Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The amount of complaints about discounts, exclusivity and the whole release in general is mind blowing. J crew really layed all the cards on the table even getting the instore release without going in the store was cake

Discount would be nice but only reason I'm not going to contact them about the discount was The service was great. Jcrew made this purchase easy and hassle free. They even provided the customers with donuts and hot coffee. 

Fantastic pickup and price on the GG! one of the best 998 and still eludes me, shape is great. I don't even think you need to bother with a repaint, they look awesome
pimp.gif

coming from a Jcrew worker.
most stores got 20-30 pairs with special box.
online there was a total on 900 pairs.
I was shocked seeing them still available over the weekend but happy to see that people got their pairs to wear.

damn just realized that those numbers might be motivation for resellers to keep them at those prices.

regardless, got my pair & I'm loving it. first pair of NBs since highschool when I got 574 & got clowned lol

thats how I reacted when I saw them. I thought it was a mirage..... and quickly purchased them like it was a supreme drop and someone was going to cart jack me lol 

Fantastic pickup and price on the GG! one of the best 998 and still eludes me, shape is great. I don't even think you need to bother with a repaint, they look awesome
pimp.gif

yea i never ever see them for sale, or in general. If you saw the rest of the shoe and the other you'd see the white is a little more rough then pictured. I'm happy the grey suede is still in decent condition. 

thanks guys!

Last edited:

Can't believe the Butterscotch's sold out over the weekend! I bet some stores still have some left in stock, which is funny b/c only in store do you get the special packaging, but online with regular packaging is already depleted. Glad i have my in store pair sitting at home. Has anyone looked at how many pairs, and the extreme prices of these on the Bay? If they really end up selling for $400-$500, how can i justify keeping my pair, and not doubling my money? I need to just go ahead and wear them and ruin them being DS so i'm not tempted to list them anymore...LOL
yeah i seen that, for a brief second i thought about buying a pair to resell later on......then i remembered i hate reseller's and what they do to the market, then proceeded to check back every hour until they sold out. a year from now i will prob fall in love with the color way and want to kick my self in the balls for passing multiple times.

Last edited:
butterscotch will be at my door saturday.  you guys should be seeing movement too.  pictures look great but i'm still anxious to see these in hand

Last edited:
butterscotch will be at my door saturday.  you guys should be seeing movement too.  pictures look great but i'm still anxious to see these in hand

Got my tracking and it said they should be here by Wednesday. Looking forward to rocking them this weekend.

Didn't get a chance to post last saturday during the release.  Picked up my pair from the downtown Chicago J.Crew store.  Easy pick-up but the hardest part was dealing with the St. Patty's day parade
mad.gif
laugh.gif

name should be reselllove man if your that tempted to resell a shoe
I've never resold/sold a shoe before, and I only own New balances. So the NBlove definitely fits :wink: but doubling an investment is doubling an investment, and that is always tempting. I really do love this shoe though. The brown goes with EVERYTHING!

Back
Top Bottom