***Official Political Discussion Thread***

the problem is i really think we will hear the excuse of "how would it look if the first black president legalized marijuana"

so he would have to alter the "war on drugs" in other ways. you woukd think he has sympathy for the non violent drug offenders doing football numbers in prison

so much monry is made off of free labor in jail  i dont know if he will step up

the problem is i really think we will hear the excuse of "how would it look if the first black president legalized marijuana"

so he would have to alter the "war on drugs" in other ways. you woukd think he has sympathy for the non violent drug offenders doing football numbers in prison

Yeah the backlash would be something serious for Black president to chang the laws so there's less black and hispanics in jail.

I don't know him, but something tells me Obama on a personal level would really like to reform drug laws, but President Obama might not get it done because of how controversial it would be (and look)

But who knows, it's his last term, he might go all out for the things he thinks should be changed after he gets together a plan for the economy.

I would love to see reform on the drug laws in this country (and I don't even use drugs). It's insane people can get football numbers for weed, but you can rape kids and be out in 5 :smh:

Last edited:
"ABC's Denver affiliate accidentally ran a fake cover of Paula Broadwell's biography of General David Petraeus in a story on the burgeoning sex scandal, Americablog reports.

The book's real title is All In. The doctored book cover read, All Up In My Snatch."

From the report:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Someone did this on purpose

Bill Maher said that last Friday. Never thought of it like that before. I guess we'll have to wait for the next white president to get our legal weed lol.

Last edited:
real talk what if tech companies started having their products made by US prisoners. Is that possible? Like instead of sending jobs to china, Apple had American prisoners manufacturing ipods and crap. lol

real talk what if tech companies started having their products made by US prisoners. Is that possible? Like instead of sending jobs to china, Apple had American prisoners manufacturing ipods and crap. lol

13th Amendment
"slavery nor involuntary servitude, EXCEPT AS A PUNISHMENT FOR CRIME WHEREOF THE PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN DULY CONVICTED, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

If it were the US gov, they could.

Last edited:

free labor in jail is so underutilized, dudes doing football numbers and not showing anything for it.

Good idea on paper but it would probably fall apart in practice.

What if crime does down and their is a shortage of prisoners/workers. Then you would have dudes getting locked up for even more BS, getting prolonged sentences and being denied parole because they need the workers.

and the women next to Holly Petraeus, Jill Kelley, a state department liaison to his former command, was receiving the threatening emails from Paula Broadwell, which prompted the FBI investigation. Broadwell apparently thought Gen. Pet was stepping out on her  :lol: . either way Gen Petraeus putting in some work.

:smh: Broadwell is such a dumb bird.
Crazy *******. :smh:
Reminds me of Steve McNair. |I

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...-obamas-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/

Romney Blames Loss on Obama’s ‘Gifts’ to Minorities and Young Voters
By ASHLEY PARKER

Saying that he and his team still felt “troubled” by his loss to President Obama, Mitt Romney on Wednesday attributed his defeat in part to what he called big policy “gifts” that the president had bestowed on loyal Democratic constituencies, including young voters, African-Americans and Hispanics.

In a conference call with fund-raisers and donors to his campaign, Mr. Romney said Wednesday afternoon that the president had followed the “old playbook” of using targeted initiatives to woo specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people.”

“In each case, they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said, contrasting Mr. Obama’s strategy to his own of “talking about big issues for the whole country: military strategy, foreign policy, a strong economy, creating jobs and so forth.”

Mr. Romney’s comments in the 20-minute conference call came after his running mate, Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin, told WISC-TV in Madison on Monday that their loss was a result of Mr. Obama’s strength in “urban areas,” an analysis that did not account for Mr. Obama’s victories in more rural states like Iowa and New Hampshire or the decrease in the number of votes for the president relative to 2008 in critical urban counties in Ohio.

“With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest was a big gift,” Mr. Romney said. “Free contraceptives were very big with young, college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents’ plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008.”

The president’s health care plan, he said, was also a useful tool in mobilizing black and Hispanic voters. Though Mr. Romney won the white vote with 59 percent, according to exit polls, minorities coalesced around the president in overwhelming numbers: 93 percent of blacks and 71 percent of Hispanics.

“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free health care, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity — I mean, this is huge,” Mr. Romney said. “Likewise with Hispanic voters, free health care was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group.”

Nationwide, Mr. Obama won a slightly smaller share of 18- to 29-year-old voters than he did in 2008, according to exit polls, though he increased his share in battleground states like Florida, Ohio and Virginia. Exit polls showed little appreciable difference between Mr. Obama’s performance among black voters nationwide and in many swing states in this election and in 2008. Among Hispanic voters nationwide, Mr. Obama won a greater share in 2012 than in 2008, but perhaps more important, he succeeded in increasing the share of Hispanic voters among the total voting population in key states, including Colorado and Nevada, exit polls showed.

During the call, Mr. Romney was by turns disappointed and pragmatic, expressing his frustration at the outcome on Election Day. A person who was on the call, which included hundreds of participants, let The New York Times listen in.

“I’m very sorry that we didn’t win,” Mr. Romney said on the call. “I know that you expected to win, we expected to win, we were disappointed with the result, we hadn’t anticipated it, and it was very close, but close doesn’t count in this business.”

He continued: “And so now we’re looking and saying, ‘O.K., what can we do going forward?’ But frankly, we’re still so troubled by the past, it’s hard to put together our plans for the future.”

He added that he was hoping to find a way for the close-knit group, which excelled in fund-raising but was ultimately unable to propel him into the Oval Office, “to stay connected so that we can stay informed and have influence on the direction of the party, and perhaps the selection of a future nominee, which, by the way, will not be me.” (He suggested an annual meeting, as well as a monthly newsletter.)

In a news conference of his own Wednesday, Mr. Obama, asked if he still planned to meet with Mr. Romney for a postelection discussion, spoke positively of his former opponent, saying that he “did a terrific job of running the Olympics,” and that he appreciated Mr. Romney’s ideas on government efficiency.

“I’m not either prejudging what he’s interested in doing, nor am I suggesting I’ve got some specific assignment,” the president said, when asked about Mr. Romney. “But what I want to do is to get ideas from him and see if there are some ways that we can potentially work together.”

That bubble... Where ignorance comes to breed

Last edited:
Inb4 more conservative bubble labeled as "independent" agreeing with romney's statements

Last edited:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/papa-johns-obamacare_n_2123207.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Papa John's Obamacare Costs Are Far Less Than Price Of Free Pizza Giveaway

News flash to Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter: Obamacare isn’t the only thing costing your business money.

The pizza chain head has made his views on the Affordable Care Act clear in recent months, claiming the new health care law will cost his business about $5 to $8 million per year. To compensate Schnatter's said he will likely raise pizza prices and cut back some workers’ hours so he doesn’t have to insure them.

Caleb Melby of Forbes has graciously done the math on Obamacare’s cost to Papa John’s and according to his analysis, to cover the cost of Obamacare, the pizza chain would have to raise prices by 3.4 to 4.6 cents per pie -- way less than the 11 to 14 cents Schnatter claims he needs.

And there are other changes the chain could make to save some money, Melby notes, like not giving away 2 million pizzas for free at a cost of between $24 and $32 million to the company, for example.

We're guessing Obamacare won't impact life at Schnatter's lavish home, a 40,000 square-foot mansion in a tony suburb of Louisville, Kentucky, that features several swimming pools, a private golf course and a 22-car garage among other amenities, according to CelebrityNetworth.com.

“Who would’ve imagined pizza could build this," said former presidential candidate Mitt Romney earlier this year. "This is really something. Don’t you love this country? What a home this is, what grounds these are, the pool, the golf course…. This is a real tribute to America, to entrepreneurship."

Schnatter is just one of many company heads using Obamacare as an excuse to make changes at his company. Murray Energy's CEO laid off 160 workers the Wednesday following President Obama’s reelection, claiming his company was in “survival mode” due to regulations and taxes Obama put in place. The reality: the coal industry, of which Murray Energy is a part, is in decline thanks in large part to a recent influx of natural gas into the U.S., according to the Washington Post.

The owner of 40 New York-area Applebee’s franchises told Fox Business last week that he wouldn’t hire any new workers and would be cutting back the hours of some of his current employees as a result of Obamacare. Applebee’s parent company distanced itself from his statements as the company faced backlash over his comments.

One super-rich CEO backed down from his threat to downsize if Obama was reelected. David Siegel, the CEO of Westgate Resorts and the man who tried to build the biggest house in America, said that he actually gave his workers raises in the wake of Obama’s win. In the lead up to the election, Siegel sent his employees an email warning them to vote for Romney or else.

That bubble :lol:

is a giant tax break for the wealthy not a bigger give away then a child staying on health care a few more years? Like really?

Corporate welfare is exactly what Romney and his kind are about. If I succeeded, it was all me. If I failed, it's the governments fault. Or those damn peasants.

Those damn children born with diseases. It's a give away to make sure they receive healthcare and can't be turned away! Those greedy sik kids!

Not destroying homes with the dream act. What a give away. Not like you know, oil subsidies or all those tax loopholes.

Romney lost because he was all out for the wealthy and pandered to the ultra right on social issues.

Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- House Speaker John Boehner says Republicans want to cooperate with President Barack Obama on reducing federal deficits, but not by raising income tax rates.

Boehner spoke soon after Obama told reporters the GOP-run House should let taxes rise on the richest Americans. Boehner, an Ohio Republican, said that would hurt job creation.

The speaker said there has been a spirit of cooperation between congressional Republicans and the White House. He said he is optimistic about talks beginning Friday between the White House and congressional leaders about averting the fiscal cliff – tax increases and spending cuts occurring automatically in January unless lawmakers reach a compromise to avert them.

Obama campaigned for re-election on boosting taxes on the wealthy, but said Wednesday he could compromise on how to do that.

And here we go again. If Obama doesn't win this fight he is going to keep getting bent over by the GOP. We are going to see if he is smarter and ready to fight in the second term.

I think he caves again to be honest

Back
Top Bottom