OFFICIAL TRAVEL GUIDE: JAPAN

visa-japan-travel-restrictions-nov2020.png
watch how quick that tourist restriction gonna be gone come july

Highly doubt you're be able to enter Japan on a tourism visa until Nov/Dec 2021 unfortunately.

n extent, the delay is because Amtrak doesn't even have priority to run on most of its lines, commerce "built" those tracks (with public subsidies in many cases) so whenever frieght trains have to get through passenger trains stop...so nobody takes the train.

How is the rail system South of the Borders?

obviously can’t speak for anyone else but I felt incredibly comfortable in Tokyo. Im a 6’1 Black guy, so definitely don’t look like the next person there but couldn’t have imagined a more pleasant experience. Can’t wait to go back.
Yea, it is WIERD how safe you feel over there man. :lol:

Like damn, is this what life is SUPPOSED to feel ike? :lol: :smh:

If you want to hear more folks speak on it, I suggest listening to some first hand experiences @

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧 (𝐁𝐄𝐉) 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐞. 𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐨𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐀𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝. 𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

The Black Experience Japan - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBlackExperienceJapan/videos

ahat ahat A aham @aIssac @aIshmael

damn when i saw this thread bumped up, i thought they announced japan is ready for tourists again :smh:

Pretty much given up on going this year(have a ticket for nov 28 )
Even if it did open it would be in that extreme trial period where I feel the minute an outbreak happens they gonna send tourists home(rightfully so)

plus my trip ballooned from 3 weeks to 3months.

May just put my energy into living abroad in Portugal for a year

12 Most Beautiful Japanese Gardens You Shouldn't Miss When Visiting Japan | tsunagu Japan

Bringing this thread back up to see if any NTers have been there recently and what has changed since the pandemic?
I was there in 2017 and going back in September this year, I’m pretty sure some stuff have permanently closed but hopefully new restaurants, shops, etc… have opened since!

Nice, man!

I forgot about this thread.

Last time I was there was 2019.
I usually go yearly but the pandemic really messed up the past few years.

When are you going in September?
I’ll be there from September 26 to about mid-October.

-Drew

i was there in december last year. had to do a bunch of stuff online to make entry easy. upload vaxx card and screenshot qr codes etc. not sure if you need that. in tokyo, it’s expected that you wear a mask pretty much everywhere. as far as new things to see, shibuya sky was pretty nice and teamlab was fun for my kids. anyway, we had a blast. we’re from hawaii so it was cool they got to see their first snow falling (top of mount takao - nice hike) and they got to ice skate for the first time at some random outdoor rink at a mall.

here’s my son playing with an otter in harajuku.
1EA8EDFB-3EFA-4F87-8E93-E526F02DE133.jpeg

Nice, man!

I forgot about this thread.

Last time I was there was 2019.
I usually go yearly but the pandemic really messed up the past few years.

When are you going in September?
I’ll be there from September 26 to about mid-October.

-Drew

I'm going Sept 6 - Sept 25, I'm finalising the itinerary this time around:
- Tokyo
- Hakone or Kawaguchiko (TBD)
- Kyoto
- Osaka
- Seoul
- Tokyo

Really tempted to do a night at the Muji Hotel in Ginza (https://hotel.muji.com/ginza/en/)

What about you? What's the plan?

i was there in december last year. had to do a bunch of stuff online to make entry easy. upload vaxx card and screenshot qr codes etc. not sure if you need that. in tokyo, it’s expected that you wear a mask pretty much everywhere. as far as new things to see, shibuya sky was pretty nice and teamlab was fun for my kids. anyway, we had a blast. we’re from hawaii so it was cool they got to see their first snow falling (top of mount takao - nice hike) and they got to ice skate for the first time at some random outdoor rink at a mall.

here’s my son playing with an otter in harajuku.
1EA8EDFB-3EFA-4F87-8E93-E526F02DE133.jpeg

Damn, I wanna pet otters now, I'm staying in Shinjuku the first 4 days, where was that exactly?

Damn, I wanna pet otters now, I'm staying in Shinjuku the first 4 days, where was that exactly?
about a 5 minute walk from harajuku station.

that’s another thing that was different for me. the harajuku station has been remodeled and looks way nicer now

about a 5 minute walk from harajuku station.

that’s another thing that was different for me. the harajuku station has been remodeled and looks way nicer now
Thanks a lot, will definitely check it out!

I'm going Sept 6 - Sept 25, I'm finalising the itinerary this time around:
- Tokyo
- Hakone or Kawaguchiko (TBD)
- Kyoto
- Osaka
- Seoul
- Tokyo

Really tempted to do a night at the Muji Hotel in Ginza (https://hotel.muji.com/ginza/en/)

What about you? What's the plan?

Kawaguchiko is real beautiful at that time of the year bro!

Went there last time and took the Trolley car up hoping to see Mt. Fuji lol. You’ll have an awesome view if there are no clouds.

I’m going with a group that has never been to Japan before so they want me to show them around.

We’ll be based in Tokyo but I’ll have to bring them to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kawaguchiko, and Fukuoka.

I’m going to find out the places they really want to see though.

-Drew

Planning on stopping by Osaka this summer, first time there.

Any recs for shops to hit up, restaurants etc?

Back
Top Bottom