OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Really, really, REALLY like this shoe.  But I just can't seem to pull the trigger on a pair because I'm a little worried about how low these shoes are and that they may have a lack of ankle support.  Can anyone who has a pair give me some of your expert opinion?

Nice find ! Is this sold out for real or did u happen to come across the secret page before it actually releases? :tongue:

Tried these on today. I went half size down. Comfort level on these is bananas! Spongy. Will get the Rockets colorways.

I could just imagine the allstar glow in the dark pair will look like these have so much potential

Really, really, REALLY like this shoe.  But I just can't seem to pull the trigger on a pair because I'm a little worried about how low these shoes are and that they may have a lack of ankle support.  Can anyone who has a pair give me some of your expert opinion?
ankle support can be lacking depending on the type of moves you're doing.  i'm used to playing in low tops and i don't go horizontal too often so it hasn't been a problem for me.  going a half size up gave me the perfect fit and despite the inner bootie being snug i was able to put on ASOs, so there's always that option.

the front pull tab is kind of annoying, one with being the way it sticks up, two with being the way it makes a "hole" in the bootie.  after seeing PG's pair and how his tabs are bent, it has me wondering if those were by design or just a natural result from playing in them.

Last edited:
Just ordered these but never got my question answers earlier....how do these compare performance wise with the Kobe 8's.

Just ordered these but never got my question answers earlier....how do these compare performance wise with the Kobe 8's.

I mean, they're similar, is that what you want to hear? They're both low cut shoes, the crusaders are more stiff right out of the box versus the EM. Traction can be iffy but the cushioning does a good job no matter what.

I hope the traction is still good with these shoes. That's one of the most important things I look for in a basketball shoe.

those aren't the hornets color way, the hornet color way has the vivid blue and volt color on the sole as in this picture. 

ankle support can be lacking depending on the type of moves you're doing.  i'm used to playing in low tops and i don't go horizontal too often so it hasn't been a problem for me.  going a half size up gave me the perfect fit and despite the inner bootie being snug i was able to put on ASOs, so there's always that option.

the front pull tab is kind of annoying, one with being the way it sticks up, two with being the way it makes a "hole" in the bootie.  after seeing PG's pair and how his tabs are bent, it has me wondering if those were by design or just a natural result from playing in them.
Thanks for the input.  Going all in on the black/blues.  

black/blues look good too
glasses.gif

View media item 787493
Local ****'s in Socal has em.

I like the comfort, traction looks to be an issue. And these are long as hell, I tried on a 10 which is my true sz and the length felt like a 10.5

Hyperrev's didnt feel too shabby either.

Last edited:
Local ***** in Socal has em.

I like the comfort, traction looks to be an issue. And these are long as hell, I tried on a 10 which is my true sz and the length felt like a 10.5
My experience with the length was exactly the same.  Felt a good half size longer

Back
Top Bottom