OFFICIAL TRAVEL GUIDE: JAPAN

most airlines fly into narita and then it’s pretty far to get to the city. well over an hour by bus. hawaiian airlines and a few others fly into haneda and it’s about a half hour to the city.

Can you tell me which converter you used that allows you to use Hair Clippers? When I took mine to Thailand last Spring, I realized our voltages were too high.

Gotta bring this thread back with some of my Japan pics.

Meat Skewer:
IMG_5226.JPG

Karaage:
IMG_5580.JPG

Yamazaki Distillery:
IMG_7171.JPG

French Toast:
IMG_7761.JPG
Was the Yamazaki distillery worth going to? I was gonna head there from Kyoto or Osaka, but I’m not sure it’s worth spending 2-3 hours and making a trip with my wife.

Was the Yamazaki distillery worth going to? I was gonna head there from Kyoto or Osaka, but I’m not sure it’s worth spending 2-3 hours and making a trip with my wife.
:wow: Ain't even know you were married, my G.

Depends, how much do you love whisky? As you alluded to, we went from Kyoto. Recall it taking just under an hour by train. It was a must-see on my list but your wife will probably be bored. Tour is fairly detailed about the distillation process. Tasting room at the end was great. Wonderful opportunity to try snifters of Yamazaki 12, 18 and 25. Plus Hakushu 12, 18 and 25. Expensive for some. Obviously you get what you pay for.

most airlines fly into narita and then it’s pretty far to get to the city. well over an hour by bus. hawaiian airlines and a few others fly into haneda and it’s about a half hour to the city.
I flew into narita. Took 2 trains. About a hour by train

Help........
i had a good vegetarian curry at wakakusa curry in nara. i also bought some fantastic persimmon butter in that area.

tons of places to eat kobe beef in kobe. get off that train station and as soon as you get outside, you can smell the steak cooking.

one of the most popular ramen spots is ichiran but i preferred ippudo.

we didn’t do much food exploration on our last trip. we mostly went to random spots that were near the attractions that we visited. my son really enjoyed eating deep fried maple leaves and ramune ice cream on our walk up to minooo falls. osaka is known for their takoyaki and okonomiyaki so you should probably try that while you’re there.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican @Kinfolk
Osaka is known for

Takoyaki
Okonokmiyaki
Kushikatsu

I really like the ramen I had at Zundouya

But in general Osaka is known as Japan’s kitchen so there should be lots of good eats

I was thinking of going around the Olympics.

Bad idea?

Actually wanted to go for my bday last year but that fell through.

I was thinking of going around the Olympics.

Bad idea?

Actually wanted to go for my bday last year but that fell through.
I think this is terrible idea.

Tokyo is already busy as it is.

Hotels will be fully booked, using the subway will be a hassle, restaurant will be packed etc.

Unless you’re going to check out Olympics themselves

Thanks.

All valid points.

I did wanna check out USAB but I can watch on TV just as well.

booked a private Onsen for when we transition from Tokyo to Kyoto.
it's by Mt Fuji and the views look incredible

I'm heading to Tokyo first week of March for a week. I've been thinking about taking a day to visit Mt. Fuji, but I've been reading it's a real gamble this time of year due to clouds. I may lose a day and not see a thing. I'm planning on going next year with my son for the Nintendo World opening. So I think I will crush Tokyo as much as I can for a week. BTW, I'm working on a Google Doc with recommendations. Will try it up once I"m done in a few days and greatly appreciate any feedback.

Back
Top Bottom