[Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread] - Show Ya Luv!

not enough fire power to keep up with the Bulls

I feel like we'll be fine when Hawes returns....just has to be...

But i think Evan Turner should be there to close games. Take Jrue out.

I've been very pleased to see Turner play so well since being inserted into the starting lineup, he probably should have been there all year but since we started out so hot with Meeks starting, I can't blame Collins for sticking with that for as long as he could. Hopefully Evan can keep it up

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

just me but i rather have iggy and lou  have the ball. i don't know if i have the faith to keep the ball in thad, jrue or brand's hands. 
this is why i want them to get ellis.
You right, but Thad was hot in that Bulls game.

I think he should have got the last shot.

Giving it to Iggy was a bright idea imo

bout time they let ET play; can't keep the 2nd overall pick on the bench forever

Sixers need to move Jrue and Iggy IMO

god I want Monta Ellis

^^^^ ET is playing with confidence and for a while he was hesitant/nervous to maybe try to force his impact on the game rather than let his space on the court come to him. Gonna be interesting to see how the touches are spread with Jrue, Ev, n Iggy all being guards that need the ball in their hands to create, but I'm hoping it works to their advantage.

Can't give up on Jrue just yet though and I don't think trading Iggy is the answer.

Monta Ellis could possibly give them the go-to scorer that they need yet could also turn out to be one of the worst moves if they had to part with several key cogs. Just don't think a line-up with Monta can compete with the Heat, and would rather see them work with the cap and continue building through the draft.

It still blows my mind that the Sixers are giving Elton over 17 million to be a veteran leader. And even better, he'll be around for another year at 18 mil next year lol.

On another note, I can't wait to see Nocioni leave next year. 7 million
eek.gif

HUGE test this afternoon at the Garden.

Originally Posted by jordanfreek45

^^^^ ET is playing with confidence and for a while he was hesitant/nervous to maybe try to force his impact on the game rather than let his space on the court come to him. Gonna be interesting to see how the touches are spread with Jrue, Ev, n Iggy all being guards that need the ball in their hands to create, but I'm hoping it works to their advantage.

Can't give up on Jrue just yet though and I don't think trading Iggy is the answer.

Monta Ellis could possibly give them the go-to scorer that they need yet could also turn out to be one of the worst moves if they had to part with several key cogs. Just don't think a line-up with Monta can compete with the Heat, and would rather see them work with the cap and continue building through the draft.

It still blows my mind that the Sixers are giving Elton over 17 million to be a veteran leader. And even better, he'll be around for another year at 18 mil next year lol.

On another note, I can't wait to see Nocioni leave next year. 7 million
eek.gif

HUGE test this afternoon at the Garden.
the less the ball is in Iggy's hands the better. He's been much better with scoring 10 and getting 7 assists and letting turner get his 16-17 etc. Also Jrue is a bust. He vanishes all the time. Thats not the kind of player you want. ID honestly inquire about what the hawks want for josh smith. Id give them adrea and jrue for smith + somebody else easily

I guarantee we could trade something like Jrue, Thad, Vucevic and a 1st rounder for Jameer, Hedo's contract and Dwight. But we would have to make the conference finals or atleast take the Heat or Bulls to 7 games in the conference semis for Dwight to really want to stay. It would be risky as hell but might be worth it. Jameer comes back to Philly, Hedo spreads the floor off the bench in Thad's role and Dwight makes our defense virtually unstoppable. We would be holding teams to like 65 points most nights if he was on this team. I already know that Iguodala and Dwight are pretty much best friends and supposebly he's been trying to get the Magic to trade for him for years. Dwight, Iggy and Turner were sitting with each other at the Dunk Contest and Skills Challenge and all that too. The thing about our team is that pretty much everyone on the team is young with a good contract and has a ton of value to other teams still. I'd love to know what we could get for some of our young guys. I love Jrue, but I could definitely see him being traded in the next year. I would trade Iguodala and somebody else for Paul Milsap and CJ Miles in a minute.

Missed the last few crucial games...i'm glad that Turner's getting more minutes...from the numbers, i've seen that he's been beasting...i'll have to see it for myself

i'd hate to see jrue go, i don't think he's a bust and he's still getting better...but if we can get somebody good for him then i don't mind...sucks though
and i don't want Monta...i've always felt that ET would be the go to guy that we've needed....it's looking more realistic now....we've also been on this streak without Hawes. I'm hoping he comes back soon and fits back in quickly, we'll be fine

Lou was absolutely 
sick.gif
this afternoon. We just shot the hell out of the ball.

Yeah a few years ago when Josh Smith was a restricted I was hoping we could lure him away from Atl, instead we gave Elton a monster deal.

The way Iggy contributes to the overall flow of the game doesn't show up on the stat sheet. It would be difficult to find a more versatile combo guard who really prides himself on defending the opposing team's top option. It's frustrating to see him hang around the perimeter and shoot jumpers but aslong as the starting 3 can coincide and create for others, keep doin what they doin.

I definitely like that potential move for Dwight and bringing Jameer back home. Defense would be so tough. Aslong as Evan and Andre can keep up with Dwade n LBJ, we could maybe stand a chance lol.

I'm really happy for Ev. He started out relatively slow at OSU and let's hope it works out the same way here.

I can't believe when we signed Brand we pretty much had a choice between him and Josh Smith, and chose Brand...damn our defense would be ridiculous with him at the 4. We would be set for years. Imagine a starting lineup of Jrue-Turner-Iguodala-Smith-Dwight....who the hell is scoring on that? We need to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

After amnestying Brand this summer well have enough room to sign a max free agent right? If we traded Thad, Nocioni's expiring and a 1st rounder for Josh Smith we could put together that lineup.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I can't believe when we signed Brand we pretty much had a choice between him and Josh Smith, and chose Brand...damn our defense would be ridiculous with him at the 4. We would be set for years. Imagine a starting lineup of Jrue-Turner-Iguodala-Smith-Dwight....who the hell is scoring on that? We need to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

After amnestying Brand this summer well have enough room to sign a max free agent right? If we traded Thad, Nocioni's expiring and a 1st rounder for Josh Smith we could put together that lineup.
Is Brand going to be amnestyed or Nocioni
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Is Brand going to be amnestyed or Nocioni
nerd.gif

nocioni's deal is up this year anyway, so if you amnesty brand and let nocioni go thats like 23 mill right there. but we are 10 mil over the cap so its back down to 13 mil. Which isnt enough to sign a big star.

and a few posters up mentioned a magic deal. Jameer nelson is done. Theres no point in even dealing with him. And dwight has made t clear who he wants to go to. So theres no changing his mind. I still am for somehow getting a deal done with the atlanta hawks. Trade iggy and jru for smith and another becnh player. Then you are going to have to start lou, unless you pick up a pg in the trade

Son...I know you really didn't just post that we would have to give up our young and upcoming starting point guard plus our All Star Defensive Player of the Year candidate small forward just for Josh Smith. Thad, Noc's expiring and a 1st rounder would be enough to get it done. The Hawks get a very good young player that's only 23, cap space and a 1st round draft pick. We finally get our starting PF of the future to build with that fits perfectly with our team. Even if we didn't go for Dwight just adding Josh Smith to our starting lineup to replace Brand would make us so much better instantly.

i can't stomach trading jrue...not because he's my fav player on the team, but because we have our future PG who can score and defend well...i can't even think about trading Iguodala as well...he contributes for our team in ways a stat sheet doesn't record

Hawes is coming back on Wednesday btw

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i can't stomach trading jrue...not because he's my fav player on the team, but because we have our future PG who can score and defend well...i can't even think about trading Iguodala as well...he contributes for our team in ways a stat sheet doesn't record

Hawes is coming back on Wednesday btw
defend? jrue gets cooked all the time, also he is regressing. its his 3rd year. He vanishes all the time. A starting point guard needs to have more than 5 assists, and if he's going to be a scoring guard he actually has to be able to put up more than 13 points. And josh smith is a better player than iggy. Averages more points, rebounds and blocks. Only thing Iggy has on him is assists. how many times have we seen iggy get the ball in his hands and do something stupid. The issue isnt that iggy isnt good, its just he's not good for that contract he has. If you paid 80,000 for a hyundai, you would say it sucks compared to another luxury car actually worth that price.

And Hawes isnt the answer either. Now I know why sacramento let him go. he will never be consistently healthy enough to make a difference.

It seems like Jrue either really locks up the guy he's guarding, or gets completely torched. One good thing about him is he's big enough to defend both 1's and 2's. It sucks when there's some nights where he really doesn't do much of anything that accumulates stats, but atleast he doesn't ever play out of control and lose us games. He brings stability to the position for us, but we basically run a point guard by committee approach with Jrue, Iggy, Turner and Lou so it's hard to rack up assists like that. Jrue still has a bunch of value around the league as an up and coming prospect and he hasn't done anything to hurt his stock, so I wonder what we could get for him. I just wouldn't trade him unless it's for the right deal.

I bet the Lakers would be interested in him...and I bet the Sixers would have interest in Pau Gasol.

It seems like Jrue either really locks up the guy he's guarding, or gets completely torched. One good thing about him is he's big enough to defend both 1's and 2's. It sucks when there's some nights where he really doesn't do much of anything that accumulates stats, but atleast he doesn't ever play out of control and lose us games. He brings stability to the position for us, but we basically run a point guard by committee approach with Jrue, Iggy, Turner and Lou so it's hard to rack up assists like that. Jrue still has a bunch of value around the league as an up and coming prospect and he hasn't done anything to hurt his stock, so I wonder what we could get for him. I just wouldn't trade him unless it's for the right deal.

I bet the Lakers would be interested in him...and I bet the Sixers would have interest in Pau Gasol.

you do realize that jrue makes practically no money, so you cant trade him without either brand or iggy. Gotta match salaries. 

Wonder if getting blown out by the team right in front of us on national tv the day before the trade deadline will make our front office decide to make a move...

Buc I completely agree with the fact that Jrue either is lock down or just gets cooked. It really doesn't make sense to me, you have to prepare for each game every single night. But hey, every player in the NBA is guilty of going on an 80% motor and coasting some nights. I think most of the time it depends no who he's going up against- he seems to get up for top notch opponents. The fact that Ev was moved into the starting role will hurt Jrue's stats, there's just not enough touches on the court, however what you said about the fact that he brings stability to a VERY difficult position can't be preached enough. Look around the league and try to find an extremely young pg who won't lose you games and can act as a reassuring hand, there aren't too many. This back court along w/ Iggy needs a full 82 game season to really see exactly how Jrue and Ev can work things out. Sometimes I think about trying to move Jrue and bring in another pg who can really shoot the 3 hut they aren't out there.

We took it to the Pacers the first time we had em and I wasn't expecting a similar outcome this time. Gotta give it to them- they shot the ball extremely well and George Hill thought he was Lou. We'll see them again soon..

It seems we were lucky this deadline; although it's nothing major, atleast we made a damn move lol. When I saw they were interested in a wing to bring off the bench now that both of our guards (Lou n M33ks) are undersized, I was realllly hoping Chicago would give up Jimmy Butler but with how fragile Deng is, I think they're aware they found a nice piece. Rather than Brandon Rush who looks to score first, I'm glad they went for a gritty guy who doesn't look to get his. We have enough of that on the second team. It should be able to take a little heat off of Iggy when the starters sit as we can go Ev-Jodie-Sam-Thad-Vooch. They knew there were no big men available (Kaman at 14 mil
laugh.gif
) so I'm guessing Thorn plans to address that this offseason.

Team option on Nocioni and then a decision on whether or not they amnesty Brand or not. Honestly, knowing this organization, they won't.

A starting lineup of Jrue-Ev-Iggy-Josh Smith-Hawes would not only be a defensive nightmare for opposing teams, but would be electric in transition.

Blakep Great point about paying 80k for a Hyundai compared to other luxury cars at the same price. Iggy is overpaid for what he is, but you just have to appreciate his work. He's never been a volume scorer, he's just not that type of player. I can't even see him attempting to go off for 40 because he understands the role of teammates and knows he can't do it all himself. It's easy to say he's not worth the price because we have freaks like LBJ who are above and beyond everyone else and we expect that from someone paid anywhere near that neighborhood. Seasons in the past I would have totally agreed with everything you said, but for a team who no one expected to be leading it's division with a little over 20 games left no one can/should complain. We aren't gonna go from a first round exit to a championship contender in one year keeping virtually the same team and adding rookies. Just gotta keep taking small steps in the right direction and let Doug (and a defensive minded assistant Michael Curry who will be a head coach within a few years) do his job.

Grueling B2B starts tonight. Can't afford to lose three in a row and need to win one of these next two games against the top 2 in the east. Really difficult matchup for Ev and Iggy, especially with them coming off a loss.
frown.gif

We can't beat Miami...just never matched up well with them

the win streak was good but losing against some of the east's best sucks...chicago tomorrow too?
and i'm a lil loyal when it comes to players on our team...do yall think we can be an elite team with the group of guys we got now? Do you think they could progress? I'm saying yeah, but that's just me liking our guys

edit: got a nice comeback goin too...what? 
eek.gif

Huge loss, we lose the tiebreaker...these new Knicks, who are playing a lot better now, might win the Atlantic...i wouldn't be surprised

I question our playcalling in the end of games....is it not clear that we can't just hand the ball to Lou on an iso and say "score"? I don't think one person on our team can do that...cept maybe Jrue or ET. We need more movement. Also didn't help that we couldn't contain Lin late..

this team looks lost

team has no one to close; I have been saying it all along...this is exactly what the playoffs will bring

at this point we are out in the first round...that Iggy lay up; god I strongly DISLIKE him and his overrated defensive play

Back
Top Bottom