Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Did these run bigger than your normal 998 sizing?  Or did you get them in your normal 998 size?

thanks!
I managed to get one of the last 9.5s before they sold out. These are nice, I really like them. Retail was $240, but hey - all those extra laces are expensive...
laugh.gif

Totally weird thing happened to me yesterday.   Well a bit of a backstory first.   One of my NB1 purchases last month came with the midsole slightly unglued.  Longstory short, I returned them and was told I can remake that same shoe, however the NB1 color wheel changed by the time the return was processed....So no go, got a $40+$10 coupon instead.  Well yesterday, I'm surfing the bay and low and behold, the shoe I made and returned to NB was being sold!!   So it appears that NB returns are just resold to an outlet or random person(s) on the cheap. 

I had to recop them, with the slight defect and all.   The blue kois are coming back to papa.  :smokin

That's great luck, nice you were able to get them back. I can vouch that Nike does the exact same thing, I had done some Kobe 6 ID in college that i was underwhelmed with, found em on the bay from a seller in Florida about a month later, had my exact same ID'ed quote on the tongue :lol:

Did you get a pair? He just tweeted that it's sold out. And how much was it?
I managed to get one of the last 9.5s before they sold out. These are nice, I really like them. Retail was $240, but hey - all those extra laces are expensive... :lol:

Dope pics, bro.

How is the sizing on them?
:nerd:

EDIT: Saw the post above. :smokin

-Drew

Last edited:

So it appears that NB returns are just resold to an outlet or random person(s) on the cheap. 
returns are resold in the clearance section of outlets.... resellers buy from outlets {all outlets only sell "seconds"} and i'm guessing some resellers don't clearly indicate that they are selling seconds. you were lucky you knew what you were getting. when you bought them, did the seller indicate that these were "seconds"?

Last edited:
No mistake. The retail was too high for these, especially on black friday. A lot of people passed.

GR's retail for 250$ all the time..granted a lot go on sale etc & copped that way. I'll take a 240$ made in USA all day...looks like ppl still copped

GR's retail for 250$ all the time..granted a lot go on sale etc & copped that way. I'll take a 240$ made in USA all day...looks like ppl still copped
Yeah, but I don't know anyone who actually pays full retail for GR's. The majority of the people who post in the NB thread get most of their GR's at 50% off at some point...

Every RF release "sells out." Meaning they usually pull the stock when they feel it's necessary to create more hype. Who knows... maybe they really did sell out... but I think they sat longer than usual due to it being black friday.

I plan on copping on the worldwide release. I'm hoping Concepts gets them so I can pay a flat $240.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I don't know anyone who actually pays full retail for GR's. The majority of the people who post in the NB thread get most of their GR's at 50% off at some point...

Every RF release "sells out." Meaning they usually pull the stock when they feel it's necessary to create more hype. Who knows... maybe they really did sell out... but I think they sat longer than usual due to it being black friday.

I plan on copping on the worldwide release. I'm hoping Concepts gets them so I can pay a flat $240.

I'm sure Nike expected Aqua 8's to sell out too..I wait as well for a sale etc on NB vs paying full retail. Paying 240$ once isn't gonna kill pockets after copping others on discount. These won't get discounted unfortunately. Terrible how Made in USA products get "oh too much" but plastic/faux leather Maroon 6 at 220 or Pusha's at 200 is a good buy. I don't get it but then again I'm 40

Back
Top Bottom