***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Waxing on about the popular vote is meaningless, really. The Electoral college is the rule and both candidates knew that and  campaigned accordingly for it. The Popular vote being the decider would have resulted in both of them campaigning differently to being with, and would probably have influenced voter turnout differently.

It is being used as a counterpoint to the idea Trump got a mandate from the American people. He didn't

100,000 votes in three states decided this election.

Also, going to popular vote would would change the game, but would still advantage Democrats greatly.

Jobs he said....JOBS!

What ****** jobs!!!? Trump has hired illegal immigrants for cheaper labor, Trump has scammed contractors and bully them into settlements that only benefitted him, Trump has outsourced jobs for cheaper labor outside the US!!!! Where did you get the impression this man would somehow now do a complete 180? Other than his word? Which has never been worth **** since he denies literally everything even if it's on record.

there u go being naive again.

plenty of folks was out here ready & willing for a Trump Presidency. Dominicans bout our bread first...da folks i know who aint vote for Trump didn't vote at all cuz they sure wasn't gonna vote for Hillary's status quo self.

*sigh* inauguration can't come any sooner.. maybe when them jobs start flooding back ya get off ya snide and get this money, Reagan era style.

Fam cut it out....I don't know what Domonicans you speak of but I'm starting to believe I got a deeper connection with DR than you ever would....not a single Dominican I know and I know plenty is happy bout a Trump election....not him or whoever he's appointing represents us IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY.

speaking out ur *** again.

is this what ya got left? irrelevant identity politics? its sad...:lol:

No

You tried to tell us that 8 days was equal to 2 weeks

Ty Cobb wouldn't do that
Reminds me of this little math problem he had a while back about Hillary's 50% of Trump supporters are deplorables comment 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood  

u are aware that calling 1/2 da Country a bag of deplorables is bad strategy right? 
laugh.gif

this is pretty much da left's version of Mitt Romney's 47% comments.

no candidate had EVER disrespected their competitor's voters...u might kinda need em later 
laugh.gif
Half of trump supporters, not half of the country.

Deplorable people mad at being called deplorable
laugh.gif
This guy really thinks half the COUNTRY = half of Trump's voters
roll.gif
half da country's voting population gonna vote for Trump...so what are u talking about?

Last edited:
It is being used as a counterpoint to the idea Trump got a mandate from the American people. He didn't

Also, going to popular vote would would change the game, but would still advantage Democrats greatly.
If they wanted to change the rules, they shouldn't have only talked after they lost. This goes for both sides. Its all good before, but the noise happens now. Same as the Repubs complaining after Obama won. Introduce these ideas when its all gravy. Then maybe it'll be taken serious.

Until then people are just complaining about the team gaining more yards when they lost the game. Thats not how its scored or how its been scored.

Waxing on about the popular vote is meaningless, really. The Electoral college is the rule and both candidates knew that and  campaigned accordingly for it. The Popular vote being the decider would have resulted in both of them campaigning differently to being with, and would probably have influenced voter turnout differently.

Literally a participation trophy at this point. It's as if we didn't know how the system worked before the election. If the popular vote were the metric, campaigns would be run differently, and voters would behave differently. Using the popular vote to gauge public opinion (with our current system) is faulty at best.

If they wanted to change the rules, they shouldn't have only talked after they lost. This goes for both sides. Its all good before, but the noise happens now. Same as the Repubs complaining after Obama won. Introduce these ideas when its all gravy. Then maybe it'll be taken serious.

Until then people are just complaining about the team gaining more yards when they lost the game. Thats not how its scored or how its been scored.
Not exactly...

I mean folks on both sides of the aisle, including the president-elect, have been complaining about the electoral college for years now after the Gore debacle man,it didn't just start this month :lol:

Last edited:
Jobs he said....JOBS!

What ****** jobs!!!? Trump has hired illegal immigrants for cheaper labor, Trump has scammed contractors and bully them into settlements that only benefitted him, Trump has outsourced jobs for cheaper labor outside the US!!!! Where did you get the impression this man would somehow now do a complete 180? Other than his word? Which has never been worth **** since he denies literally everything even if it's on record.

*sigh*

i would take da word of a guy that's actually been in a industry of manufacturing and knows how cost prohibitive free trade agreements & oppressive American corporate tax rates to businesses to actually reverse da problem.

once upon a time, this existed...

its ok short stuff...Trump gonna drag all these milquetoast millennials to prosperity, kicking & screaming. :pimp:

*sigh*

i would take da word of a guy that's actually been in a industry of manufacturing and knows how cost prohibitive free trade agreements & oppressive American corporate tax rates to businesses to actually reverse da problem.

once upon a time, this existed...

its ok short stuff...Trump gonna drag all these milquetoast millennials to prosperity, kicking & screaming.
pimp.gif
But you won't take the word of the overwhelming majority of top scientists about climate change? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Not exactly...

I mean folks on both sides of the aisle, including the president-elect, have been complaining about the electoral college for years after the Gore debacle man,it didn't just start
laugh.gif
Yes, but its usually the losing side that starts the complaining. If the Dems pushed this hard AFTER Obama got elected, you think maybe people would start to listen? If we keep getting the losing team complaining after every election no one will care.

And even if they did change it would probably not even by popular vote but a different system altogether. Either way the Dems should probably get a look at the county by county layout and wonder why it looks so lopsided. Can't live as the "Party for big cities". 

Not exactly...

I mean folks on both sides of the aisle, including the president-elect, have been complaining about the electoral college for years after the Gore debacle man,it didn't just start :lol: .
Yes, but its usually the losing side that starts the complaining. If the Dems pushed this hard AFTER Obama got elected, you think maybe people would start to listen? If we keep getting the losing team complaining after every election no one will care.

And even if they did change it would probably not even by popular vote but a different system altogether. Either way the Dems should probably get a look at the county by county layout and wonder why it looks so lopsided. Can't live as the "Party for big cities". 

They already know why though, unconstitutional GOP gerrymandering as well as attacks on voting rights in swing states. There's a reason why it's only been the Dems who seem to get screwed over by the current voting system...

Areas of high economic output like the coastal states should justifiably have more of a say than small agricultural states imo. There's no logical reason why a vote in Wyoming holds more weight than one in Cali,the state that'd be the worlds 6th largest economy on its own

Last edited:
This dude thinks Trump is in the business of spreading wealth....:rofl:

Fam you gonna fall face flat on the ground

I get it's an anomaly but it's happened now I think 5 times in our history with 3 of those in the 1800s. Even more so than in 2000, it's more of an issue now because the GOP is actively trying to re-draw the map in their favor and inact voting suppression tactics to keep people from actually going out. It's a different animal to tackle in that sense. The GOP really ramped up those practices after Obama won in 2012.

Another question why is Obama and Romney being brought up? He won the popular vote by 5 million as well as the electoral college.

Last edited:
I hope you white male patriarchal rule lovers watch the video up there. Your rule is done. Roland Martin, bravo.

*sigh*

i would take da word of a guy that's actually been in a industry of manufacturing and knows how cost prohibitive free trade agreements
But you won't take the word of the overwhelming majority of top scientists about climate change? :nerd:  

that myth about "Majority of top science" been blown along time ago.

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2014/03/16_not_97_agree.html

them first 100 days gonna have them feels flowing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom