[Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread] - Show Ya Luv!

Just got back from the Bobcats-Sixers game. Anybody else on here go? Few notes....Kemba Walker was getting torched somethin serious in the 1st half by Jrue, Iguodala is the worst shooter on the entire Sixers team, Vucevic was a good +#* pick he's a solid, smart 7 footer and is already one of the best backup centers in the league and somebody is going to overpay BJ Mullens this summer. This Sixers teams swag is on a trillion compared to when I saw them in person last year. The chemistry is awesome besides Iguodala and Brand walking around like the big brothers that are too cool to talk to anybody on the team.

I'd trade Iggy for Monta Ellis right now; Sixers D will be okay without Iggy

they are gonna need a closer and Monta would be that guy

Originally Posted by mizzoe33

Originally Posted by blakep267

its crazy how the sixers dont get any front page espn love. While the 13-15 knicks beat another 13-15 team and get the first story

This. when we beat the Bulls, they said that it was cuz deng was injured. With Orlando, it was cuz they were at a slump etc...while the exact opposite is happening with the knicks. 
We never will get the love with the media with the team we have right now. And that's OK, I would much rather be the underdog, especially when it comes to playoff time.

When we beat the Lakers, "KOBE MOVES UP ON SCORING LIST" 
laugh.gif

honestly a lot of the media still doubts our team, I don't blame them. We're still getting torched by Miami, we didn't grab that win in New York, and we got torched by Tony Parker. We need to get more quality wins

Iguodala seriously didnt say a word to anybody on the team when I saw them in warmups. I do think we need Iguodala's defense....Brand on the other hand brings nothing at all to the table except being a reliable veteran that isn't going to do too much. I wish we could trade him for somebody like Hansbrough or Carl Landry. Brand's legs are seriously dead, you have to see it in person to really get a full glimpse of it. Dude looks 50 years old out there. Oh and Evan Turner still has the most YMCAish looking game I've ever seen in the NBA. Everything he does is awkward...it's like his body won't allow him to move the way normal people do.

^^He was probably locked in, Im a season ticket holder, and iggy and the team get along well you must caught him at a bad time, they are always joking around and are acutally really close with the guys. Brand on the other hand idk, seems like that old dirt that cant relate to the young guys, just comes in and does his work and leaves. Id trade Iggy for eric gordon if healthy. He can be that scoring threat we need so bad and closer.

uh oh. The knicks just beat the raptors on a last second 3. Theyre gonna be serious contenders for the 9th seed. Oh wait
roll.gif

Originally Posted by j d0t win

^^He was probably locked in, Im a season ticket holder, and iggy and the team get along well you must caught him at a bad time, they are always joking around and are acutally really close with the guys. Brand on the other hand idk, seems like that old dirt that cant relate to the young guys, just comes in and does his work and leaves. Id trade Iggy for eric gordon if healthy. He can be that scoring threat we need so bad and closer.

I felt that EXACT same way seeing the way he acted in person. I kinda feel bad for Nocioni though. I didn't really look over at him too much to see if he was interacting with the rest of the team but the guy went from being a starter (or 6th man) to the last guy off the bench in just a matter of a year/year and a half. I didn't even recognize who he was up close.
That Eric Gordon trade would definitely never happen. But I'd like any package involving Gerald Wallace, Wes Matthews or Nic Batum from Portland. Although the ball movement and chemistry is great, it's definitely obvious we're missing that one guy that can score whenever he wants. Lou and Jrue can do it in spurts, and Thad is unstoppable on the left block and on fast breaks, but damn we could use a true 25+ PPG guy on the wing more than anything. The only guy like that we could get for Iguodala straight up is Kevin Martin, but I wouldn't really want him.

the Sixers absolutely have to make a deal now. They gotta get rid of Iggy for ellis. the Knicks are stacked at the moment. Hopefully they fail because smith is ******ed but who knows. Id also like Kaman but his contract is so big and he's injury prone

Sucky loss....don't know why we didn't call time out at the end...instead Lou threw up some bogus shot with nobody goin for the rebound.

we struggled again in the 2nd half...this team does not look good at all

Yea we haven't been performing too well as of late and the way the game ended today was... 
30t6p3b.gif
I love that
we are a team of no names but i second the statement of making a deal for Iggy

i think we're just on a lil drought offensively, we'll get back on track....i still want Andre on the team, he's a big part of our defense

that's the problem with this offense....everybody needs to be on point for it to work, or else all you get are terrible contested jumpers....then the frustration continues to our defense

Memphis gave us all these chances...but offensively we weren't efficient (cept Jrue...again)

when is hawes coming back?

Horrible loss, 76 points?? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
We just dont have enough offensive fire power. We go through these droughts and it bites us in the $@@, Memphis couldnt even close it out til within 1 min left and yet we couldnt capitalize, seems like every time we got within 5 we couldnt score or have a bad turnover on the next possession.

This team needs a trade asap. i think we already hit our ceiling potential and regressing. I feel like Hawes is never coming back which is ashame we were so good with him in the middle.  Cant depend on our two rookies and an aging brand.

We did our job defensively holding them to 39% yet we lost by double digits

Iguodala for Monta and Dorrell Wright.....make it happen. Would help the Warriors as well by giving them some defense and being able to have Steph, Klay Thompson and Iguodala on the floor at the same time. Think it solves both teams needs. Could maybe grab Biedrins too since most Warriors fans say they would trade him for a box or Oreos at this point.

i swear Violet Palmer is the worst ref in all of professional sports. Just horrible calls once again. But still no excuse for these poor offensive performances.

.....Russell Westbrook outrebounded us......we only scored 1 fg in the final 5 or so minutes....DISGUST...not to mention the turnovers

i know we were able to hold our own against a good Thunder team, but man we just can't finish

Can we please stop giving Lou Williams the ball during crunch time? Especially when he's struggling? Is Doug Collins that blind to not give other players opportunities down the stretch.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

1pt actually, it was the FT off Perk's technical foul

the last 3 pt fg by Iguodala 
Lou's willing to take those shots...i mean we only love him when he makes them....i'm surprised he didn't take that one shot where he had somebody on the pump fake....this team just gets shaky during the last minutes...u got Andre makin behind the back passes and Jrue passing it too far for brand...slow down...

just me but i rather have iggy and lou  have the ball. i don't know if i have the faith to keep the ball in thad, jrue or brand's hands. 
this is why i want them to get ellis.

Back
Top Bottom