Official Thread : Cut your own hair!

Share some knowledge fellas.... i just started cutting my own hair and it aint looking pretty
tired.gif

Thanks NT

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Yes i know oster 76 or whatever is the best and yes andis masters are the best but im only going to cut my own hair, and i need an inexpensive kit (beginner here)
so help me nt! between these

1. http://www.amazon.com/Wah...F8&qid=1312058893&sr=8-1
2. http://www.amazon.com/And...8&qid=1312058961&sr=1-14
3. http://www.amazon.com/Wah...F8&qid=1312059016&sr=1-6

Thanks NT

Why settle for less when it's your own hair you're cutting? 
Go get Andis. 

cuz im really not trying to drop 90 dollars if im only going to cut my own hair.

Personally, I don't like Wahl too much. I actually have clippers very similar to the first set of Wahl and the Andis set you posted.

Only problem with those Andis is, they're probably going to be very heavy. But I'd go ahead and save that $10 and get the Andis over the Wahl. 

PS - Dropping $90 is really not that much when you think about how much money you'll be saving by cutting your own hair. They'll pay for themselves within the first 6-8 months.

I agree with eiddy HOWEVER the expensive !#@% is no joke.You have VERY little room for error.

I need to upgrade to some Osters but haven't been in the mood to spend the money. Take it from someone that owns a pair of Wahl's, you're gonna wind up buying a new pair in a year or so so just get the best pair possible now and save the money.

When it comes to clippers you can be cheap, But trimmers thats another thing. I would go with the Wahls in this situation since your not trying to spend that much. I'll just say look into owning a Andis Masters.

I been fading my hair for ten years now....this is my set up

Andis 63965 Ceramic Bgrc Professional Detachable Blade Clipper

Oster Fast Feed Clipper & T-finish Trimmer Combo

Wahl Balding Clipper

If you want to see how good I am let me know I'll up some pics.

I just picked up an Andis T-Outliner with the comb set to keep my close look, short buzz cut and trimmed beard. It works very well and in IMHO it is well worth the extra money. Total I paid about $60 for everything.

I just got new clippers today and I got Wahl ones for the first time - and they did a nice job. The left and right ear guards are really handy too - do a nice job around the ears.

Okay guys I'm looking to cop a set of clippers as well.. I recently purchased the andis t-outliner, and I have absolutely no complaints. But what clippers would any of you barbers recommend? I'm looking for something professional that will last, and cut smoothly. I've been really looking to purchase the oster fast feed mainly because I've heard it's probably the best set of clippers out there aside from the oster 76. If it helps any, I'm black and usually go with a caesar (2 length).. Any help would be very much appreciated.. Thanks guys.

Ok, i decided im going to invest more on these and get more expensive one.

So is the Andis Improved masters the best clippers right now in the market?

Alot of you are mistaken if you think Wahl makes inferior clippers. Yes, they make cheaper quality "home haircutting kits" with garbage clippers but the Wahl Seniors are my favorite clippers I own. 

Originally Posted by BlackChiney06

Alot of you are mistaken if you think Wahl makes inferior clippers. Yes, they make cheaper quality "home haircutting kits" with garbage clippers but the Wahl Seniors are my favorite clippers I own. 

How do those cut for tapers and fades

Can't go wrong with either wahl/andis/oster, unless you choose the home kits. Trust there's a difference, just save up and cop that master.

Originally Posted by dosky323

Wahl Balding Clipper

Ive been giving myself buzzcuts for years now but i'm scared to try fades
laugh.gif
 tips/pics?

Originally Posted by melofan15

Originally Posted by dosky323

Wahl Balding Clipper

Ive been giving myself buzzcuts for years now but i'm scared to try fades
laugh.gif
 tips/pics?

ditto.  if i could master a nice fade within the next year i'd be 
happy.gif

DO NOT GET CHEAP CLIPPERS, i cut hair and cheap ones stop working so it adds up, getting a good pricey one is worth it because it will last.

also for fades, just make the line and blend it in, u just gotta try it and ull get better at it

Originally Posted by remix

also for fades, just make the line and blend it in, u just gotta try it and ull get better at it

is there a special mirror or technique for the back of your head? i am a complete scrub at this

Back
Top Bottom