Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I have a narrow foot so I think I'll be ok

JP2 and JP3 shape are faithful to the OG. The complaining comes from Western sneakerheads who prefer the current 1300 shape which is sleeker and pairs well with skinny jeans/joggers. In Asia (Japan/S. Korea), there is no complaining bc it fits their aesthetic.

You're probably right... I'm willing to bet that when they made the 2015 with the sleek shape that the Japanese consultants complained that there was no bulk in the toe. This strangely makes the shoe even more appealing for me.

A bunch of 990v4 boots x Black Panther just arrived at my local Marshall’s, $60
4243A3CA-83AD-48E0-918D-ACA1BDA61769.jpeg

12E840AF-E2DB-4BCD-B4B9-50683DA8C653.jpeg

Did they happen to have an 11.5? :smile:

Question for the NB historians in here regarding the 1300JP. It seems like NB is pretty committed to reproducing the 1300 as close to its original form every time they re-release it. I've seen everywhere, though, that the 2010 model has the best shape out of the recent releases. The last two releases seem to have that bulbous toe box (my pair included). And when I look at the few pics of the 1985 version that are available, some angles show a bulbous toe box as well.

So, I guess what I'm asking is... could the last two 1300JP releases actually be MORE faithful to the original release than the 2010 version (which is more highly touted for its shape)? This is major nerd-ing but I'm just curious. Just confused as to why the shape is so inconsistent across the board...

I remember this same discussion came up in 2015 due to the more bulbous toebox that year. IIRC, the consensus was that the 2015 shape was most accurate to the OG shape.

Last edited:
Skip the V5 and go for the V4; squizzy3000 squizzy3000 would approve, and i personally think these are harder to get than the V5 that actually got released in Asia AND Europe:

thanks so much for this website, it has quite a few pairs of the V4 that I want! Unfortunately no Grey V4's in a size 9.5!

Back
Top Bottom