Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo.
Lebrons didn't get hot till the 7s or probably the 8s, and the SB colorway is what really pushed it forward. His last 3 iteration is the best, and that's not saying much for a shoe line with 10 iteration so far.

Are you serious??? Just because some CW caused a hypebeast riot doesn't mean it pushed anything forward, Lebron's were doing just great before the SB 8's saying a CW pushed forward entire line is border line ******ed.

Are Lebron's becoming more popular than ever yea but if you've been following his sig from the beginning then you would know that Lebron's were hot well before 7's.

Penny is an awesome heritage line.

However, it hurts me that his line received the frankenshoe treatment. word to people beasting over glow in da dark pods.

Call me stubborn, old, and stuck in da past but I cant mess w/ the zoom rookie/half cent nonsense.

Also,

I am the biggest LeBron fan but I feel like his "popularity" in sigs is a result over force feeding.

When i was growing up MJ shoes were directly correlated to the man on the court.

These days I only see people beasting over Brons for glow in da dark soles and pink and teal colorways.

Ah let me stop I sound like an old man right noe.

But to end, I think I show my age when the only X that have excited me so far are the Gold Medals, and the Homes (not home floridians) but the Homes.

Last edited:
RSVP here in Portland was over real quick. Lucky enough to snag a pair, missed out the first time.
7rvF3.png

The Penny line will forever be :smokin I don't mess with the post retirement kicks too much, but the sigs that came out during his playing days will forever be classics. :nthat:

Top 3 sig lines for me would have to be -

Jordan
Penny
LeBron

Are you serious??? Just because some CW caused a hypebeast riot doesn't mean it pushed anything forward, Lebron's were doing just great before the SB 8's saying a CW pushed forward entire line is border line ******ed.
Are Lebron's becoming more popular than ever yea but if you've been following his sig from the beginning then you would know that Lebron's were hot well before 7's.

AS LONG AS WERE TALKING ABOUT OPINIONS... YOULL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORCE THAT ON ANYONE... THE OTHER GUY INCLUDED... WHAT YOU BELIEVE AS HOT ISNT THE SAME TO SOMEONE ELSE...I WILL LAUGH ENORMOUS HAHA'S AT ANYONE THAT TELLS ME THE LEBRON 5 WAS HOT..BUT THATS JUST ME. ON THE CONTRARY, I LIKED THE 3'S AND 4'S....SO I DONT REALLY AGREE THAT IT STARTED WITH THE 7S...BUT I FEEL LIKE SOMETHING FINALLY CLICKED WITH THE 7S. BUT WHEN IT BOILS DOWN... ITS ALL SUBJECTIVE

In order from best to worst
Lebron 8 Purchase
Lebron 9 Pruchase
Lebron 1 Purchase
Lebron 4 Purchase
Lebron 7 Purchase
Lebron 2 Purchase
Lebron 3 Purchase

Lebron 10 Maybe purchase

Lebron 5 No purchase
Lebron 6 No purchasebron 6 No purchase

Last edited:
So now Lebron shoes are only good from the 7 up?
What about the 3, and 4s?
You people have got to be kidding me!
Lol

I was fan of the lebron line since the zoom generation and basically owned the 1-4 when they initially came out. Before the lebron 7, nobody was fuqing with the lbj line heavy. And YES , love it or hate it, the sb8 transcended the line and popularized it to the masses. Also the lbj5 is attrocious and definately the worst in the line.

So now Lebron shoes are only good from the 7 up?
What about the 3, and 4s?
You people have got to be kidding me!
Lol
Facts are facts. I liked the zoom generations but after that his line was a fail imo until the 7s. Dude has some seriously ugly shoes that no one cared about up until 7. That's just real. The Lebron thirst didn't start until about 7 or 8.

I dont care what anybody says, but the V's are a very good bball shoe. They may not look great or have any causal appeal but thats not a its primary function. Plus they are engineered for a 260 lbs 6'9" monster. The VII started pulling in the general population due to looks (air max) and weight, and the line caught fire from there.

Jades are indeed a general release....all 5 store in my mall will have these, footlocker, champs, footaction, shoe palace, shiekh...my champs never gets any limted releases btw...who ever came up with the term limited general release is just trying to build hype so the product moves imo..
I think it depends on where you live.  Vegas has about 20 to 30 shoe stores and so far I only know of the HOH and Niketown getting them and there doing rsvp and raffles.   Normally when a shoe is a general release out here all 20 to 30 stores will get them and HOH wont do a raffle..   I guess it depends on what part of the country you are in.   I know that in other parts of the country there doing raffles too.    

Last edited:
I think it depends on where you live.  Vegas has about 20 to 30 shoe stores and so far I only know of the HOH and Niketown getting them and there doing rsvp and raffles.   Normally when a shoe is a general release out here all 20 to 30 stores will get them and HOH wont a do raffle..   I guess it depends on what part of the country you are in.   I know that in other parts of the country there doing raffles too.    
It's not a general release. The Nike Chicago RSVP closed in like 5 minutes. I think it's still limited like JM said.

I saw the Pressures at Foot Locker Friday and they look like sh*t. What's up with all the vaseline all over the shoe? This 10 is a flop, big time to myself. Blue Diamonds are the best ones i've seen in person and that isn't a compliment. 
I agree with you on the pressures.  They are ugly as hell to me.  I saw them in person today when i went to get my raffle ticket for the Jades.  I think by next fall though most people will say that the X's were a huge success.    Its only Nov and by the new year they will have dropped about 10 different colorways already and I bet Nike still has another 10 to 15 colorways planned for 2013. 

I know this isn't the lebron 10 id thread but i had id a christmas version of the 10. I think this is better than the lebron 10 christmas the official one or at least giving it a run for its money

5mn8d0.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I got my size yesterday, but found out today that my CC was compromised. Coincidence that on the day I give my CC# over the phone someone tries to book a first class ticket to Brazil?? Lol, now I gotta change all my autobilling nonsense. Not that you could have known that it would happen, just thought I'd share. The lady on the phone was so nice too.
mean.gif
thats sucks!   I saw the post too and when I went to the website it felt to good to be true to preorder the shoe for regular retail price.  When I do online purchases I only do paypal otherwise I wont buy online.

No one ever said they are GR.
go back a couple pages a lot of people on here have been claiming these are a general release and anyone that said otherwise was looked at as if they were just trying to hype the shoe.  smh
mean.gif
  My advice if you really want the shoe do your homework on them.  call around a week before to all your local sneaker spots.  Dont trust what you always hear in on the internet.   Select cities are getting a lot of them and some cities arent getting them at all. 

here in OKC the jades are releasing at a footlocker that doesn't even expect to sell out....I would cop but I RSVP to Nike Dallas for the SOL's

I know this isn't the lebron 10 id thread but i had id a christmas version of the 10. I think this is better than the lebron 10 christmas the official one or at least giving it a run for its money

5mn8d0.jpg

Id say add some green, but those are nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom