Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Found the metcon story on reddit:

In case anyone cares- Invictus did a Kobe WOD in honor of his final game and Nike gave them 40 pairs to give away. Winners wore them for the WOD, as promo video was filmed during.

18 min AMRAP - 5 Ring MU, 8 Power clean 185/125, 24 Box Jump 30"/24"

All were given away during the noon classes....a lot more people than usual showed up for that time slot in order to get them, but it still worked so that almost half got a pair. Pretty cool.

18 min for 18 NBA seasons 5 Ring MU for 5 rings 8 power cleans for his original jersey number 8 24 box jumps for his second jersey number..

Found the metcon story on reddit:

In case anyone cares- Invictus did a Kobe WOD in honor of his final game and Nike gave them 40 pairs to give away. Winners wore them for the WOD, as promo video was filmed during.

18 min AMRAP - 5 Ring MU, 8 Power clean 185/125, 24 Box Jump 30"/24"

All were given away during the noon classes....a lot more people than usual showed up for that time slot in order to get them, but it still worked so that almost half got a pair. Pretty cool.

18 min for 18 NBA seasons 5 Ring MU for 5 rings 8 power cleans for his original jersey number 8 24 box jumps for his second jersey number..
dang so these metcons are actually more limited than the 11's lol. 

Do any of you guys know where there is 'persian violet' on the Kobe 11 All Stars?  
My only guess is that it's part of the translucent sole when the light hits it at a certain angle. Same way there was supposedly court purple on the Last Emperors

You can‘t be serious. They will most definitely find ways to capitalize on that game. Heck, Nike will capitalize on anything.

The secondary market is just hype for Nike. The peak is just panic buys from ritchie riches followed by resell euphoria.

Kobe is another cash cow for Nike.
The resale market is capitalism at its finest. The problem is it exploits Nike's loyal customer base.

The paint was rubbed off
mean.gif

Had to have this in the collection. Took some pics of the details, wish the date was stitched though.

Last edited:
Never seen those parade Vs before might be a new favourite colourway.

Vs and 6s have perfect lockdown, comfort and fit but traction was a little lacking and they felt bulky. The 8/9 were better imo but wouldve loved a full zoom lunar insert for perfect comfort. Ten had similar bulk but comfort was fairly good. Molded to my arch well but also hurt my feet a bit.

Need a 4 and a 7, find the 7 hard to pick a colourway though.

Still no 11 yet.
I found this link...

http://*************.com/news/2010/...t-the-lakers-are-actually-defending-champions

The paint was rubbed off
mean.gif

For those who got some Ftb xi's, have you work yours yet and if you have is it for ball or causal? I can't even bring myself to put them on yet haha
I am having this same issue...after seeing the above post, I don't think I'll ever be able to put them on lol.  The current value of the shoe is just too high, makes me scared to do anything but look at em. Not exactly the collector type either, so I'm almost at the point where I'd rather sell and use the money to ID 4 pairs I can wear without worry, lmao

Last edited:
Yea I seen a listing on eBay for a pair of 10.5 with the date rubbed off, so it was a little lower than current prices. I'm probably going to make an ID to replicate them pretty soon.

@superstarlord thanks to you my impatience got the better of me lol. i pulled the trigger and got my pair from FCLA. i dont think mine will have a pin like yours though. oh well.

Last edited:
Jeez my refund is pending until the 21st
I think my size will be out by then
There were only 2-3 sz11.5s on eBay when I checked this morning

Back
Top Bottom