***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Gonna be a fun few weeks. Honestly don't have a strong opinion because quite frankly my political knowledge is below average x
That being said, I remember last election that Obama won the day of the actual election. Will that happen again or will it be closer?
I actually wanna see a close election coming down to a few states that's be
pimp.gif
Most likely closer and not till the next morning (correct me if I'm wrong). The reason we found out that night is because Obama pretty much won by a landslide

Ummmmmm read to me the years that grap presents please.

It doesn't matter. The point of the graph is that there's been a war on the middle class and poor for over 30 years

On another note

"I know that Mitt Romney tried to offer his endorsement of virtually everything President Obama did," said Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki. "We accept his endorsement."

Fewer just means less brah. He didn't say we don't have ANY. It's not even semantics, it's two completely different meanings that you are pretending mean the same thing so you can make the President wrong.

Last edited:
Fewer just means less brah. He didn't say we don't have ANY. It's not even semantics, it's two completely different meanings that you are pretending mean the same thing so you can make the President wrong.

Maybe you are just not understanding. IS THE MILITARY USING SECRETARIAT ON THE BATTLE FIELD? Are we using them less? No, right? Is the military using them at all? So his implication was insinuating that the troops do not use them.

Last edited:
Obama's implication was that the military doesn't use them, do you see horses on the battlefield in Afghanistan? Stop with the semantics.

Is this really the strongest argument you have now?

Obama's point was that it's 2012 and how our military operates now is very different from how it did in 1916. That we don't need a large naval fleet but a powerful and efficient one.

Obama's implication was that the military doesn't use them, do you see horses on the battlefield in Afghanistan? Stop with the semantics.

Maybe you are just not understanding. IS THE MILITARY USING SECRETARIAT ON THE BATTLE FIELD? Are we using them less? No, right? Is the military using them at all? So his implication was insinuating that the troops do not use them.

:stoneface: You're wrong, just give it up, pleighboi.

Military Mounts at Fort Bragg
From equine ambassadors to military trainers, the horses of Fort Bragg serve important jobs for our country.
By Cindy Hale

Although the glory days of the United States Cavalry are long gone, horses still serve the military. At Smith Lake Stables, adjacent to Fort Bragg, N.C., 36 horses are owned by the U.S. government and serve their country in two assignments. In one assignment, they act as equine ambassadors, linking the civilian public to the military. The horses are used in an annual summer camp program and in weekly day camp activities for home-schooled kids. But the horses’ most important role is their real job. They help prepare active duty personnel, particularly Army Special Forces troops, for challenges in foreign countries.

“The first time we used our horses to train Special Forces was right after 9/11,” explains Mark Rossignol, business manager for Smith Lake Stables. Fort Bragg is home to the U.S. Army’s Special Operations Forces. “They were being sent to Afghanistan, and often the only way they can travel over there is by horse.

The rocky terrain found in remote areas of Afghanistan isn’t easy to traverse, even by jeep. Native horses become a mode of transportation. Pack animals, especially donkeys, also become familiar partners. For some of America’s elite troops, however, knowledge of horses and their four-legged relatives isn’t familiar territory. The first time they actually halter a horse, saddle it and ride it may be at Smith Lake Stables.

“That’s why the only horses we get, that the government buys, are what we call dead broke,” Rossignol says. “We can’t afford to have anyone get hurt.”

But there’s more to it than just learning about tacking up and riding a horse, Rossignol says. The troops also learn herd management and how to treat common equine health issues affecting equines.

http://www.horsechannel.com/horse-exclusives/fort-bragg-military-horses.aspx

Now apologize to your fellow NTers for spouting forth such rubbish... :tongue:

Shhhhh, alot of NTers dont use that type of educated logic.

let them think we still fighing on mighty steeds with da musket and bayonett

This dude posts a pic of one soldier on a horse.
Damb and here i am thinking we were using planes, tanks, and humvees.

^ Look up the prior dialogue, dude was trying to imply that "less" means "none" as in no (i.e. 0) horses are used in the modern-day military. Showing one is sufficient to discredit his assertion, imo. Where did I imply that we only use horses vs. "planes, tanks, and humvees?"

Why are we even discussing it? He said fewer...

Are we using less horses and bayonets than we did 100-150 years ago? The answer is yes.

Therefore saying fewer, which Obama said is correct.

Last edited:
This dude posts a pic of one soldier on a horse.

Damb and here i am thinking we were using planes, tanks, and humvees.
1st sentence you act like he bought a $39.99 groupon for horseback riding lessons in Mesa, AZ in the picture.

2nd sentence you act like someone said horses being used in the military means they're riding them through the streets of Kabul...

Last edited:
This whole horse/bayonet convo is hilarious.  :lol:

Only on NT do I see this kind of ****.  Fewer = none......duly noted.  

A lot of republicans were running with that quote and how Obama was wrong. That line must have ethered quite a few republican souls for them to consider the topic
relevant to this election.

Why does this Rashi dude not bring up how Romney was wrong about Syria being Iran's route to the sea? :rolleyes

Y'all out here reaching like Carmelo in the 4th quarter.

it's amazing the b.s. people will pull out of thin air just to attempt to prove somebody "wrong."

Back
Top Bottom