautiful :smh:

album is meh. dude did a lil too much talking on that control verse it seems. Album is NOT popping.

on my twitter timeline most people who dont like the album are the ones going crazy over Drake's project If You're Reading This Its Too Late :smh:

Kendrick basically gave a middle finger to everybody in Hip Hop on Hood Politics

Everybody want to talk about who this and who that
Who the realest and who wack, who white or who black
Critics want to mention that they miss when hip hop was rappin’
************ if you did, then Killer Mike'd be platinum

I don't love it, nor do I hate it. Honestly, I'm sure most of us were anticipating a few sprinkles of heavy noise here and there, instead we got a smooth and conscious album. I appreciate what K dot brings to the table and the poem at the end was real dope to me. Some tracks that I'm diggin are

Institutionalized
u
Hood Politics

also I wish he added a regular studio version of 'i" as a bonus track or something. the live version is cool on the album, but it would've been nice to have a regular version as well.

Can someone post a link to the original version of I? Only heard the version I've heard is on the album.

Thanks

Tried listening while driving last night, ya, still not doing it for me.

Tetsuo and Youth >>>> this album by a LONG shot.

"Mural" is better than anything on this album. *KanyeShrug*

But ehhh I'll let those who enjoy it enjoy it, I'll just patiently wait for "So Help Me God."

I like it. It's different, but not Yeezus different :lol: only got through one listen so far. I think it's needed right now in hip hop.

What upsets me is the song he did on the Colbert Report isn't on here. That dip was hard

and I'm insensitive
and I lack empathy
He looked at me and said
"Your potential is bittersweet"
I looked at Him and said
"Every nickle is mines to keep"
He looked at me and said
"Know the truth it will set you free!
You're looking at the Messiah, the Son of Jehovah, the Higher Power, the Choir that spoke the Word, the Holy Spirit, the nerve of Nazareth
& I'll tell you just how much a dollar costs
The price of having a spot in Heaven.......embrace your loss"

Back
Top Bottom