Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I can't wait to get mine in the mail.

They look incredible

Not my photo**

Dope. I just ordered those jeans as well.

Last edited:
They've been doing it for years and aren't too strict about it. Some employees only ask for a screenshot of school related email.
Congrats but don't let that keep you from using the discount. I graduated college ten years ago and still use my old student ID for larger purchases.

Lol yeah I graduated 2 years a go and still keep my college ID with me and they usually still accept it... Those butterscotch 997s are :smokin

And in my country they are approx 450 (2x Mayhead of market 1.5
$450 here too.

I mostly just sit here super salty every time a new Jcrew drops. It's like having to pay resell for a new shoe.

Makes it all the more painful when you consider Jcrew don't sell in any other boutique. Not to mention NB collabs seem to be less frequent than most other retro runners.

Man, I hope they restock again.  I thought I was gonna be slick and use J. Crew's credit card 15% off initial purchase offer + double reward points + eBates.  

Applied and was approved for the card b/c they worded it like I'd be able to use it immediately for an online purchase.  Nope!  
mean.gif

Then in the time between approval and trying to figure out how I could use my new card, my size vanished.  Guess I won't ever do that again.  

Man, I hope they restock again.  I thought I was gonna be slick and use J. Crew's credit card 15% off initial purchase offer + double reward points + eBates.  

Applied and was approved for the card b/c they worded it like I'd be able to use it immediately for an online purchase.  Nope!  :smh:  

Then in the time between approval and trying to figure out how I could use my new card, my size vanished.  Guess I won't ever do that again.  

Try calling in for an order to see if they have sizes left. And next time call when you open a store card because you will get the discount first, even if you don't get approved for the card later.

Last edited:
he has a size 11 or 11.5 listed but has no other sizes. i messaged him yesterday soon as you mention and he respond with "no stock". the search continues. he prob gonna be like wtf when other dude message him and ask same thing in a 24hr span. lol

nighthawks and concrete jungles have been driving me nuts trying to find. one u on ebay has my size jungle and just wants too much imo($275). honestly though i have been thinking about it hard as its the only pair in my size i can find and i will be butt hurt if they sell. it's just a crazy price for a factory second shoe. i wish i could forget about them but for some reason that's not happening.

The DSAIs are flames; only reason I haven't picked up the Butterscotches. Keep looking at my closet and I got nothing to match the Saddle Brown Butterscotches, but my light wash jeans with a pinroll will match the Boater Tan DSAIs easy

I haven't really noticed much of a difference in fit between my PRMR and my RO. I can feel slightly thinner suede (and my PRMRs are super wrinkly when felt; don't look wrinkly though), but the fit itself is okay; Puff is there, but I kinda like how it makes the PRMRs look; also had a smoother midsole feel underfoot if that makes sense; you can feel the where the soft segment under the toebox starts and the hard part ends on the RO while the PRMR is mostly soft. Haven't tried any of the other newer CWs or limited colabs though
yeah my prmr's fit perfect and i would expect same out of the do's as another member said he had issue with his csef's fitting larger than his do's both same size. i am just starting to be leary of anything that has released in last few months. seems like from the fieg cns's were the first with few more too follow. sucks because i do not live anywhere close to a place were i could try on any new nb's. i pretty much have to order everything aside from what i can pick up at my local mickey mouse mall. footlocker, finish line, and champs is about as good as it gets around here. and even then we do not get some of the more limited releases. no pair of yeezy's has ever been sold anywhere and stuff like ovo's & db's you can hang it up. if there is not a million made Tallahassee does not get them.

TIMETOSHOP code works for a couple 998 and 1400 NBs on Jcrew. Picked up the Royalty 998 for 30% off.

TIMETOSHOP code works for a couple 998 and 1400 NBs on Jcrew. Picked up the Royalty 998 for 30% off.

Picked up my Royalty's a few weeks ago and I definitely am happy i picked them up. Shape was on point and the stock pics do not do the shoes color justice.

yeah my prmr's fit perfect and i would expect same out of the do's as another member said he had issue with his csef's fitting larger than his do's both same size. i am just starting to be leary of anything that has released in last few months. seems like from the fieg cns's were the first with few more too follow. sucks because i do not live anywhere close to a place were i could try on any new nb's. i pretty much have to order everything aside from what i can pick up at my local mickey mouse mall. footlocker, finish line, and champs is about as good as it gets around here. and even then we do not get some of the more limited releases. no pair of yeezy's has ever been sold anywhere and stuff like ovo's & db's you can hang it up. if there is not a million made Tallahassee does not get them.
I feel you man; I took a gamble dropping $$$ on my first few 997s/998s but made sure I did some quick research before I handed over cash: when they arrived, they fit perfect. Not sure how it'll be with the newest few releases; I know NB has been changing the composition of the 998s specifically and it's been changing the shape

I really wish there was a store around where I live too. We have an NB store like 15 minutes away from where I live, but sadly it's owned by a schmuck who doesn't even stock 574s, let alone 997s or 998s; the just have the athletic runners gear and apparel; I don't even know how they're in business still

Last edited:
Well I just got home from college and realized that my foot has grown a half size. Looks like 40 pairs of shoes are down the drain.  If anyone wants to size swap some size 8 997's for my 7.5's, HMU :frown:

Well I just got home from college and realized that my foot has grown a half size. Looks like 40 pairs of shoes are down the drain.  If anyone wants to size swap some size 8 997's for my 7.5's, HMU :frown:

Have you tried them on with either thinner or no insoles?

Back
Top Bottom