Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I'm interested in how stitching actual TPU strands in with the flyknit on these and getting rid of the heavy glue backing will differ in flexibility to the 9

Here's a good closeup of the flyknit with the TPU strands knitted in, very curious to see how well these perform.

Is Kobe going to start wearing 11s for games now or will he still be wearing 10s until they release?
I would guess he would start wearing them after Christmas, because of the Christmas Kobe X Elite. But also wouldn't be surprised if he started wearing some PE's pairs soon.

The turn is beginning for the rest of you like, its like the "Walking Dead" in here.

Anyway, I'm in for the first pair, I normally stick to Lakers colors in Kobes, but I am a sucker for a new pair of hoop shoes just to hoop in them and find out how good they are myself. So I will get the release pair (need some black and red hoop shoes anyways).

Here's a good closeup of the flyknit with the TPU strands knitted in, very curious to see how well these perform.
Seems like they made the flyknit more flexible and the TPU is added to be more firm then flyknit running shoes 

I wish it had zoom air in the front also

Zoom would take away from the Nike Free design function. If they make the zoom bag the Nike Free design then would be best of both worlds. I could see something like that in the future as a new innovation.

I think the toe looks fine. The heel reminds me of the 9 heel —kind of bulky. Its probably full of padding to keep you locked in. Hopefully it doesn't feel as bulky on feet.

My take on the Xi after seeing the official photo; the flyknit with tpu looks cool, but saying it's the best they can do right now by Avar seems stupid because the flyweave is still superior. Also, doesn't the X already weave some tpu strain into the knit? At least on my mambacurial I can see some tpu weaved throughout the upper. The drop in insole we are back to the 8-9, which some likes and some hates. I think as long as it will be as thick or thicker than the 9's insole it will be ok. Looks wise, the 9 elite low and 10 elite low looks better. From a performance aspect, I don't know if this will top the 9 or 10.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Xs as an entire line didn't sell well, but that's Nike's fault for putting out so many trash colorways.

Honestly, if you look at the progression from the 8 on,the X feels like a random out of place shoe, almost a filler.  I didn't mind the X, have like 4 pairs, solid bball shoe, but the X! looks like the true next step from the 9. 

Last edited:
Zoom would take away from the Nike Free design function. If they make the zoom bag the Nike Free design then would be best of both worlds. I could see something like that in the future as a new innovation.

They could have used small met bags, like the lebron 12-13 but smaller

Back
Top Bottom