[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

He made a key error just now; Beltran should've gotten that ball, and Willingham would've been held at first. Then the infielders would've been indouble-play position, and they might've had a play on Uggla's groundball.

Once Maine came out of the game early cause of shoulder stiffness, I text my boy saying the Mets won't win tonight with a small 2-0 lead.

Now the Fish have the lead.

roll.gif

This has NOT been easy with the pen going in from the 5th inning, that usually spells disaster for ANY team, but Scho did everything he could till Ramon failedto smother that pitch......then bam base hit. He was one strike away from getting out of a bases loaded, no out jam.

If Maine went his normal 6 IP this is a different ball game. I don't know what's up with dude and his cramps/stiffness DURING games, this is the 2ndtime already.

Mets have Ollie/Pelfrey next two games, keep the focus on winning the series as they have been doing for a month.

we need some bullpen help, go get a solid RP and ibanez DO IT OMAR!!

anyway, were gonna take the series with solid games from pelf and ollie... lets do it metsiessss

Screw Ibanez, Mariners want some good prospects for his old +$$. I doubt the Mets will make any moves for a corner outfielder, Tatis/Chavez should be fine theway delusional last place teams are asking for too much.

An added bullpen arm would be nice though, Smith is usually solid but he hasn't been sharp his last 2 outings, and with Maine leaving early that was theballgame.

I wouldn't mind going after Fuentes, but I don't think the Rockies are going to sell anymore. They could make a serious run out west.

This year, the Mets record when the starting pitcher goes 6+ is
27 - 10, .730 winning percentage

When they don't get past the 6th inning it's
29 - 40, .420 winning percentage

2 of the last 3 games we've gone through virtually every reliever in the pen only to lose - putting major pressure on the next day starter. Muniz is notcutting it as a middle reliever (granted, they are usually used in blowouts and mainly suck anyways, we need someone more reliable who can pitch 2-3 inningsand give the pen a break).

On the bright side, Neise has been promoted to AAA. I hope during September call-ups we can see Kunz up here. An 8th inning power arm would be great.

Wasn't Nelson released?

As for Armas....

Injuries
SP Tony Armas Abdominal DL
2B Luis Castillo Quadriceps DL
RF Ryan Church Post-concussion syndrome DL
SP Pedro Martinez Bereavement, shoulder, groin Out
RF Trot Nixon Groin DL
LF Angel Pagan Shoulder DL
RP Matt Wise Shoulder DL
SP Jason M. Vargas Hip DL
RP Ambiorix Burgos Elbow DL
LF Moises Alou Hamstring DL
SP Orlando Hernandez Foot DL
SP John Maine Shoulder Questionable

He's just added to the long list of injuries.

Here's the lineup for Tuesday night's Mets-Marlins game:
Reyes, ss
Evans, lf
Wright, 3b
Delgado, 1b
Beltran, cf
Tatis, rf
Easley, 2b
Castro, c
Perez, lhp

Not too craz about Evans batting 2nd, hope Ollie continues his excellent pitching...won't be easy vs this right-handed lineup.

If anything I would prefer A Reyes at 2nd and Easley in the outfield, but Reyes may get a start tomm.

Here are some pregame items from stormy Dolphins Stadium: (from nydailynews mets blog)

• No major surprise: With Pedro Martinez returning from bereavement leave, Willie Collazo has been returned to Triple-A New Orleans. Collazo did not appearin a game.

• The Mets have all but abandoned the idea of using Pedro Martinez in relief tonight. Instead, Martinez will throw on the side in preparation forFriday's start against the Astros. "In the heat of a pennant race, it's difficult to find that right situation," Jerry Manuel said.

• Ryan Church is a go for batting practice today, but it might be indoors because of inclement weather. "My luck it'll rain," said Church, whojoked he'd take swings one way or another, even if it was at reporters..

• Ambiorix Burgos, the hard-throwing reliever acquired from the Royals two winters ago, is visiting the Mets today. Burgos has been throwing off a mound for20 days and expects to pitch in a minor-league game for the first time Saturday. He had Tommy John elbow surgery last August.

• Manuel indicated before the weekend that Argenis Reyes was in for a serious bump in playing time, yet Damion Easley is starting for a third straight gametonight. Manuel said the reasons are Easley is swinging the bat well and his quadriceps has improved. Manuel predicted Reyes would start Wednesday's seriesfinale.

• Manuel said he'd be intrigued about hard-throwing Binghamton closer Eddie Kunz joining the bullpen. But the interim manager said any such dialoguehadn't yet reached his level yet, indicating nothing imminent along those lines.

I like how Keith and Gary didn't mention that Jose totally missed the bag on that double play.
laugh.gif

Let's see if they point it out once they return from commercial break.

I didn't even notice he missed the bag, but it was a double play don't you just have to be in the vicinity?
laugh.gif

Maine has a mild strain on his rotator cuff (shoulder), will rejoin the team in Houston.

They will call it if you are near the bag. It's some kind of rule that the umps will mention if managers ever try to argue that.

This dude is SWEATING in that Fl humidity!
eek.gif

Son's hat is DRENCHED. Never seen that.

And yeah, you guys are right about that in-the-vicinity rule.

Back
Top Bottom