OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I've actually wanted flyknits since I've seen the pics of the 2012 Olympic team wearing them. Did a little research and then I got into them, but I still only have one pair and they're lunars...kicking myself for not jumping on the trainers when I could have

lets end the Kanye talk. Flyknit were popular because of the olympics and the advances it made in runners.

What ever happened to FLyknit Collective? Anyone want to break out their HTM and take some pictures?

lets end the Kanye talk. Flyknit were popular because of the olympics and the advances it made in runners.

What ever happened to FLyknit Collective? Anyone want to break out their HTM and take some pictures?

THIS is what had me an addict from day 1 when they put the press release out back in February 2012. Check the very beginning of the thread & you'll see some of us in here back then clamoring over our opportunity to finally get a pair after they kept teasing...and teasing...and teasing...AND TEASING with Oregon T&F trial race pairs & multiple HTM pairs that came out nowhere near us. Had nothing at all to do with Kanye at all. The fact they're a hot shoe attracted a lot of people as well, it's not because of one person at all.

These flyknits to me represent a well-crafted, unique, next-level, lightweight & comfortable shoe that can be pulled off with many styles depending on the pair you get & the possibilities are endless with them.

I miss the early days when it wasn't crazy tracking down the pairs I wanted & every one of us that wanted them could actually get them & knew we appreciated them(even if I am one of the only people that doesn't like unpadded trainers, give me padded ANY day, praying for a padded re-release of the blue glow/university red/orange-blue glow trainers PLEASE)

Lmao at Kanye "making flyknits popular".

You sir are obviously a hype beast to even associate flyknits to him.

I bought the shoe on release week for their intended use (to run in).

Olympic athletes wearing them> Kanye wearing them

Your so called 'leather skirts' are actually called kilts. Kilts have been popular along with dropped crotch trousers amongst the goth ninja (widely referred to but unofficial name of the aesthetic) style of dress and that trend blew up around 2010. It was then adapted by street goths which are people who take elements of the goth ninja and incorporated them into street-wear (ie: kanye). Now it is making its way into every wannabe self-proclaimed fashion enthusiast's wardrobe.

I took my time to post this because I feel people are misnaming kilts 'leather skirts' and mocking them due to ignorance. And they can actually work nicely with a proper outfit (generally not streetwear).
Im aware of what kilts are. The general consensus of kilts are scottish people wearing them with bagpipes and whatnot. When Kanye wore the leather kilt, people were flaming him for wearing a "leather skirt". I was just referring back to the flame to reiterate my point that despite Kanye's choice of wardrobe, it didn't make kilts popular for streetwear. Thus Kanye wearing flyknits did not make flyknits popular.

People always feel need to "explain" themselves and post stories about (how/why/who) they got into flyknits or any other shoes for that matter.  
Anyways, for those who are looking for volt racer in a size 12.

http://www.dope-factory.com/flyknit-racer-73683.html  

This isn't the Jordan thread or any other hyped sneaker thread full of douchebags. It's not like ppl say their story everyday. It's a nice read something different sometimes and ppl don't get bashed for it.

The Flyknit Collective is still here and I've seen more of the ppl come back and post now. This thread went to hell and back so most of us stopped posting because it got annoying. "Caliv0" has a sick collection and The flyknit king on here is "Agrizzly21" if you haven't seen his collection I suggest you go back and look at it. If you need some motivation to go back, he has a pair that only 4 of were made.

And idk what you guys are talking about Kanye did make the flyknits famous........I'm joking

Stick a 1/15 only made with a leather swoosh and people go nuts. :smh:

Sometimes you guys just like to talk. I don't care if there are a million pairs, these look better than those.

Idk if this is the right thread to post this but I just recently got a pair of the Flyknit Multicolor trainers, and im not feeling the blue strip too much. Im planning to paint the blue strip to black but what paint do i use, etc. Do i strip off the paint first? 

false
Sometimes you guys just like to talk. I don't care if there are a million pairs, these look better than those.

Limited or not, the Black tongue, Black Swoosh and lighter upper and outsole look a lot better.

Definitely, man.

Hell, when I first saw the pictures I thought they were a regular release pair until I got to the pictures of the insole :lol:

Getting ready for the crimsons next 8)

I'm in the bay area and my distance from San Jose server is 7950 miles WTF :lol:

What kind of speeds you guys getting in Cali?

Last edited:
Off topic but is that seriously your broadband speed? Wow. I'm on a measly 8mb service. I need to up my internet game

Back
Top Bottom