OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
i want to! first i need to find a pair on the cheap i dont mind beating up. the red ones are just so nice and clean for casual wear.

i've put about 100 miles on each one of my pairs (mc/red/volt/oreo) and they hold pretty well. once i clean the midsoles, you can't really tell that i've put any miles on them :smile:

DID SOMETHING RELEASE ONLINE TODAY?!

or did the thread really just move 8 pages in a day over nonsense

can we make a separate thread for non hypebeast/bandwagon/black-white loving NTers...

I wouldn't say complete nonsense. They released at various Foot Lockers and it's been a mix of people saying where they're available/where they're sold out.

Now that's how they should be doing it. 1 per and then all the resellers will go away... or bring 20 family members with them...

Just picked up an 11.5 from here

Worker said they only got 28 pairs and all that's left is 11.5 and up.

And I Just cancelled my size 11 order from Nike Running at the Grove in LA. And tomorrow morning I'll be canceling my 11.5 order from Nike Running in NY (near hunter college). So there's that.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding steaming a pair of flyknits. Ive heard that steaming the flyknit shoe shrinks it.

Does it work and whats the process like?

Also say the pattern of the upper is similar to an oreo or multicolor, does it ruin the pattern of the knit once you shrink it?

Just left Nike standford not too long ago. Didn't have my size. Smallest was a 10 when I got there. Picked it up in hopes of a size swap. Didn't want to leave empty handed

This shoe is more available it seems & it's the hardest BY FAR for me to get a size 10 in smh. Don't need them but damn........sure would be nice.

Does anyone know any stores that have a size 8.5 still in stock? Called all over the place and the smallest size I found was a 9. Some help would be appreciated.

My pairs showed up over the weekend..

No complaints about RRS from me.. They held me down.. As per usual..

Not the biggest fan of these but $206 for two pairs was a no brainer..

Where'd you find a size 9?

Nike Running Store Palo Alto. I called 20 mins ago and the smallest size was a 9 but I think it's sold by now. I had a friend call right after asking for his size 9.5 and the smallest they had was a 10.5. Lmao!

I have a question regarding steaming a pair of flyknits. Ive heard that steaming the flyknit shoe shrinks it.

Also say the pattern of the upper is similar to an oreo or multicolor, does it ruin the pattern of the knit once you shrink it?

If you have an iron with a steam setting , hover the iron over the toe box for 30-60 seconds then put your foot in and it gives a nice mold to your feet without being too tight. I do it to all my racers. In no way messes up the weave or pattern

Last edited:

The easiest way to do it, in my opinion, is to boil a pot of water. Once it's steaming, hold your knits, mainly the toebox, over the pot until you start to see the upper kinda contract. This happens in about 20-40 seconds with racer uppers, but it varies. Before they get "cool," put them on your feet and lace them up. 

While steaming is a good way to shrink up your flyknits, I wouldn't say that it's advisable in all situations. I personally would't try to steam racers more than a half or full size, but it definitely works, but just be careful. It doesn't ruin the pattern of the upper, but with the racer's toebox being pretty thin, it might make your big toe rest pretty snug against the upper. In time, it will loosen back up a bit.

Last edited:
These are nice, but I'm honestly trying to figure out why they are so hyped. I could understand the new MCs, because of the old MCs, but that's it. These are basically a rerelease, which sat for awhile. I don't care people like the shoe, I just don't like that it's become so difficult to obtain.

for everyone that got a new pair of the b/w flyknit racers, how did the flywire turn out for you? Does the flywire at the top loophole feel too short/look too short?

Back
Top Bottom