Official San Diego Chargers (OFF)Season Thread RIP #55

http://beat-box.com/?url=http://www...ormer_steelers_head_coach_bill_cowher/8926414
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...cowher/8926414

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post reports that he was told this week by an in-the-know source with intimate knowledge of the San Diego sports scene that Bill Cowher already had “an interview’’ with high-ranking people inside the Chargers organization who were gauging his interest and that he expressed his interest in the job should Norv Turner be fired.

Despite all of their talent and regular-season prowess, Chargers fans have been waiting for Turner to be fired for years because of his lack of postseason success.

This season, with the Chargers struggling to make it into the playoffs (and a long shot to do so with two games remaining), the talk from unhappy fans in San Diego has grown louder.

I like Cowher and I think he is a good choice to replace Norv.

At this point I don't care who the head coach is. I just want competent coordinators and play calls.

People in Baltimore are talking about firing Cam Cameron and replacing him with Norv at OC.. is the consensus that Norv is definitely gone?

indifferent.gif
not a big enough stoneface to describe my feelings towards that news. Wow.

Spanos = Vagina

He should've let go one or the other.

I don't mind Norv being back...just equip him with anybody better than that peice of crap Manusky. And don't hire anybody as bad as Cottrell. Wish we still have Ron
frown.gif
He should also pick up some self-help books on motivation in the off-season. These guys need a fire lit in their %*$#+ time and time again...and when it's finally lit, most of the time it's actually too late

AJ's been sucking the past few years. Someone get him away from the Draft Room, don't need any more Larry English's on this squad

So what exactly has to happen in order for spanos to fire norv and AJ? a 14-2 team, lost in the playoffs in the first round was enough for marty to get axed. this fool norv was handed the same team and has 0 RINGS to show for it. hell we got 0 appearances!! That supposed legit window to win a SB is closed and we have missed the playoffs for 2 consecutive years in the damn afc west where 8-8 would win the division with the right tie breakers.

NO ONE in SD supports this head coach. NO ONE!! The players say they support Norv so its on them too. If yall back your coach then WIN THE DAMN GAMES THAT SHOULD BE WON!! Losing to oakland at home and a sorry KC team, hell, denver too. but they are able to beat up a team like the Ravens? @#+ wheres my dog when i need to kick something

and adding all this salt in the wound by having reports that cowher "interviewed" for a position.   smh

Yo what's up chargers fans im not a fan of this team but I appreciate talented football teams and this team is loaded , I just want to know how in the hell norv turner keeps his job year after mediocre year it's unreal just saw it on Espn I feel for you bolts fans

Norv Turner is a loser, no idea how they stick with this guy. Almost seems like the team has gotten worse and worse every year under him, no progression at all.

Yay! 
pimp.gif
  Philip Rivers basically said give him one more year cuz I want to get him a Superbowl ring. Rivers wants Norv to be the headcoach past next year, and the only way that's going to happen is pretty much a superbowl. 
I don't think the problem is Norv at all. I think the problem is the players. This isn't the same team Norv inherited, that team fell apart and disassembled. The chargers have been basically rebuilding quietly year in and year out. I think they need more players on defense and o-line, and I heard Norv say this in a press conference so I'm hoping AJ is listening. Thoughts:

Fire Manusky ??

AJ Smith better do strong in free agency.

^ I'm pretty sure they will fire Manusky, I keep reading about it over & over

and the latest article from Tim Sullivan (UTSan Diego) AJ acknowledges that he will need to pick up an impact veteran on defense. When Steve Gregory is your starting strong safety you know you need some new players.

Edit because I don't know what I was thinking about 5 picks in first 3 rounds. Rumors are tolbert, garay, castillo, Marcus mcneil and possibly vj are gone this year. Maybe hardwick.

So is this the offseason thread?? 
I missed you guys...
Spoiler [+]
sig check 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom