OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

So did Kobe wear these last night or not? I fully expected to come in here to see shots of them on the court but its still the same Grinch talk. :smh:

We got bambozzled lol. Maybe he'll bust them out in a road game? :nerd:

Why no like the Grinch talk? Maybe if we don't refer to them as Grinch then we can talk about it?
I would like to see a Grinch colorway but not completely green(the same shade), with red and black hits. Something different just to see how they can turn them into a potential classic like some of you say the VI were, into something that might make some forget about the VI (i didn't really care for the scales on the VI over time, eventually sold all 5 pairs that I bought). With a better canvas they should be able to turn it into something interesting. Some might like it some still thinks VI > but in the end everybody can have something they would be happy of owning for years to come or until they beat up their pair to the ground and waits for the next "Grinch".

Having another Grinch colorway would be like having another Dark Knight colorway....oh wait.....

Via Nike Basketball Facebook

...and the reason why they went with 8 instead of VIII

Last edited:
4c8f1d27_263640_10151173689901309_1960332067_n.jpeg

And since there is no 8 iD thread yet, looking at this picture i was thinking where the personal iD would be located on iD and this would be it (the shiny part of the heel clip). Would be a nice added detail if there was an etched "24" on the release pairs. Maybe they'll put an animal on there again. :stoneface:

Everybody was tripping on the two stripes awhile back and now that the official pics with the socks debut everyone was like :nerd:

he wont wear the kobe 8's till after christmas.

i dont care what version is the christmas color. just give me something.

Last edited:
I know this really doesn't matter but I love the simplicity of the Kobe 8 box it just looks clean, even the little Nike swoosh on the bottom left corner sets it off.

So just the rim of the box is yellow. Nice touch nonetheless. Cool to see something different with the box 3 years in a row just gotta put more emphasis with the shoe design to go along with that :rolleyes The shirt on the upper right is already out on Eastbay i believe.

can't say that i'm feeling any cw yet, i think simplier colorways will work better with the shoe
that back of shoe is best looking part shoe

Back
Top Bottom