OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

NKE jumping after that earnings report. I've been watching but didn't get in, now I have to wait for a pull back. GPRO is performing solid too, glad I got in, not for many shares tho. Slow process for me with not much capital but I'm gon get there

12% gain on the day jesus, missed that earnings play but don't think many people saw that coming.

$MU beat helped me out, probably won't cross $34 this week but will hold for now as I think the sell-off is over. could climb to new highs next week given that resistance was $33ish for the longest time.

That's the same thing I said about NKE. Seen it dancing around $77 then boom, after hours boost. A new 52wk high definitely adds promise tho

FWIW

from @thenotablecalls
$INVN - hearing Rosenblatt d/g to Cautious.. says now risk of losing 50-100% of AAPL iPhone 6 biz.. tech issues
$INVN - 'Technical instability of the InvenSense MPU-6700 part, possibly in how it interacts with certain iPhone features,'
$INVN - fyi, this is a big change for the analyst Brian Blair. Puts #'s and valuation at big risk.

Took a SPY put fly as a hedge for .15 per 1 lot
Oct 31 192-194-196

Last edited:
FWIW

from @thenotablecalls
$INVN - hearing Rosenblatt d/g to Cautious.. says now risk of losing 50-100% of AAPL iPhone 6 biz.. tech issues
$INVN - 'Technical instability of the InvenSense MPU-6700 part, possibly in how it interacts with certain iPhone features,'
$INVN - fyi, this is a big change for the analyst Brian Blair. Puts #'s and valuation at big risk.

Took a SPY put fly as a hedge for .15 per 1 lot
Oct 31 192-194-196

Uh oh. My lady friend's dad is a lead engineer at INVN....

INVN's been one of my favorite stocks to follow this year. Usually, it's been good off these dips if you had a longer time frame, but with this news who knows. Play the price action and have a plan.

Needs to hold 18.63 and then 17.29

FWIW

2000 INVN Nov14 15.0 Puts bought for $0.50

Edit: looks like those puts were just canceled. still an ugly chart tho.

Last edited:
Man the commissioner of our fantasy team (office league with a bunch of private auditors) suggested we put the pot into a stock of his choice for an extra risk. ($1600). We said sure and he asked if we all approved of SLTD. Didn't know much about it but whatever, lets have some fun. its climbed 30%+ since then. Wish I would've followed :smh:

Man the commissioner of our fantasy team (office league with a bunch of private auditors) suggested we put the pot into a stock of his choice for an extra risk. ($1600). We said sure and he asked if we all approved of SLTD. Didn't know much about it but whatever, lets have some fun. its climbed 30%+ since then. Wish I would've followed :smh:

That's not a bad idea.......gonna propose that to the commish for next year :lol:

Last edited:
TSLA http://tos.mx/g6mOxk

I want to see some bounce into 250 area to get short with risk on 255. The stock looks to have topped for the time being and could easily test the 200-dma at 215. Plan is to cover some in 215-220 area then see how it plays out. RSI is oversold so there is probably a bounce or sideways action soon. Trade time frame is 2+ weeks

EBAY chatter :pimp: my 54-55 call spread should get max value long as it holds this bid. Sweet.

FWIW

via @thenotablecalls
$EBAY - Suntrust's Robert Peck has previously valued Paypal at ~$35/share, yielding ~$75/share valuation for EBAY following spin
$EBAY - fyi, sell-side targets likely to move in the $70-75 range = stock will trade low $60's.
$EBAY - fyi, certainly a surprise. A battle even the gentleman pictured below likely didn't expect to win.

Last edited:
still no fill on this ebay spread. got an offer out at 1.10, entered at .15. long as it hangs above 56 i don't mind leaving it on till friday, but i rather just lock in some profits today and move on.

piggybacking on that D&B idea, you could attempt to get in on some other companies waiting to IPO via http://sharespost.com
never played anything from there but heard about it last week.

edit: lowered my offer to .90 should get filled now. there were some offers out at 1.45 this morning that threw me off but full value is a buck here so no shot i get filled for more than a buck. should've been aware of that.

closed it at .85. nice trade here off of a hunch. caught a break with this news but i had a feeling something would be said this week.

Last edited:
Make sure you use a stop up here on GPRO. This is bag holder territory imo. Could definitely go higher, but we've seen this story with FEYE, SPLK, WDAY, etc. these fast moves have ugly drops so have a plan.

Wish I paid more attention to this one, but this was an easy set up out of that consolidation after it IPOd.

FWIW

$GPRO analysts raising tgts based on stock movement and not fundamentals create opp for shorts remember $DDD. Initiating short on $GPRO
— Citron Research (@CitronResearch) September 30, 2014

Have a plan if you're buying up here.

Last edited:
:smh: If I become a bag holder on this one...

I'm very surprised I didn't get into this one from jump like Tesla and Visa. These are companies with unique and stronghold products that I like to get in on.

PayPal 2015 :nerd:

"Buy stocks that are being bought, sell stocks that are being sold"

Keep it simple

Yikes, if this is what you really think.

On that note: This market is scaring the ish out of me. Too much volatility with low volume. IPO bubble happening, this P2P lending bubble, this credit bubble, VIX has gone from 12 to 16 etc. We're due for a correction soon. It's going to get UGLY people.

There's too much leverage in the system right now and once rates go up, people will be caught with their pants down. This is the type of hit that happens so fast, most people don't see it coming. I've seen this movie before. Trust me, it doesn't end well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom