Official Nike HyperDunk Thread... Kobe PEs(away and home) now available.

How do you think these shoes would stand in a good leg workout that had squats, lunges, leg presses and deadlifts???

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Code6

First thoughts...

i thought just trying them on with just walking around, that the responsivness and cushioning were good but not great in comparison to other great zoom shoes. But man was I wrong, once you jog, run, jump, and land, the cushioning is unbelievable. Literally like a cloud. Just wicked. Probably the most unique cushioning I have ever felt. Not mushy or stiff, just feels right almost propelling you into your next step.

Fit is great. loving the high ankle - low back similar to the bb 1. Toe box is a pretty accomodating for wider feet. Flywire does exactly what it says. I don't think durability is gonna to be any problem. Lacing system provides multiple options similar to the 2k5 i guess. Like said above no such thing as a break-in period. Stability is 10/10.

One down, is socks higher than the shoe are a must for ballin. ankles may suffer when laced all the way, with low-cut socks on. Ankle protection is all there 10/10. It really cradles the ankle during cuts. But wish the ankle had a little softer feel.

Shoe is very light. Definently the lightest kicks in my rotation. The weight matched with the cushioning and response is a performance beast on the court.

Looks wise (kobe olym. colorway): Wishing the flywire was all red not just a little bit the medial side. If not that, a red border on the swoosh woulda been killer to. But I highly doubt these will been anywhere other than on the hardwood. Because the shoe has performance written all over it, no wonder why damn near every international player will be rocking these in August. Guards and Bigs will love it, not too often that happens.

Changing of the guard is about to happen..Thank you huarache 2k4, 2k5. Welcome the hyperdunk.

Thanks for the insight. All I read are pretty much pros..I wear higher cut socks for balling anyways so I don't think that would be a problem. "Thank you 2k4, 2k5. Welcome the hyperdunk"....wow, now I'm really excited. I'm still using my 2k5s which I think are incredible basketball shoes. I actually like the way the Hyperdunks look as well. I'm contemplating getting two pairs of the black colorway..one to ball in, and one to wear casually.

yeha I like the black ones too, but the front toe part is suede, or nubuck and its going to look dusty really fast.

That's never been a problem for me. All I do is wipe the part with my fingers and it looks good as new. At least on my retro IXs, XIVs, VIIs, andXVIs.

all black hyperdunks are on the nike.com/unitedkingdom website retailing at £85 or $170 last time i checked there not even on the nike usa site. I already havea pair there awesome.

I got curious and decided to try on a pair today... super light... almost feels like the shoes will fall apart because they're so thin and light
laugh.gif
...very nice indeed... roomier in the toebox than what I was expecting... this is just me, but I'd go 1/2 a size down...

HMack007 wrote:
How do you think these shoes would stand in a good leg workout that had squats, lunges, leg presses and deadlifts???

You really should use a shoe with a sole that is the complete opposite of these. Olympic weight lifting shoes generally have a wooden heel for areason.

After letting all the colorways sink in my favorites are the Aussie's and Germany's.. I hope Eastbay sells the Aussie's since they are selling abunch of the Olympic colorways.

so when the Olympic pairs release on eastbay will they have the personal touches or will they just have the regular symbols on like the blackouts and the usapair have?

Originally Posted by iMaGe619

Hyperdunks in all black, and the usa's (not the Kobe's) are on www.pickyourshoes.com for $109.

Do you know if they actually have them and ship them out upon order, or will they ship on the 21st? i.e. do they put shoes up early as a preorder or do theyactually ship early? I've never dealt with PYS before.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Hyperdunks in all black, and the usa's (not the Kobe's) are on www.pickyourshoes.com for $109.

Do you know if they actually have them and ship them out upon order, or will they ship on the 21st? i.e. do they put shoes up early as a preorder or do they actually ship early? I've never dealt with PYS before.

I think they usually note that on the page if that's the case. I think they're probably in stock already.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Do you know if they actually have them and ship them out upon order, or will they ship on the 21st? i.e. do they put shoes up early as a preorder or do they actually ship early? I've never dealt with PYS before.

they have them in stock. they never put up a shoe that's not in stock.

Back
Top Bottom