OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

A team owner displays open contempt and hatred for black men (who make up the vast majority of his Clipper players) and the only thing you can think to do, is to blame the woman and call her ratchet..

She's a straight up gold digging *** let's be honest. On top she's being used by sterling's wife for embezzling. Regardless of what he said in confidence, she is a ratchet *** who did this as a way to get at sterling for probably not getting his wife to drop suit. And she's hella ignorant too. Listen to the tape and some of the dumb ish she says

I'm not condoning at all what was said but in not surprised from it either. Like I said it's no secret he's been known to be racist this has just been put on Main Street now.

With that said it's gonna be sad if the players decide to give up. I could see it in the first they weren't there and gave it away. They tried to play it up in the second half but too late against a GS team making everything from 3 point land. They had discussed not even playing but decided against it.

I hope they don't tank and squander this great season.

For all these despicable revelations tumbling out of the hateful heart of Donald Sterling, there promises construction of a roadmap to redemption for the Los Angeles Clippers and the NBA. There's a way out for the most hated man in Los Angeles now, a way out for the commissioner's office and the owners responsible for long legitimizing and harboring a bigot and slumlord.

Magic Johnson and his billionaire backers, the Guggenheim Partners, want a chance to purchase the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. "Magic's absolutely interested," one source closely connected to Johnson's business interests told Yahoo Sports on Sunday night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/exit-s...sell-clippers-to-magic-johnson-073015142.html

^^^ Much as would like it to happen, I don't see DTS selling. He's said before he'd never sell the team and, sad as it is, I don't think what just happened is going to change his mind. He's just the kind of douche that is going to become even more determined to hold on to the team, just out of sheer stubborness and spite.

Damn I feel like this again..

View media item 942770
Here we are the best season ever... and now a part of me doesn't even want to watch anymore. For so long, the Clippers were a joke of a franchise, and I endured those countless years of failures, and now it all comes back full circle and it doesn't even involve the actual game of basketball. I guess Elgin was right all along.

View media item 942770
Here we are the best season ever... and now a part of me doesn't even want to watch anymore. For so long, the Clippers were a joke of a franchise, and I endured those countless years of failures, and now it all comes back full circle and it doesn't even involve the actual game of basketball. I guess Elgin was right all along.

It really does suck. I'd be lying if I said this Sterling incident hasn't impacted my excitement about the playoffs. And if I feel that way, I can only imagine how the players feel. The organization has made such strides in recent years to get to respectability and it all basically means nothing because the owner is still a moronic, racist, weirdo.

Sterling needs to go but even that has so many hurdles. I was rooting for the Clips yesterday, but I knew they were going to lose because it was essentially the entire world vs the Clippers. I think I had my fourth beer by 1215pm just anticipating that loss. I never cared for Sterling, hated him for quite a long time but I thought we finally turned it around when he finally opened his wallet and signed Baron Davis that one year. Things were improving so much and now this...

:smh: I was so pissed off that I even wanted to take off my Clipper license plate holder yesterday that I have had on my truck for the past 4 years. I didn't though... but maybe I should?

View media item 942770

Honestly I can't feel this way. If anything were to make me feel like this it would be if the squad tanks and throws the series and the season away. I feel that would not only be selfish and a disservice to us the fans, but it would also be to themselves as players. To work so hard and come so far from the depths of NBA ridicule and now be hailed as one of the elite teams in the league and just give it all up because of something that IS NOT NEW is more of an embarrassment.

Anyone that's walked into that organization and agreed to receive a paycheck from the Clippers is in no way blind to who or what Donald Sterling has done. I don't care there's no way possible that anyone there hasn't come across one of the various stories about him. The guy thew white parties in Malibu, where he would be the only one in all black, parading around hired models and asking his players if they liked what they saw. And this is just a fraction of the idiocy this guy would do. Yet they agreed to come here and play and that's what they need to do, play.

The team needs to understand that when we put on a jersey or a hat or shirt, we are cheering for them. The ones that are in the gym early in the morning, or out on the trails running laps. Spending hours before and after games. When we sit in the stands and lose our voices cheering, or are giving each other high five's we're doing it for them, NOT Sterling. Sterling is inconsequential to me when I sit to watch a game. Nobody has a jersey with Sterling on it. We rock the players and the team. The ones there playing their hearts out for us.

Charles Barkley made a good point last night when he said as much as what was said is detrimental to the team and players, not just Clipper players, Steph Curry wasn't thinking about that when he was playing his butt off and sinking those 3s.

I will continue to watch and support. I don't do it for Sterling I do it for the core team of guys. The fact Sterling is the one that ultimately benefits is unfortunate but it is what it is.

Last edited:

:smokin Good post. And yes I will continue to watch/support but it's annoying to continually hear story after story about Sterling and not about the game itself.

Clipper Darrel said it best... "still love the team, but hate the organization."

"To know that the man responsible for putting me on the team plane to attend a playoff game in 2006 didn't like Black people at his games is upsetting."

"Furthermore, to disrespect a legend like Magic Johnson who has dedicated his career to unite people, is a travesty."

Darryl also says he believes the audio explains why he received "unjust treatment" from the organization in the past.

"The question I have "what do you do when you love a team but dislike the organization?"

It's tough. The players want to win for themselves to get that ring, but it's hard not to remember that in the end when you win it'll be for his benefit as well. I really hope the Clips protest is simply them rocking Buffalo Braves jerseys instead of Clipper ones and not forfeiting the series.

any other Clippers fans need a hug right now? 
frown.gif

tumblr_mb55m6oUDq1rvkmi5.gif

Last edited:
any other Clippers fans need a hug right now? :frown:  

I do. Thanks, bro.

For real though, that's what we need. One big Clipper Nation M-effing hug-in at Staples. All races welcome. Show that the fans are as disgusted by DTS as everyone else.

any other Clippers fans need a hug right now? :frown:  

I've been so sad these last few days y'all :frown:

The thought of possibly losing OUR PLAYERS, OUR COACH and OUR TEAM because of this piece of **** is horrible.

I'm afraid of what will happen if the Sterling family somehow keeps control of the team, a suspension of any kind will not be enough.

I don't think the team going to his wife (who has documented prejudice behavior herself), or any other members of the family will be enough in the eyes of the players and coaches on our team and around the league.

Adam Silver please do what David Stern should have did a long time ago and save us :frown:

He's gonna get fined. And suspended. Whatever happens wont be enough. He's a pos. but fans will slowly forget about it and it'll be back to normal. Remember when people hated Kobe for cheating on his wife and wanting to leave lakers? Now they back to riding his d

you guys can all come down that hallway. Players and fans. We can unite as one..but be known as Lakers. our management isn't racist, just stupid.

you guys can all come down that hallway. Players and fans. We can unite as one..but be known as Lakers. our management isn't racist, just stupid.

Never!! I'mma get my Hornets or a Supersonics gear ready. Heck I'll flip to the Knicks lol

Never!! I'mma get my Hornets or a Supersonics gear ready. Heck I'll flip to the Knicks lol

I don't know about the Knicks (LOL), but pretty much any team other than LAL ... or the Heat ... or Bucks. Had a Lakers fan try to tell me yesterday that this current situation can be blamed on "basketball reasons." What??? That kind of comment prevents me from even thinking about crossing the hall.

Honestly I can't feel this way. If anything were to make me feel like this it would be if the squad tanks and throws the series and the season away. I feel that would not only be selfish and a disservice to us the fans, but it would also be to themselves as players. To work so hard and come so far from the depths of NBA ridicule and now be hailed as one of the elite teams in the league and just give it all up because of something that IS NOT NEW is more of an embarrassment.

Anyone that's walked into that organization and agreed to receive a paycheck from the Clippers is in no way blind to who or what Donald Sterling has done. I don't care there's no way possible that anyone there hasn't come across one of the various stories about him. The guy thew white parties in Malibu, where he would be the only one in all black, parading around hired models and asking his players if they liked what they saw. And this is just a fraction of the idiocy this guy would do. Yet they agreed to come here and play and that's what they need to do, play.

The team needs to understand that when we put on a jersey or a hat or shirt, we are cheering for them. The ones that are in the gym early in the morning, or out on the trails running laps. Spending hours before and after games. When we sit in the stands and lose our voices cheering, or are giving each other high five's we're doing it for them, NOT Sterling. Sterling is inconsequential to me when I sit to watch a game. Nobody has a jersey with Sterling on it. We rock the players and the team. The ones there playing their hearts out for us.

Charles Barkley made a good point last night when he said as much as what was said is detrimental to the team and players, not just Clipper players, Steph Curry wasn't thinking about that when he was playing his butt off and sinking those 3s.

I will continue to watch and support. I don't do it for Sterling I do it for the core team of guys. The fact Sterling is the one that ultimately benefits is unfortunate but it is what it is.

I get where your coming from in one aspect but there is no separating Sterling from the team..... AT ALL every seat filled in that Arena he see's dollars off of, every shirt, jersey, towel commercial etc etc he's getting payed off of it. That is the problem he's getting a profit off of hate & Ignorance.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 20m
ClipperBlog >> Yahoo! Sports Report: Doc Rivers May Leave Clippers of Donald Sterling Stays http://buzztap.com/-okw4fA

This &*$% is a disaster of epic proportions. Honestly, if we can somehow get rid of Sterling and keep the core members of the team together for next season, even if we don't get past the 1st round of the playoffs this year, I'll consider it a pretty significant victory.

If the team continues to win, all the better, but its just a crazy situation for the players and Doc to have to overcome and play through.

And here's another article that relayed Doc not staying http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-nba-could-deliver-knockout-blow-to-donald-sterling-093958859.html

I'm really at a loss for words and emotions right now.

The indefinite banishment which is what is speculated as the most severe thing Silver can do will be a big blow to his ego. And now that 15 sponsors have pulled out with under the condition of not returning if Sterling is at the helm will make it extremely hard even for his old stubborn **** to not see an exit is necessary.

If the Sterling family retains ownership, I see us remaining at the bottom of the barrel. Doc leaves. Then the players refuse to play. This is just gonna get messy real fast unless Silver has an answer.

Got a test in about a hour but I'm blowing studying off to listen to this press conference. :smokin

Banned for life.

Adam Silver > Donald Sterling

Adam Silver > David Stern

Last edited:
Banned for life.

Adam Silver > Donald Sterling

Adam Silver > David Stern

Wow. The new commish is not messing around. Good riddance to the Donald. Hopefully, he'll have the decency to just move along with out a fight, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom