:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why you blaming coach when obviously Roman is calling the plays on offense?
There's tension and it's from the upper office trying to trade him last offseason to the browns instead of offering an extension for the good work he's done for the team? What other coach has been to the conference champ 3 str8 yrs you'd think there would be some loyalty for good reward

Roman calls plays, but Harbaugh says yay or nay before they get to Kap; so essentially Harbaugh is responsible for plays.

Roman hasn't been fired because Harbaugh won't fire him. It's the head coaches job to fire his coordinators, but he has PUBLICLY said he won't fire anyone.

Last edited:
NEED I REMIND YOU THAT THE GENSIS OF THE BAALKE HARBAUGH BEEF GOES BACK TO THE 2011 DRAFT WHEN HARBAUGH WANTED KAP IN THE 1ST ROUND 7TH OVERALL PICK INSTEAD OF ALDON.

Let that sink in.

Last edited:
The baby's gonna get thrown out with the bathwater.

Roman is the turd-color bathwater. Harbaugh is the reason for the turd-color (yays or nays the turds).

Last edited:
Even though im a top harbaugh supporter, i have to keep it 100. Its the offensive system they have in place, who comes up with the system. The coaches. Cat in here straight hallucinating. Hire Gruden as a GM 
laugh.gif

If they do end up firing Harbaugh/Roman I pray that Vic stays.  

I dont like to speculate which player is staying or leaving. But the writings on the wall for some.

I'm sorry for interrupting yall thread but I just don't understand why Jed wants Harbaugh out. Before Harbaugh the 49ers were a laughing stock. Reminds me of Steve Marichici (sp?)

This is not based on anything, but my thought is the whole Jed/Baalke vs. Harbaugh thing may have stemmed from Jed/Baalke being unhappy with Roman, and Harbaugh being completely against firing him.  That is seriously the only thing that makes sense to me.

I'm sorry for interrupting yall thread but I just don't understand why Jed wants Harbaugh out. Before Harbaugh the 49ers were a laughing stock. Reminds me of Steve Marichici (sp?)
Nobody truly knows. @dland24s theory makes sense and I tend to believe the same.

If I were a Raider fan, I would be weary of bringing Harbaugh because 1.) Greg Roman is coming too 2.) Vic Fangio isn't.

There's no way in hell the 49ers let Fangio, the best DC in the NFL, get away. The one constant throughout Harbaugh's tenure at Stanford and SF have been ridiculously good defenses led by Fangio.

For god's sake, LEON MCFADDEN WAS MAKING PLAYS YESTERDAY. LEON ************* MCFADDEN LOL.

Last edited:
I believe Harbaugh could find another DC and be okay. The man wears cleats on the sidelines :lol: :lol:

Going to be an interesting offseason for both bay teams.

that's great news for us because it makes Harbaugh a hotter commodity if they do trade him. one less "big name" coach on the market.

did you guys hear Trent on 95.7 today? he is still playing coy and asked damon bruce where he is getting his information regarding harbaugh being traded/release. lol

Last edited:
me too 
frown.gif
mean.gif

my fav season is still 2011. i love that team.

Last edited:
That team made me beleive again. 2011 was our year. Shout out everybody from that 2011 squad (except stupid kyle williams) . Nothing will ever compare to that team doesnt matter if we win a super in the coming years. That squad had ballers on ballers on ballers.

Wont the problem with our offense continue as long Harbaugh is around regardless of the coordinator? Unless Jim is ok with another coordinator coming and running a different offense.

So basically if we want to fix our offensive problems, Harbaugh must go?

The thing is, like you said Red, Fangio's defense has been a constant throughout Harbaugh's success here and at Stanford, so a big part of Harbaugh's success has to be attributed to Fangio. The defense is what has kept us competitive this year, so shouldn't the organization be more focused on keeping Fangio?

To me, keeping Fangio is a higher priority than keeping Harbaugh as much as I like Jim.

If Jim leaves, the thought of losing Fangio worries me more. I would be inclined on keeping Fangio even if that meant making him a head coach just because I know our defense would continue to be stout.

Last edited:

Nobody truly knows. @dland24s theory makes sense and I tend to believe the same.

If I were a Raider fan, I would be weary of bringing Harbaugh because 1.) Greg Roman is coming too 2.) Vic Fangio isn't.

There's no way in hell the 49ers let Fangio, the best DC in the NFL, get away. The one constant throughout Harbaugh's tenure at Stanford and SF have been ridiculously good defenses led by Fangio.

For god's sake, LEON MCFADDEN WAS MAKING PLAYS YESTERDAY. LEON ************* MCFADDEN LOL.
as a raider fan...

I would not mind greg roman being our OC.

Greg roman has been a problem lately in SF because of how he handicaps Kaepernick's play and doesn't let him play to his strengths.

Carr has the opposite skillset compared to kaepernick and carr's skillset is more conducive to pocket passing and greg roman's style of offense 

That 2011 and 2012 squads with my hittas Hawk Inc, D-Walker, and Blake Costanzo :pimp:

Don't eem care what anyone says, them dudes brought a certain SWAG to the team that I F's with.

What yall think of this scenario:

HC- Tomsula
DC- Lord Fangio
OC- Lane Kiffin

Last edited:

as a raider fan...

I would not mind greg roman being our OC.

Greg roman has been a problem lately in SF because of how he handicaps Kaepernick's play and doesn't let him play to his strengths.

Carr has the opposite skillset compared to kaepernick and carr's skillset is more conducive to pocket passing and greg roman's style of offense 
Problem lately? The problem originated in 2011 with Alex Smith as QB.

From the very beginning we've had problems with the offense. the first red flag arose when they'd let the play clock get down to 1 on every play before the snap, and then we found out this was by design. Things just got worse and worse as defenses started exposing harbaugh's 1980's Bo Schembechler/Don Coryell scheme. he's sooo obsessed with 22-personnel where everything is inside the numbers, the infinite "check with me" and the useless shifts/motions. i wont miss any of that.
sick.gif
 tons of examples of personnel being utilized incorrectly(ie screen pass to boobie with hunter/lmj on the roster, or michael crabtree being used to run clear out routes 
eyes.gif
). 

under the harbaugh regime our offense has ranked as follows:

2011 - 26th total offense/29th passing

2012 - 11th total offense/23rd passing - league not knowing kap construed this total offense anomaly 

2013 - 24th total offense/30th passing

2014 -  27th total offense/28th passing

Before joining Harbaugh, Greg Roman was coaching at the high school level. I am not being facetious either.

Last edited:

the problem aren't the plays themselves. every team in the league uses clear out routes, high-low reads, ETC.

the problem is these plays dont fit us. why are we running plays where crabtree is running a 40-yard clear out? our o-line isn't built to protect this long. why the hell are all our formations so compact and everything is within the numbers? these type of plays dont play to our strengths. for example, where the hell is the horizontal stretch offense? all the crossing routes, the rub routes, etc. to give our QB an easier decision and throw? why the hell dont we run the zone stretch with the read option like seattle does? they are ridiculous with that ****.

we're running some hybrid bo schembechler/don coryell offense and the **** dont fit us.

we literally dont play to our personnel or QB's strengths. 
hey, what do you know? i made this post before the game and they used crossing routes....and they worked.
eek.gif

Last edited:
The shifts were useless. I saw what you were talking about on Sunday, red. So many shifts on the first drive and Seattle sat on every one of them.

That 2011 and 2012 squads with my hittas Hawk Inc, D-Walker, and Blake Costanzo :pimp:

Don't eem care what anyone says, them dudes brought a certain SWAG to the team that I F's with.

What yall think of this scenario:

HC- Tomsula
DC- Lord Fangio
OC- Lane Kiffin
I'm pretty confident that 99% of the football watching world wants to fight Lane kiffin in an octagon for 24 hours. We don't need that kind of attention this offseason. Doubt dude ever gets a professional gig again people questioned his professionalism just like Greg schiano.

I'm pretty confident that 99% of the football watching world wants to fight Lane kiffin in an octagon for 24 hours. We don't need that kind of attention this offseason. Doubt dude ever gets a professional gig again people questioned his professionalism just like Greg schiano.

As a playcaller. Lane is lights out for BAMA right now. . But I can't stand that guy. Lane must have God on his side right now. Because no matter how he F's something up, he always lands on his feet. I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered the head coaching job for the 49ers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered 2 head coaching positions at the same time. Dude must have nudes of someone to help keep him employed.

Back
Top Bottom