Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let me clarify a bit..I don't have a problem per se with the actual story that Nike has cooked up, or "true inspiration " if you will..but I think it's a little over the top to connect invisible dots.
The fighter plane as inspiration for the AJV? Yes definitely true...but Nike or MJ didn't have whole back story cooked up in order to push the shoe or a "limited" tag either. Just that a WWII fighter plane was inspiration for the midsole "sharktooth " design, I'm cool with that. Plus any other design cue that the Jordan line took from somewhere, be it his cars or dress shoes or whatever. I just don't think that they were ever marketed to that extent. A brief mention, then moving right along...
The 9 had "inspiration" stories as well, but I think they made more sense. Cannon was based on the training camp location, Miami Nights could be said to mirror Biscayne Bay like the Fly Wade 2EV and the MIami U...well self explanatory. Even the China had the "blue flame" thing going on with some Chinese dragon imagery on the tongue, but it was never pushed to that extent. No real problem with stories, but don't use that SOLEY to push the shoe...the shoe should do that itself.
The "Crown Jewel" is SUPER LIMITED and will have special packaging??? Does it really need all that? Probably not, I agree with MEMPH, let the shoe speak for itself, and I think the X has enough put into it that it can stand alone without "mystical pomp and circumstance" lol. :tongue:
What exactly was the influence for the Cannons?

^^
The shoe's design and color scheme was inspired by the Air Force.
Nike calls it "The Cannon'' edition of the LeBron 9. The military-green theme is a nod to the Miami Heat having their first training camp since James joined the team last season at Hurlburt Field and Eglin Air Force Base. Those installations in Florida's Panhandle hosted the Heat for about a week, and players interacted with military personnel during that camp.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/32585464

How do yall know? Just randomly check? Hope you get your pair tp trade

I'm hoping to either trade for the Gold Medals in my size or a pair of the Jades.

Yes just randomly clicked on my bookmark of the page on NDC. I've been checking at random times since I missed them on release day hoping for a restock. Missed out on the first restock of them.

Last edited:
Well I've got a pair of Coppers and Jodan DMP's both deadstock in the boxes and was thinking of letting them go for Lebron X's but wasn't sure if anyone would still want them. Got Jordan VI Carmine's too DS in the box

Not sure if serious

GOT MY GM'S TODAY.... I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS SHOES... SOOOOOO SICK... LOVE THESE THINGS IM DEF SATISFIED WITH MY PURCHASE; THIS SHOE IN THIS COLORWAY IS INSANE IN PERSON... FIREBERRYS ARE THE ONLY OTHER COLORWAY IM INTERESTED IN... PRESSURES CAME OUT PRETTY NICE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO DROP 2 BILLS ON... FIREBERRYS.... WILL FIND A WAY! :smokin :nerd:

Last edited:
Crown Jewels Quick strike re release Oct. 29th? anybody else hearing this?

:nerd:

How do yall know? Just randomly check? Hope you get your pair tp trade
I'm hoping to either trade for the Gold Medals in my size or a pair of the Jades.

Yes just randomly clicked on my bookmark of the page on NDC. I've been checking at random times since I missed them on release day hoping for a restock. Missed out on the first restock of them.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MISSED THEM AGAIN!?!??!?! I swear, I been checking the site all day, had to go out to a client meeting and I miss this damn restock. It's just not meant to be... DAMN.

Crown Jewels Quick strike re release Oct. 29th? anybody else hearing this?
nerd.gif
That would suck if someone payed those high resell prices. I hope so though so I can trade these joints for something better.

So after reading everyones posts about "pics not doing the blue diamonds justice, and they look so much better in person" i just got mine in the mail today .. And im ready to send em back .. I bought into the hype .. Smh

So after reading everyones posts about "pics not doing the blue diamonds justice, and they look so much better in person" i just got mine in the mail today .. And im ready to send em back .. I bought into the hype .. Smh
sorry man........ you win some you lose some.

:lol:

THOSE THAT BOUGHT THEM TRIED TO HYPE PEOPLE ON TO THEM AS THE LEBRON 10 CHINA 9 EQUIVALENT. :smh:

I SAW THEM WHEN I BOUGHT THE GOLD MEDALS AND SAW IN PERSON HOW TRASH THEY WERE.

EASY PASS.

I TRIED ON THE BLUE DIAMONDS TO SEE HOW LEBRON X'S FIT AND WAS UNMOVED... AS FOR THE CROWN JEWEL RERELEASE POSSIBILITY... IF I DONT HAVE SOME KIND OF INSIDE HELP, I WONT BE GETTING THEM AT RETAIL BC I AM SIMPLY NOT INTO STANDING ON LINE FOR DAYS TO STALK THE RELEASE...BUT IF I CAN COME ACROSS THEM OTHERWISE IM COPPING AT RETAIL WHICH IS UNLIKELY CONSIDERING THE SHOE'S HYPE AT THIS POINT

Some will buy LeBron's no matter what for whatever reason. They will think everything LeBron related is hot. Trust your own eyes and ears. If you have to be swayed into liking a shoe, you probably won't be satisfied with the end results.

X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom