Official San Diego Chargers (OFF)Season Thread RIP #55

We are a laughing stock again. wasted junior seau's career, as well as LT and Gates and we are doing it to Rivers. My question is if we fire Norv now, who takes over and how soon can we get him in the building.

the only good news to come out of SD

pimp.gif

THANK GOD they are going to be fired bro. I've been praying for this day for years now.
After we hit like 4-6 i just said F it, id rather us keep losing to secure Norv's exit rather than end up with a mediocre 8-8 record which will be pointless.

Can't wait for a real coach. 
pimp.gif

Norv has to go because he's run his course. He's not taking us any farther. And until we get AJ out of there we're never going to get a strong minded coach that will get us on the right path. This better happen. 

laugh.gif
The irony of that picture... San Diego is much more likely to become LA's next team than Jacksonville.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

laugh.gif
The irony of that picture... San Diego is much more likely to become LA's next team than Jacksonville.

true

however, if my chargers lose tonight LA wont want this trash team 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I want to keep Norv...

If OAK or KC snatch him up, SD is done for the next few years..

I blame this season more on AJ and the crappy players/D.C. we have. Give the man something to work with...

Should i put my fantasy football record in my resume? Im applying as head coach of the San Diego Chargers since im sure that spot is opening soon

Hopefully Norv and AJ Smith will get the boot now. The defense needs a lot of changes.

I want to keep Norv, I want AJ Smith and Greg Manusky gone. I think our downfalls are in the lack of healthy and competent players, not coaching. This is AJ Smiths doing IMO. Spikes was a horrible "upgrade". Bob Sanders was an obvious bad gamble without a legitimate back up plan (gregory did ok this year actually). Our OLB depth is a complete joke, just like our offensive line.

I want to draft Antonio Gates replacement.

I want our O-line, pass rush and secondary solidified through free agency and the draft.

That is all. Who knows.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Why do you want to keep Norv? He's a terrible head Coach
laugh.gif
Is he? 
Were we competitive in every single game except for this last one, despite an elite QB having an unthinkably horrible year? Yes.
Does he have adequate depth on this team? Not at all.

Is that because of bad free agency moves? Yes.

Is that because of horrible drafts? Yes.

Is that because the main players on both sides of the ball are getting old and are unhealthy? Yes.

Is there a coach that can do better than Norv with this squad? I don't know.

Does the city as a whole support Norv and his Team? Definitely not.

Would Norv Turner joining another AFCWest team contribute to the Chargers success? I don't think so.

Are these just my opinions? Yes.

Will Norv be here next year? Probably not.

Norv hasn't been very successful as a head coach. He is a great OC. Marty got fired after a 14-2 season but Norv keeps his job with 8-8s and 9-7s. This team is too talented to be 7-8.

Buggz You make logical points, but we've past a point of using logic with the level of underachievement we have reached the last few years.
!@+! logic. Norv needs to go. He's not a good headcoach, period.

Everything else has problems too, its not all his fault. But he needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom