Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The 8 was the best so far until the 9. I believe the Kobe line peaked at the 9. The traction on the 9 was the best of the line. Especially the EM model was the best bang for your buck in all budget models (performance wise). The 10 & 11 have declined slightly.

ALL OF THIS

I noticed Nike is making their recent basketball shorts shorter. Maybe it's because of Lebron. 

Im not into long, baggy, bball shorts anyway so Lebron influence or not, I approve

Last edited:
I wanted to like the X. Finally got over my dislike of the midsole and copped three elite lows, but they are uncomfortable to me (digs in on the top of the foot in the tongue area), and I hate the macaroni project flyknit. Keeping the Curials just because I love the colorway but returning the Christmas and Draft Picks shortly.

Wanted at least five pairs of the IX but only have two (Perspectives and Inspirations) since the Maestros and MPs didn't come out in 7.5 and I don't think I could flex an 8. Still on the hunt for some Details. Guy has a pair in my size on eBay but is selling them together with a size 8 Christmas for $600.00 and won't split them up.
mean.gif

Love the XI. Super comfy and I like the truer flyknit. Just waiting for some good colorways. Got the Achilles and will cop the purple joints. Out on the BHM and the All-Star. 

Last edited:
Finally got around to stopping in a HOH and tried on a pair. Evidently I'm still a size 12 in kobes like I was with the 9 and 10 and 11.5 in jordan's yet. My advice is to size up .5.

I wanted to like the X. Finally got over my dislike of the midsole and copped three elite lows, but they are uncomfortable to me (digs in on the top of the foot in the tongue area), and I hate the macaroni project flyknit. Keeping the Curials just because I love the colorway but returning the Christmas and Draft Picks shortly.

Wanted at least five pairs of the IX but only have two (Perspectives and Inspirations) since the Maestros and MPs didn't come out in 7.5 and I don't think I could flex an 8. Still on the hunt for some Details. Guy has a pair in my size on eBay but is selling them together with a size 8 Christmas for $600.00 and won't split them up.
mean.gif

Love the XI. Super comfy and I like the truer flyknit. Just waiting for some good colorways. Got the Achilles and will cop the purple joints. Out on the BHM and the All-Star. 
I wanted to like the 10s too. I ended up purchasing the 5 AM, Rivalry, XMAS, and Oreo HTM. I have only been wearing the XMAS and HTM lately. I will have to say that I like the 9s a lot more than the 10s. 

As for the 9s, I have the Laser Crimson and What The Kobe. Laser Crimsons are my hooping sneaker. They have the best traction out of the 9, 10, and 11.

I purchased my first 11 in the BHM colorway last weekend while in Vegas. They seem a little more uncomfortable than the 9s. Maybe I just need to break them in more.

Note: Still on that search for the Gumbo League 9s...

I have only been playing in the 11's for the past 2 days, I can say it is a good ball shoe, but I still like the X better.

The X is better cushioned and better fitting. Although the uppers on the regular X took some breaking in (stiff fuse in the upper), the elites were ready to go out the box. The more I played in any of the X, the better they got. The XI so far has gotten a bit sloppy as the flyknit has broken in. Still not a bad shoe, but too minimal. Lockdown not as good as the X, and the fit is just not as supportive.

IMO X> IX > XI (performance wise)

Looks wise, X= IX (but the IX had better colorways) > XI

I have only been playing in the 11's for the past 2 days, I can say it is a good ball shoe, but I still like the X better.

The X is better cushioned and better fitting. Although the uppers on the regular X took some breaking in (stiff fuse in the upper), the elites were ready to go out the box. The more I played in any of the X, the better they got. The XI so far has gotten a bit sloppy as the flyknit has broken in. Still not a bad shoe, but too minimal. Lockdown not as good as the X, and the fit is just not as supportive.

View media item 1900675

Achilles Traction Update
Welp! I didn't want to believe it and I thought folks were being overly critical of the XI's traction. My experience has been pretty awful. Compared the XX9 with Achilles and the XX9 handled a moderately dusty court with ease. The XI? Not so much. It picked up everything I stepped in! Take a look...hopefully you can see the difference with this cell phone pic

View media item 1900707

Lol

i wouldnt be suprized if he wears them the entire month. nike probably asked him to do it cuz the shoe wasnt selling well. a bunch of people slept on these. probably the 220+ tax retail

A little article on the trend of shorter shorts in the NBA. I wasnt aware of this trend until recently, makes me feel old. I still like my shorts roomy, but not 1991 Pistons-short. Hope it doesn't get to that level, what with Nike making the cuts a bit shorter than before.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...d97d12-bf84-11e5-9443-7074c3645405_story.html
Chris Weber and the Fab Five ain't hearing that ^^^^

However, John Stockton and Larry Bird are 'bout that and co-sign.

Warning NSFW:
laugh.gif

Yeah :smh: -I wore the IX BHM on the same court last week and of course the performed great as usual. I still think the XI is a great looking shoe so I'll probably only end up with 6 pair instead of the projected 10 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom