Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

if you compare the collar (croc print area) the cuts are bulky and fat, whereas the real one is sleek and long.  the fake looks like it has embossed croc which is weird.  the suede panel especially in the heel are way off.  as mentioned shape is terrible.  the widow's peak in the toe is another indicator as well.

Just my luck, I received the Premiers and the toe box is looking like this

Not what I'd expect paying £170

does anyone know the product code and release date for the red and purple 997 to the left of the horween 997?

Can anyone tell what color the white color is? Nimbus Cloud maybe? Oyster? Those are mad clean

Just got a call from J-Crew regarding the NightHawks. Was told they are releasing online and in New York this Tuesday ( I live in Boston and she did not know if they were getting them). Which is a little strange to me just because their asics are releasing that day as well. The stylist Sheila tiold me they will sell out quicker than previous NB's because they are more limited. I guess well see. I cancelled my preorder because I still haven't seen them and am going to take my chances in-store.

Just got a call from J-Crew regarding the NightHawks. Was told they are releasing online and in New York this Tuesday ( I live in Boston and she did not know if they were getting them). Which is a little strange to me just because their asics are releasing that day as well. The stylist Sheila tiold me they will sell out quicker than previous NB's because they are more limited. I guess well see. I cancelled my preorder because I still haven't seen them and am going to take my chances in-store.
Hmmm. They also said the HTB's were going to be more limited too. I feel like most of the stylists don't know the actual details. 

Jcrew loves to tell people what they want to hear. They say every nb release will be limited. At this point i stopped paying attention when those stylist say that. They just wanna sell the item. Its no point in preordering because the fiasco with my htb preorder. And based on the small pic i saw of the nighthawks im not impressed. It will probably be as limited as ultramarines and we all know that colorway was plentiful

Jcrew loves to tell people what they want to hear. They say every nb release will be limited. At this point i stopped paying attention when those stylist say that. They just wanna sell the item. Its no point in preordering because the fiasco with my htb preorder. And based on the small pic i saw of the nighthawks im not impressed. It will probably be as limited as ultramarines and we all know that colorway was plentiful
there is a point on doing pre orders in case you can apply codes (like the ultramarines release). Also, you have more insurance in getting a pair than not doing a pre order. Also if you dont like it, you can return it for full regund

Originally 
As i stated in my experiences with jcrew there hasnt been a release that didnt make it online. As for an insurance with their preorders the likelihood of any of their releases not being online is unlikely. I preordered the htb months before the release had my preorder cancled they called again say the preorder was back on and i would receive them a day or so before release dodnt get them when they said i would called kcrew and raised hell only to get them a week after the release do that preorder bs is jus bs

Last edited:
yepp i agree with whole pre-order thing is just BS.... alot of HTB still on the site... and I would like a clear pic of the Nightshade before making a decision.

yepp i agree with whole pre-order thing is just BS.... alot of HTB still on the site... and I would like a clear pic of the Nightshade before making a decision.

Seriously the fact that they're putting up preorder as an option for something nobody has seen yet is crazy to me. Should change the name to "Just give us $180 and trust us..."

Just my luck, I received the Premiers and the toe box is looking like this

Not what I'd expect paying £170

A suede eraser should get that out, hopefully pretty easily. I used a pentel hi-polymer eraser on my 998cels (as a test) and it worked out really well. Didn't even need to brush the suede. Sucks that your sneakers came like that.

hehe premier described the current restock as "sorting through loose ends"
more like lets keep saying it sold out to make them feel like they keep striking out. :lol:

Last edited:
An unmentioned thing about those fake 997: the box size.  The concepts boxes are huge, in those pics it looks like a regular box with silver paper glued on lol.  Concepts box is also croc print.

Your also talking to "stylist" from j crew they just want you to buy their product so they're gonna tell you things like that...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom