:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

If you're talking about the tongue and around there, you can usually just clean it up with a little bit of soap and water or jason markk.
thanx for the reply.

im talking about the inside of the toe box,around the sides and where the back of the heel.. just to disinfect.

Update:

I did 2 retrobrite sessions on the left shoe

Im also working on cleaning the tongue...might need something stronger then dish soap though

Last edited:
got a pic?

i have 2 full length zoom for the inside of nikes.

im guessing you need the hell/forefoot

The XXI and XXII came with removable Air and Zoom pods for the heel. The two were shaped different so you couldn't use the XXI in the XXII.

IMO just use the Air or try to find a cheap CDP version

What's the best cover-up method for leather with small tears in it like this? I've seen some do really nice patch up jobs.

So my last painting job was unsuccessful. I didn't have smooth lines (could still see some strokes) and the paint didn't match exactly. So now I have some questions:

1. How do you guys get those smooth, stroke-less lines? Like that brand new factory look..

2. Does anyone know the color used on the Kings County Spizikes? I used Angelus Red but the color isn't dark enough.

3. Do I need to use the Angelus Gloss on after I do the coats of red on my spizikes to give it that same glossy look?

1. For me it took practice but lots of light coats and good brushes. Patience is key my first cpl of paints weren't as smooth. Let each coat dry completely. Also some ppl lightly sand with high grit sandpaper to get the surface as smooth as possible

2. What color angelus are you using red/fire red/scarlett/magenta? If its to light add very small amts of black until it matches. Keep in mind it will dry a little darker than your mix.

3. You'll have to eye this one it should be almost close once the paint is layered. You can buy finisher in matte/semi/gloss/high gloss.

The stains are crystal violet from my lab.  I already began trying alcohol but that caused damage to the paint on the leather and midsole. Any ideas on how to restore this shoe without causing further damage?

Update:

I did 2 retrobrite sessions on the left shoe

Im also working on cleaning the tongue...might need something stronger then dish soap though

Another update...want them as white as possible...they have this off white shade to them...but better then yellow i guess

hey guys,

new to this thread.

was wondering if anyone had tips on removing some yellowing spots out of GITD soles?

more specifically.. yeezy 2 soles. 

i've tried detergent, toothpaste, magic eraser, none have worked that well except the magic eraser.

any help is appreciated!

I need someone who can do a sole swap for me. I got the donor pair and the OG pair, or if someone knows a shoe repair shop that does sneakers. Most shoe repair shops in my locality only do dress shoes.

The speckles on my last pair of cement 4s got streaked into lines (like if u rub ink right after u write) from contact playing ball. I want to break out my other pair, is there anything I can use on the speckled midsole to prevent this again?

Don't ball in em.

U buy retors for style.. Not performance.

The retros were mainly used for performance.Not for style.
this statement doesnt make sense to me, the retros have less performance tech than todays shoes and cost as much if not more, so even if you ball in them its for style cuz for performance there are so many better options, especially when it comes to jordan retros

Those AJ1s look so clean. Personally I wouldn't even bother with brightening those midsoles though, I'd just repaint them.

Have you considered repainting the leather?

I'm really tempted to cop a pair of OG or 94 1s to restore ever since I learned how to paint, it could be a nice summer project.

Quick question regarding the washing machine method: Is it cool if I put a pair in a pillowcase or does it need to be a pillow case per shoe? It's for a pair of free run +3

So, I just found this thread, and thought I should post how Jordan brand SCREWED ME OVER ON ONE OF MY FAVORITE RELEASES OF 2012!

As you can see, JB put my Cav 4s in the box with a 3/4 of an inch burn/glue mark! Is there anyway I can get this out. Please help me!

Also, this is a insanely easy fix, but my sister stepped on my shoes with chalk on her boots, and it left a marked area on the toe box, and I can get it out with the nubuck and suede cleaner that I bought

Thanks for checking this out, HMU if you have any fixes please

Those AJ1s look so clean. Personally I wouldn't even bother with brightening those midsoles though, I'd just repaint them.

Have you considered repainting the leather?

I'm really tempted to cop a pair of OG or 94 1s to restore ever since I learned how to paint, it could be a nice summer project.

Thanks for the compliment...my paint skills aren't that great...I'm clumsy lol but I do want to touch them up a bit....especially the toe box

Does anyone know if the armor all method works on glow in the dark soles like the Barkley posites also? Was wondering how to protect the Barkley posites outsole. How would you clean a gitd outsole?

Does anyone know if the armor all method works on glow in the dark soles like the Barkley posites also? Was wondering how to protect the Barkley posites outsole. How would you clean a gitd outsole?

Armor all works on gitd soles, I've used it on my penny cloaks, galaxy rookies, and d rose nbc's. You can clean them like icy soles (I.e. soap and water, sneaker cleaner, Jason markk, etc.)

Last edited:
1. For me it took practice but lots of light coats and good brushes. Patience is key my first cpl of paints weren't as smooth. Let each coat dry completely. Also some ppl lightly sand with high grit sandpaper to get the surface as smooth as possible

2. What color angelus are you using red/fire red/scarlett/magenta? If its to light add very small amts of black until it matches. Keep in mind it will dry a little darker than your mix.

3. You'll have to eye this one it should be almost close once the paint is layered. You can buy finisher in matte/semi/gloss/high gloss.

I cleaned my 1997 Pearl Foamposites with a gel based Foot Locker cleaner earlier today. I just used a suede & nubuck brush on the tongue netting and around that black nubuck part.

I just used some Bar Keepers Friend on a damp old tore up sponge to wipe around the yellowed upper pearl part of the left shoe, trying to restore it back to original pearl color. I didn't see any results so far, still looks yellowed, perhaps it'll turn back to pearl overnight or perhaps I'll have to use BKF multiple times to restore yellowed uppers back to pearl. Can anyone verify if I'll have to use multiple applications to restore the pearl color on uppers?

I'll try to update results tomorrow if any. I'll try to take a photo of the left shoe I used BKF on as well to get feedback.

[h5]
Air Jordan Sport Blue / September Blue 6 Sole Swap Restoration: Let me start off by saying this was a pleasure to swap. I fell for the shoe during the swap. Without further ado let's get into the details.

I cleared the icy sole, deep cleaned the uppers and the insoles, whitened the laces, deoxidized the toecap, revived the color on the jumpman on the bottom icy sole, swapped the midsole, and repainted as well. I tell you, swapping a pair of OG 6's is no cake. I came across many issues that discouraged me from finishing the project. The OG icy sole didn't quite fit the donor midsole because the OG icy sole was more narrow and it didn't quite fit proportionally. It was difficult to make it fit. I had to cut a chunk of the midsole for the icy sole to have a little room. In all, it was a great project and I sure learned a lot from this swap.

I am not taking in any orders for any kind of restorations.
[/h5]

Where did you get the blue, or did you mix till you got the color?
P.M. How or where to get that blue if its ok?
I'm going to do it to a pair of varsity reds, but I don't know if I should bleach the red jump man on the tongue and use acetone on the midsole then paint it once I get the sport blue color or just paint over all the red.

Last edited:
So, I just found this thread, and thought I should post how Jordan brand SCREWED ME OVER ON ONE OF MY FAVORITE RELEASES OF 2012!

As you can see, JB put my Cav 4s in the box with a 3/4 of an inch burn/glue mark! Is there anyway I can get this out. Please help me!

Also, this is a insanely easy fix, but my sister stepped on my shoes with chalk on her boots, and it left a marked area on the toe box, and I can get it out with the nubuck and suede cleaner that I bought

Thanks for checking this out, HMU if you have any fixes please

Try using the little rubber eraser from the Suede & Nubuck kit from footlocker. Keep erasing the glue it should eventually roll off, it may take some time.

Back
Top Bottom