Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

^^^
i got a camera backpack or i just hold it on my strap. if you just sling it on your shoulder its not bothersome at all. but the cam comes out on certain daysits not like i bring it out everyday to get in shots

does anyone make money off their pics via stock photography?
http://www.dphotojournal.com/sell-photos-online/
eek.gif

that's alot of cake.

May'08: US$ 2874.93
Total Revenue from Microstock in 2008: US$ 12640.93 It's now easier than ever to earn extra money from your images by selling them online via micro stock photography sites such as Shutterstock, Fotolia, Dreamstime and many more (please keep reading to find out how much I earn from each stock photography site)

Originally Posted by VIXIV

Originally Posted by yarrh

^he should take better pics
Much more helpful
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anyway, question for the more experienced/knowledgeable peoples: Is there an ideal focal length for shooting portraits? What about aperture?

ideally at 80-85mm.

Feels like forever...

But Jaw Knee C is correct about 80mm is usually considered a portrait lens in 35mm. As far as aperture I think the sort of classic bust portrait is likeprobably 5.6 or thereabouts but personally I'm not really oppose to any aperture just off the cuff unless I feel inclined for one or another but i also usea pretty sharp prime so...

And jordanhead7792 pictures.
laugh.gif
(sorry) but yeah, dude doesn't give up so I guess I'll explain so he'll stop asking... First white balance, youcan do that with any camera preferably before you take the picture but if you must in photoshop after is fine too... Second either don't use the flash andjust use natural light, which is probably the idea situation, or diffuse the flash, idk how you'd diffuse a point and shoot flash but... Third your focusisn't a that sharp your camera probably has macro mode or something like that, use it. Lastly while I don't know if you could call them compositions tobegin with but their boring, I'd prefer some kooky diagonal that does make sense than just some fill the frame top to bottom thing you have going on now,if you're going to dead center the frame do it well otherwise do something more interesting composition wise.

And as far as camera bags or carrying cameras. I guess thats why I have more than one camera. I have whole Hasselblad setup w/ body, 2 film backs, Polaroidback, 80mm, 50mm, waist level viewfinder, eye level viewfinder, bulb flash, tripod, flash stand, light meter, couple various cords, and then obviously film soit's quite a bit of stuff and continue to get more. Right now I have camera backpack that works fine but at some point I plan to get a pelican case for allof it, as it's not a camera build for carrying around anyways let alone that i use it like that. I have YashicaMat 635 thats more the camera I use for justregular day to day stuff but I've never been all that big on sort of snap shot photography... I got a Yashica Electro GS which is somewhat small/light 35mmcamera but I gave that to my girl so... Thinking about getting Yashica 44 or Baby Rollei. But idk, with digital cameras it's little more difficult but isuppose it's more just finding a lens in the case of DSLR rather than whole camera w/ film thats easy enough to carry around all day w/out too much hassle.

Lastly, funkyfreshfelix, Nikon FE is nice 35mm to start with... you get the all black or the chrome trim?

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

ebay...canon xti or nikon D60?
Best advice would be to try out each body and decide which feels better in your hands. Also go thru the menus and the buttons. Image quality wise, youcan't miss with either. The D60's kit lens is better though. Good luck!

[h3]inNoutluvr said:[/h3]

what are you trying to focus on? lust? priority? sonic? what?

there's some nice photos in here, but alot ya either need to take a class at the local cc or need more practice. ya got these $600+ cameras and are taking$#+%+! pictures.
smh.gif

im no expert, but thats my opinion

Originally Posted by dunkahollik

reretrome , check my blog all i shoot with is the canon 15mm fisheye

i have the xsi

the distortion is not that great which i kinda like

i know the tokina 10 17 will be alot more of a fisheye look

hey man, nice pics!
im sorta in the market for a fisheye and i have the same camera as u, if u were to rebuy a fisheye again would u keep ur 15mm?

also have u look into the 55-250 for zoom? its a nice lens for the price

im having the hardest time to pick my next lens, a zoom, fisheye or prime
ohwell.gif

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ yarrh's comment

Originally Posted by M Eazy724

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

ebay...canon xti or nikon D60?
Best advice would be to try out each body and decide which feels better in your hands. Also go thru the menus and the buttons. Image quality wise, you can't miss with either. The D60's kit lens is better though. Good luck!

Couldn't agree more, it's essentially like saying which do you like better apples or oranges. I mean I could drink mimosa's all day, so oranges (injuice form) are my steez, but I don't whether Nikon or Canon is metaphorical orange for you so...

Also people need to cool out with the ragging on peoples photos. Like you can not like someone's photo and just not say anything I do that ALL THE TIME...
laugh.gif
Clearly there's no portfolio review or application necessary to post in this thread. (that doesn't mean I don't sometimes wish there was...
laugh.gif
) So people are going to post what they're going to post good or bad.

I've kicked alot of knowledge and fathered quite few peoples styles (I got mad son's in this thread, j/k
laugh.gif
) and people still don't listen to myrequests to not bombard this thread like people will occasionally do and I'm over it... But idk some ya'll should kick the knowledge I kicked to you,like that was the point of sharing it to begin with. I don't critique one photo so that one photo can be better you gotta take that apply to other photosand then be able to see when someone else is doing that same !++* you were doing and help em out. I'm not the only person here qualified to critique aphotograph. Lot of people ask for C&C and not lot people get it, it's cool ya'll explain lens or whatever to people, like the technical knowledgeis cool but idk this thread could be lot more...

Originally Posted by ii2cky

Originally Posted by dunkahollik

reretrome , check my blog all i shoot with is the canon 15mm fisheye

i have the xsi

the distortion is not that great which i kinda like

i know the tokina 10 17 will be alot more of a fisheye look

hey man, nice pics!
im sorta in the market for a fisheye and i have the same camera as u, if u were to rebuy a fisheye again would u keep ur 15mm?

also have u look into the 55-250 for zoom? its a nice lens for the price

im having the hardest time to pick my next lens, a zoom, fisheye or prime
ohwell.gif

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ yarrh's comment

Ricky...you gotta figure out what you'll be shooting most. I have a 10-20mm wide, 17-85mm and 50-150mm f/2.8 zoom and a 50mm f/1.4 prime. i use the17-85mm and 50-150mm most because I'm taking action shots of my kids so i need to be able to zoom in and out at different focal lengths.

Originally Posted by Devanisgee

^ Too much saturation/contrast

There is no reason the girl should be a lava colour.

oh yeah for sure. i took this a month ago and i had a phase of loving over saturated colors

I am looking for a compact to compliment my DSLR. Good range, under $300, macro capabilities.. Any suggestions?

Forgot my dad had this old Kodak Retina camera, looked it up online and this model was made between 1954-57. Very nice camera but sadly is not working, wasthinking of bringing it into a camera shop and see what's wrong with it. Here's a few pics i got of it.
8y6y3k.jpg

2z730c7.jpg

hsw1up.jpg

vo7nzd.jpg

24cyte9.jpg

the following pic doesn't offer anything but considering that i took it handheld from a moving car, it came out pretty damned level (no cropping)...peepthe top layer of bricks
eek.gif

lotqh8.jpg

Kaba Fest '08:

had to make do w/ my kit lens since my nifty fifty couldn't reach as far.. also had to deal w/ people's big heads gettin in the shot.. did some majorcropping

Kaba Modern:

Keith Martin:

Passion:

C&C please?

Back
Top Bottom