Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by funkyfreshfelix

Okay well I'll try to look for some in a decent price range, for I am a jobless highschool student lol.

But are you saying that they're going to stop producing the film? Or the product?

EDIT
is in produc i mean like the cameras, sorry if that cuased confusion
The cameras that take 600 polariod film will or least should be dirt cheap. It's just 600 polariod film which is the square shot w/ the chemicalsis the base that everyone is familiar with is out of production thus is about $15+ for pack of 10 shots right now and only will go up in price and down inavailability.

some shots i forgot to process (still with my XT for these shots)

2588983273_90da7475a1_o.jpg

2589859698_1e856a3fe2_o.jpg

2589819822_3e3747f36c_o.jpg

monterey
2589893366_c8e0226a94_o.jpg

just for you guys to look at. some b&w pictures of my tattoo portrait project i did for school. i suck at portraits and this was one way i could do them myown way.

his role model.

what he is.

who he is.

where his faith lies.

his inevitability.

his love.

his family.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Okay well I'll try to look for some in a decent price range, for I am a jobless highschool student lol.

But are you saying that they're going to stop producing the film? Or the product?

EDIT
The cameras that take 600 polariod film will or least should be dirt cheap. It's just 600 polariod film which is the square shot w/ the chemicals is the base that everyone is familiar with is out of production thus is about $15+ for pack of 10 shots right now and only will go up in price and down in availability.

Oh i see. Well yeah because I've looked at local everyday stores such as Walgreens CVS etc, and they all say it's the other way around. That thecameras will go out of production yet the film will still be produced. At Walmart my hyna tells me that there are racks full of them and cost $12. But I willkeep that in mind. Thanks Again Ebay.

Another question though. I was looking at Yashicas and the Yashica 635 seemed easy to come buy, so I am interested. It will probably take a while to get usedbut I'm willing to learn. I saw in your first post that you had a Yashica Mat 635, is there a difference between that one and the regular 635?

HALLLP!!!

so im going to a HS graduation tonight. its outdoors, well lit, and the sun will be setting behind the bleachers (the students are on the field facing thebleachers). its taking place starting at 7pm.

im using my rebel XT with the lenskit that came with it . my question is, what suggestions as far as speed, ISOs and so on do you guys have? should I buy alenses filter, would it help in this situation ?

thanks fellas

HALLLP!!!

so im going to a HS graduation tonight. its outdoors, well lit, and the sun will be setting behind the bleachers (the students are on the field facing thebleachers). its taking place starting at 7pm.

im using my rebel XT with the lenskit that came with it . my question is, what suggestions as far as speed, ISOs and so on do you guys have? should I buy alenses filter, would it help in this situation ?

thanks fellas

HALLLP!!! so im going to a HS graduation tonight. its outdoors, well lit, and the sun will be setting behind the bleachers (the students are on the fieldfacing the bleachers). its taking place starting at 7pm. im using my rebel XT with the lenskit that came with it . my question is, what suggestions as far asspeed, ISOs and so on do you guys have? should I buy a lenses filter, would it help in this situation ? thanks fellas

I'd suggest using a high medium ISO since it's going to be well lit, around 400 to 800. You might also want to use a flash when it gets darker [whenthe sun has gone away and to balance out the artificial light], even if the venue is well lit, just to be on the safe side. But test out what the pictures willlook like with and without the flash to see what works for you. As far as a lens filter, you might want to stick with what you're using now, unless youwant a special effect added to it [like a color filter or something]. Hope that helps.

EDIT
The cameras that take 600 polariod film will or least should be dirt cheap. It's just 600 polariod film which is the square shot w/ the chemicals is the base that everyone is familiar with is out of production thus is about $15+ for pack of 10 shots right now and only will go up in price and down in availability.

Oh i see. Well yeah because I've looked at local everyday stores such as Walgreens CVS etc, and they all say it's the other way around. That the cameras will go out of production yet the film will still be produced. At Walmart my hyna tells me that there are racks full of them and cost $12. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks Again Ebay.

Another question though. I was looking at Yashicas and the Yashica 635 seemed easy to come buy, so I am interested. It will probably take a while to get used but I'm willing to learn. I saw in your first post that you had a Yashica Mat 635, is there a difference between that one and the regular 635?
Idk who you heard that from but polariod so I've been told has already ceased production on the consumer based product i.e. 600 polariod film.It's just no one was really buying that stuff to begin with hence the cease on production so I'm sure big stores like Walmart have OD stock of thatkinda film. But Walmart doesn't sell 690 or any of the other professional polariod films as walmart doesn't sell professional film polariod orotherwise as far as I know but I can't remember the last time I was in one it just nothing like one sells professional film... The cameras whether they goout of production or not I would buy an older one on Ebay for a number of reasons (cheaper, better optics, better construction) I bet the new ones have plasticlens SMH…

As for Yashica 635 is just cheap TLR. Technically it can shoot 35mm but you need an adaptor and so I'm told the focus is ehh... So for me it was an entryinto 6x6 medium format. Before I got my Hasselblad I used that Yashica like for the Bacci's Crew. But there are any number of Yashica cameras that areeither 35mm or Medium Format (all 6x6, I think). So you're going to have to be more specific about what other Yashicas to reference it. I only call itYashica Mat 635 that's the full name you find on the older ones, virtually same camera lens has one more element so it's suppose to be sharper but fewif anyone will notice.

The one thing about Yashica 635 is you're going to need a light meter. I know people who use just another cameras light meter but if you want to use aYashica medium format camera (there are handful of them 635, 124G, YashicaMat F, etc..) as a stepping stone to even better cameras do yourself a favor and justbuy a light meter if you can afford one.

EDIT

Oh i see. Well yeah because I've looked at local everyday stores such as Walgreens CVS etc, and they all say it's the other way around. That the cameras will go out of production yet the film will still be produced. At Walmart my hyna tells me that there are racks full of them and cost $12. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks Again Ebay.

Another question though. I was looking at Yashicas and the Yashica 635 seemed easy to come buy, so I am interested. It will probably take a while to get used but I'm willing to learn. I saw in your first post that you had a Yashica Mat 635, is there a difference between that one and the regular 635?
Idk who you heard that from but polariod so I've been told has already ceased production on the consumer based product i.e. 600 polariod film. It's just no one was really buying that stuff to begin with hence the cease on production so I'm sure big stores like Walmart have OD stock of that kinda film. But Walmart doesn't sell 690 or any of the other professional polariod films as walmart doesn't sell professional film polariod or otherwise as far as I know but I can't remember the last time I was in one it just nothing like one sells professional film... The cameras whether they go out of production or not I would buy an older one on Ebay for a number of reasons (cheaper, better optics, better construction) I bet the new ones have plastic lens SMH…

As for Yashica 635 is just cheap TLR. Technically it can shoot 35mm but you need an adaptor and so I'm told the focus is ehh... So for me it was an entry into 6x6 medium format. Before I got my Hasselblad I used that Yashica like for the Bacci's Crew. But there are any number of Yashica cameras that are either 35mm or Medium Format (all 6x6, I think). So you're going to have to be more specific about what other Yashicas to reference it. I only call it Yashica Mat 635 that's the full name you find on the older ones, virtually same camera lens has one more element so it's suppose to be sharper but few if anyone will notice.

The one thing about Yashica 635 is you're going to need a light meter. I know people who use just another cameras light meter but if you want to use a Yashica medium format camera (there are handful of them 635, 124G, YashicaMat F, etc..) as a stepping stone to even better cameras do yourself a favor and just buy a light meter if you can afford one.

Well I heard this from mostly all big retail stores' employees. Yeah well that's kind of good that they'll have a lot of film to go around butwill suck when they finally run out. The reason I decided to look into Polaroid is basically for the fun and convinient aspect of it. I mean maybe one dayI'll take it more serious but for now I'm just as noob with lots of interest. Yeah I've been looking at older ones off ebay and I'll probablygo for the One Step.

Yeah i saw that there was an adaper for it. I mean i was kind of contemplating on getting it since 35 mm is easier to come by in my area, unless i decide to goto Samy's Camera on Fairfax, which is a complete mission ahaha. Oh my bad i thought there was a difference between the Mat 635 and 635. The main reason iwant one of these is just the fact that they look dope and something different. Plus with seeing the types of photographs you take, they seem to have a nicequality. If you say it's an entry level then even better, I don't want to get stuck with some high tech %*$% that i cant even work haha.

A light meter? Excuase my forever expanding ignorance but what why would I need one? How much are they? What are decent brands?

Thanks again Ebay, I'm seriously going to name my first born after you.

^Yeah, if you want 35mm camera don't buy a Yashica 635 that's a dumb purchase it's a first and foremost medium format camera. While w/ the adapterit works there are literally hundreds of better 35mm cameras all I've ever heard bout that adapter is bad things… It's essentially a novelty for thecamera. I have no idea there are any 35mm TLR's but it wouldn't suprise me there were… And if thats what you want a 35mm TLR that's what I'dlook for…

I say it's entry level medium format mostly in the cost vs. quality sense. Clearly you could get holga for prolly as cheap as $20-30 but that's #%#$%%*OD !#!* camera so really next level up for medium format is a TLR it's dated technology (I think only new ones still made are Chinese Seagulls which arethe dust. Chinese cameras suck, all of em.
laugh.gif
And maybe Rollei that are OD over priced on the "it's vintage/novetly" tip like Leica if you willjust not that kinda quality.) But medium format cameras can get wildly expensive like the retail on my Hasselblad new is like $5,800. So to have medium formatcamera like most of the Yashica TLR's that you can find for anywhere from maybe $50 to $200ish depending on the model and condition it's a good deal toget you shooting a format that's reasonably viable in the art world and gets you beyond 35mm and can serve as stepping stone to large format or a illmedium format camera.

And about a light meter you need a light meter because Yashica 635 has no internal light meter. Price depends on how fancy you go anywhere from maybe $50 to$500. I have Minolta IV-F that was like little less than $200 but you can find one with fewer features or more out of date that will be cheaper. As far asbrands the two big names in light meters are Minolta and Sekonic.

And appreciate the thanks.
laugh.gif
But on another level I appreciate the interesting questions. I for little bit have bit been bored with this thread for the mostpart, I mean I really enjoy sharing my wealth of knowledge but gets old answering the same PM's or questions over and over so questions like your thatsorta are somethin different spark my interest.

C&C would be greatly appreciated

also could i get some help w/ these shots (shown below) please? i don't know what went wrong w/ them aside from the crookedness.. i'm talking about thescratchy looking things above the skyline and orbs in the pics.. i made sure my lens and lens filter (UV) was free of dust and both are scratch-free.. any helpplease?

^relevant sx

That second to last picture looks like its suffering from reflections. Whenever you shoot into the light (like the moon shot) with a UV filter, reflectionswill show. I suggest you take those pictures without the filter at a smaller f-stop. Maybe from f/8-f/11 with a longer exposure and lower ISO speed.

^For landscape shots like that, yes. There is no real purpose for UV filters at night except for protection of the front element from . For night landscapeshots, bring a tripod, or mount your camera on something stable. Then adjust your shutter speed until you are pleased with the exposure.

This is also true for daytime landscapes too. UV filters usually create flare, reflections, and degrade image quality unless you are using a high-qualityfilter, like multicoated filters from B+W, Heliopan, and Hoya (use HMC for Hoya, not the cheap ones). For daytime landscapes, circular polarizers and neutraldensity filters can be helpful.

This was probably already covered in a few posts before, but lower ISO speeds yield better image quality. Smaller f-stops also yield a larger depth of field(important for landscapes because you want everything in focus), and sharper pictures. For most lenses, if they are shot wide open (largest f-stop), they havemediocre performance. When stopped down, their sharpness increases. Make sure, however, to stay away from the minimum aperture (usually arond f/22) becausethat too can degrade the image quality. You have to test out your lens and figure out where its "sweet spot" is of its highest sharpness.

1z4y3y1.jpg
2cnblee.jpg

Shot these yesterday at a friend's concert. Not even the best pics but the 50mm lens turned out pretty good compared to the kit lens. I need to get in someangles next time cause all of these look pretty stale….….

Sup_

As a lover of angles...

stale > angle in that situation

But good shots fong that fifty looks good might invest in that.

Peace.

Point and shoot-esque ... just don't got the sharpness I see in your other pics.

Pics were taken nicely though, first one of dude with the guitar is nice. All of them are good, nice stable image..captures the environment..etc etc

Right on Twizzy and Crank Dat. The only thing is though that these are a few of the many (60 shots) that I took that night. I mean when they came out clean,they came out clean but most shots were blurry. Considering the conditions though (just stage lighting), the clear ones came out cool. One minor rantthough.....because it is a prime lens and the distance it shoots, expect to move around a lot to get the shots you want. I was all up on peoples crap at theconcert.

fong, i like the top left one the most! great stuff nonetheless!

anyways
San Juan Bautista, CA

2591643096_cc62a1f562.jpg
2591684936_0e20de4419.jpg

2593641840_4ec122a978.jpg
2593642032_3bd4affe98.jpg

2592804873_5c3e1646e5.jpg
2593669870_19619019a4.jpg

2592832913_496b0567d4.jpg
2593642268_5394952e03.jpg

2593700714_209cfdbb8f.jpg
2594252338_57e0aaff20.jpg

2594287374_fe8a82be6b.jpg

diptych
2593502522_87e019af26.jpg

2594241954_d12bacb8b4.jpg

2594287272_7be0391264.jpg

2592575697_d334223c57.jpg

my favorites out of the set
2594287518_ba0c98e5d7_o.jpg
2590872671_429061c154_o.jpg

2590892023_4c3a16e35d_o.jpg

^ Real dope shots man.

Quick question. when you walk around taking pictures like those, do you always use manual mode and adjust for each shot, or do you keep it on Aperture/shutterpriority, or program mode?

Back
Top Bottom