OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

So what are you guys doing with Alibaba?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

GPRO doe
sick.gif

GILD with an interesting candle today
nerd.gif
Yahooooooooooooooo or however it go lol

Free ride Question: If I have 500 shares of a stock. I buy 100 more shares of that same stock with unsettled funds, then sell 100 shares of that stock the same day. Is this a free ride or did I use my "old" shares to sell?

Need advise on good Roth IRA's available. Going to start slow for a family member then get them to put more in as they get raises.

[thread="173127"]Luv: in at 32.76
Kndi: in at 17.20 SMH, wish me luck on this one. Lol[/thread]
[thread="173127"] [/thread]
[thread="173127"] [/thread]
[thread="173127"]Also, anyone holding or planning to get into BOIL? Looks like it may pop 50% again this winter. 3 year trend[/thread]

I like LUV a lot. KNDI's definitely scary.

Need advise on good Roth IRA's available. Going to start slow for a family member then get them to put more in as they get raises.

Vanguard is well-liked. They have good funds and really low expense ratios.

Hahah honestly... I put my limit at 6.50 and when I tried to change it, BOOM sold already. You holding?
Yep I was in at about $9.30 before the merger fell apart and then I averaged all the way down to $6.78.  I really think it will hit $8 really soon though and long term I am a believer in what Sprint is doing...especially since they have Softbank behind them.

I would have put in more money to average down more but unfortunately had to pay $3300 on maintenance for my car like a day or two before it gaped down . 

Last edited:
@YRWB  Yeah I was going to buy in around $9 too, surprised the merge didn't go through. GJ on holding and averaging down, I can see Sprint popping soon enough.

And 3300 for maintenance bro?
eek.gif

@YRWB  Yeah I was going to buy in around $9 too, surprised the merge didn't go through. GJ on holding and averaging down, I can see Sprint popping soon enough.

And 3300 for maintenance bro?
eek.gif
hahaha German cars man I love them but sometimes I don't 
sick.gif

But checking out this S chart this is a nice healthy pullback going on right now...I wouldn't be surprised if this closes at $6.90s or even $7 by the end of the day. 

Learned a couple of things this morning from a webinar about how market makers price in potential moves with options.

You take the at the money straddle of a stock (long 1 call, 1 put) and you add the strike plus the straddle price to get your upside target, and subtract the straddle price from the strike price to get your downside target. Find this helpful to get an idea of a stock's potential range for the week, or if one wanted to get a better idea on how to play a catalyst, what targets to expect, etc. Decent way to come up with measured move targets.

I'm starting to really find a strategy I like, using whole and half dollar marks coupled with the chart to create my plan. Helps out of the gate when there isn't much to base your risk off of. Like this morning FB opened around 77.05, my plan was (but I didn't take it foolishly) take a starter in 77 weekly calls using over/under 77 as my risk and add to a winner. Calls went from .60 to 1.20 and 77 never cracked. Easy double that I should've been in. It's been a journey building myself back up after the stupid stuff I did in Feb and March, trading without a plan, slinging too much size and getting shaken out only to watch the stock rebound, etc.

JD looks like it might test the cloud on the 60 minute. Needs to get through 29.29. Could put a stop at 28 or 28.60.

I know nothing about China though so fundie wise, I have no comments. No clue how this will trade with the BABA IPO either. Have a plan.

Bought a bunch of LULU over the last two weeks (in it for the long haul) so today has been appreciated.

^ Nice. I still can't see LULU sticking around and flourishing though. The athletic wear giants of Nike, Reebok, etc. has such a stronghold in the market and make great, cheaper alternatives to the $90 running shorts of LULU.

JRS, I still can't believe you made that call on BNNY :lol: What gave you that tip?

Last edited:
Honestly Based, I bought a box of their fruit snacks for the first time that day (also a fan of their mac and cheese), realized how delicious they were and since the stock kept getting hammered at every ER (because of inflation, wheat costs, etc.) it made sense to me that they'd get taken out since they had a good product but couldn't afford to survive on their own over the long haul. Just made sense that someone with deeper pockets could tolerate the pain as the companies products gained marketshare. Was channeling my inner Jim Cramer/Warren Buffett :lol: but I didn't have the conviction/thought it would take a while. Next time I gotta at least nibble some calls.

Last edited:
Question, Im currently building my retirement portfolio. Have a free stocks and an ETF. Should I buy more shares of the stocks I already have or get a few more positions in other holdings and then build up?

Check out that volume for S (Sprint)....20 million shares traded 9 minutes into trading 
sick.gif

Didn't pay any attention to SCTY today, wish I did. Really easy chart this morning. Broke that top at 71.75 and hasn't looked back :x

Back
Top Bottom